It's official... MW3 teaser!

Spectre4802

Oct 23, 2009
I loved MW2, singleplayer, SpecOps and multiplayer, and I'm probably going to love MW3. If only they didn't torpedo MW2 into the ground by not giving it dedicated servers, a lot less people whould've bought the (in my opinion) abysmally bad Black Ops.

I just hope Activision don't try to kill this one too. If it doesn't have dedicated servers, a vote kick system, or good weapon balancing (and I swear, if it pulls the same weapon balancing shit as Black Ops did, where a certain SMG was more lethal than a sniper rifle, I'm going to be so pissed), AND a beta for people to play, the entire game is a complete waste of time.

Considering how Activision quietly executed Infinity Ward and made Treyarch it's new prize puppy, I wouldn't be surprised if all three of those teams have to work doubly hard not to have their game ruined by either Activision or Treyarch, because there's nothing stopping either of them from destroying the project. Treyarch could release new DLC for Black Ops within a day or so of MW3's release (or something of that nature) and Activision... well, they can torpedo MW3 just like they torpedoed MW2.

That last section could just be me being paranoid.

If MW3 has the customization and dedicated servers of Black Ops (minus the lag and severly messed up spawning), the same high quality campaign as CoD4, and the same fun factor as MW2... we are looking at a seriously good game, a game that might even steamroll Black Ops.

It's a long shot, but it just might happen.

bassdrum

jygabyte!
Oct 6, 2009
Aw, damn it. I was hoping to not get excited by the next Call of Duty game, but even just the reveal of major cities OUTSIDE the USA getting some love piqued my interest. Okay, I guess that I'll put myself down as cautiously optimistic that it'll be more like CoD4 than MW2. Regardless, there's no way that I'm buying this on launch day--I'm going to need to see it in action (and not promotionally) before I make my call.

artanis_neravar

Apr 18, 2011
GrimHeaper said:
artanis_neravar said:
I am looking forward to MW3, I will probably be pre-ordering it. I have noticed though that COD, and Halo not only have the worst fans, but they have the worst antifans as well. I have never seen another game where so many people go into a thread just to say how awful the game is and how everyone who likes it is a moron. Congratulations for being worse than the worst fans in gaming, enjoy your trophies.
You enjoy being that guy that says the anti-fans are worse than the fans.
Name how many games that are made in America that don't involve sports or first/3rd person shooters that look like mud?
Portal, Fallout 1,2,3,New Vegas, Morrowind, Warcraft 1,2,3, World of, StarCraft 1, Brood War, 2, Jak and Daxter, Jak 2, Jak 3, Jax X, Ratchet and Clank 1,2,3,4,Future 1,2 Sly Cooper 1,2,3 Command and Conquer 1,2,3,Red Alert 1,2,3

Adam Galli

Nov 26, 2010
I hope the campaign is longer and as good as the other two. Also I hope that this game is the last of the modern warfare series. I want them to give the game a proper ending and then stop beating the dead horse that is Call of Duty.

As for the multiplayer I thought MW2 did it pretty well. I would like to hear the guns sound more realistic. They also need to reduce the number of kills needed for the kill streaks because not everyone is good enough to get 25 kills without dying(or boosting). Snipers need to do less damage in non vital spots. And the community needs to gets better, though I know there is not much that can be done about that.

MazeMinion

Mar 7, 2010
*unexcited voice* Oh, look, another CoD game...

Every CoD after WaW disappointed me. I hope they at least do beta testing this time.

It doesn't matter, millions of 13-year-olds will still buy it on release.

MrMrAwesom

Mar 19, 2011
AlternatePFG said:
Please, oh please be more balanced than Modern Warfare 2. I would have liked that game alot more if it had any balance at all. I also really hope they tone down killstreaks, that's what has been killing the series for me, in my opinion.
soooo basically you want them to make mw1?

Yureina

Who are you?
May 6, 2010
*yawns sleepily* I'll wait for the reviews before I even consider picking this one up. Yet another CoD game needs to seem impressive to me if it will have any chance of taking yet more of my money after the failure that was MW2 (in my eyes).

-Samurai-

Oct 8, 2009
All the hate makes me like these games even more. Especially all the "Harr harr. All the prepubescent, mentally handicapped teens are going to buy this and my taste in games is so much better, and I'm clearly more mature than the people I'm insulting for the simple act of liking something I don't. Hardy harr harr." comments.

I think I'll buy 3 copies, just to piss off the people that don't want it to sell.

Grey_Focks

Jan 12, 2010
So.....dedicated servers? Honestly, the answer to that question will decide whether or not I even consider this game. I tried playing the CoD games on consoles, and on PC without Dedis....I just hated it, through and through. CoD4 on PC, with it's glorious 50 man servers, was easily my favorite entry in the series, and if this game can re-capture that feel, with a few larger maps (Think Broadcast here), I will be quite pleased.

