It's Old Flames Only in Mass Effect 3, Says BioWare [UPDATED]

Android2137

Feb 2, 2010
I'll be fine with this just so long as ALL love interests aren't suddenly bi out of the blue. Earth doesn't consist solely of bisexuals, so why would the rest of the galaxy?

Zap Happy

Mar 28, 2010
I'd prefer that they work on adding characterization to the non-romantic crew members. When I was playing the second game I found that I would always talk a lot more to Tali, Miranda, Jack, and Samara because I knew something meaningful could come out of it. With all the other characters, no matter how deep the subject matter was, the conversations always felt like meaningless small talk. Maybe they should add some more incentive to get to know some of your male counterparts. Something like super hard to get missions.

Zizzousa

Nov 30, 2010
Hrm hrm. If they do retcon anyone to be bi, it'll be Tali and Garrus - which I think is perfectly fine. I played ME1 (somehow ended up in Kaiden-romance but then he died in a fire so it's cool) and ME2 (lizard-man for hot voice acting) as Femshep, and after Tali came back on the ship she did seem to flirt with Femshep a little. There's a chat you can have about biosuits, and Tali gets all suggestive in the space, in an embarrased and geeky way... Also, Thane always seemed gay. Maybe it was the hands?

In relevant news, I'm kinda sad that I can't have SUPER BLACK WIDOW SHEP. Kaiden? Dead. Thane? (presumably) dead. Who's next? :D

Clive Howlitzer

Jan 27, 2011
IamGamer41 said:
So they do intend to retcon previously straight characters into bisexuals.Lame Bioware.very lame.
All that time spent battling intergalactic space squid have really got to Shepard.

Nurb

Cynical bastard
Dec 9, 2008
lesbian romance is better romance I guess since that doesn't stir up the gamers that whine over gay characters

funkzillabot

Dec 10, 2009
Yes but... what if SHE left YOU? In my situation, for Mass Effect 1. I got with Liara (Ashley died). But in Mass Effect 2, I tried to get back together with Liara, but she didn't want to. She wanted to stay on her home planet and continue to work for the Shadow Broker (Officially breaking-up). So, I got together with Jack.

So, now what? My girlfriend is Jack. Crazy-ass, angry as hell, bald head, tattooed from head to toe Jack. Is this part of the new plot point in Mass Effect 3, is Jack and Liara cat fighting it out? Wait? you know what, I'd actually pay $60 bucks to see that. They are both biotics users, shit is truly going to hit the fan.

WouldYouKindly

Apr 17, 2011
I think I see something terrible in that small picture. Look at the gun, it's got the exact same glow that reminds me of the ammo skills, which was an utter waste of a skill.

Nurb

Cynical bastard
Dec 9, 2008
Android2137 said:
I'll be fine with this just so long as ALL love interests aren't suddenly bi out of the blue. Earth doesn't consist solely of bisexuals, so why would the rest of the galaxy?
How would it be "out of the