Basically, I want CoD to be more like Battlefield, but to keep the CoD stuff like the perks and whatnot. If it dissapoints, no harm done, since BF3 still comes out this year, and hell, maybe Brink will get patched a bit and that free DLC will add some more awesome to it.

WOPR

Aug 18, 2010
Didn't Mech Warrior 3 come out quite sometimes ago..?

oh wait-
Modern Warfair 3?
huh, I thought the second one killed it which is why they remade WaW with a different name

well either way, it's good to be back at the escapist
but why are there SOO many CoD-MWF3 threads?

WOPR

Aug 18, 2010
CLEAR/EDIT

Oops, well as long as this is here, why did I post something (ONE POST) and it end up posting twice..? huh, weird...

Darzen

Aug 27, 2009
I guess i'll play it...Unless Duke Nukem hasn't gotten old by the time this game releases.

GrimHeaper

Jun 1, 2010
artanis_neravar said:
GrimHeaper said:
artanis_neravar said:
I am looking forward to MW3, I will probably be pre-ordering it. I have noticed though that COD, and Halo not only have the worst fans, but they have the worst antifans as well. I have never seen another game where so many people go into a thread just to say how awful the game is and how everyone who likes it is a moron. Congratulations for being worse than the worst fans in gaming, enjoy your trophies.
Name how many games that are made in America that don't involve sports or first/3rd person shooters that look like mud?
Portal, Fallout 1,2,3,New Vegas, Morrowind, Warcraft 1,2,3, World of, StarCraft 1, Brood War, 2, Jak and Daxter, Jak 2, Jak 3, Jax X, Ratchet and Clank 1,2,3,4,Future 1,2 Sly Cooper 1,2,3 Command and Conquer 1,2,3,Red Alert 1,2,3
Try to keep you list in this decade will you?(what's that calender 2011 you say?)
The Majority is to old to count at all though I did say "Name how many games that are made in America that don't involve sports or first/3rd person shooters that look like mud?" and didn't say what time though if I didn't name recent games you may as well be telling people to go play Atari games. But since you seem to not care abotu recent games I will list 3 franchises that nearly half yours.

That is a less than impressive list that I can beat by using several games remade over and over and are shooters. My point stands.
Halo: Combat Evolved,Halo 2,Halo 3,Halo 3:ODST,Halo Reach
and the soon to be made halo "5"
Call of Duty: Finest Hour, Call of duty 2: Big Red One, Call of Duty 3, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Call of Duty: World at War, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 and Call of Duty: Black Ops 7 in total.
Gears of war1,2,3
15 games nearly half of what you listed from 3 franchises compared to your 11 to simply make up that much and it would be much worse If I listed the sports remakes.
Not that my ranting will do any good people will still buy this stuff making the market even more stagnant in it's own way.

WOPR

Aug 18, 2010
GrimHeaper said:
artanis_neravar said:
GrimHeaper said:
artanis_neravar said:
Try to keep you list in this decade will you?(what's that calender 2011 you say?)
The Majority is to old to count at all though I did say "Name how many games that are made in America that don't involve sports or first/3rd person shooters that look like mud?" and didn't say what time though if I didn't name recent games you may as well be telling people to go play Atari games. But since you seem to not care abotu recent games I will list 3 franchises that nearly half yours.

That is a less than impressive list that I can beat by using several games remade over and over and are shooters. My point stands.
Call of Duty: Finest Hour, Call of duty 2: Big Red One, Call of Duty 3, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Call of Duty: World at War, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 and Call of Duty: Black Ops 7 in total.
Gears of war1,2,3
15 games nearly half of what you listed from 3 franchises compared to your 11 to simply make up that much and it would be much worse If I listed the sports remakes.
Not that my ranting will do any good people will still buy this stuff making the market even more stagnant in it's own way.
So in short

StarCraft
WarCraft
CoD
Halo
Gears of War
Jak & Daxter
Fallout
and The Elder Scrolls

artanis_neravar

Apr 18, 2011
GrimHeaper said:
artanis_neravar said:
GrimHeaper said:
artanis_neravar said:

Gears of war1,2,3
All the games you listed have very good plots (the exception possibly being the first 3 CoD games as I never actually played them)

idarkphoenixi

May 2, 2011
Honestly, fuck these teaser trailers. Its just a cheap way of trying to get people hyped up. This tells us nothing about the game, other than it exists, which we already know.

Im just tired of CoD in general, I thought with Black Ops things would be different, but nope. Its exactly the same. The map packs are now ridiculously overpriced and the zombie maps are literally the EXACT same as theyve ever been, save for a couple of new weapons.

Its a cash cow that people need to get over, for the sake of all military fps's. Get BF3 instead...At least they are trying

The Apothecarry

Mar 6, 2011
I've lost all hope for the Call of Duty franchise. Modern Warfare 2 was a buzzkill and Black Ops was Modern Warfare at a convention in a Vietnam War costume. If I buy Modern Warfare 3, it's because my friends incessantly bugged me to get it.

Can we just call it quits here and move on?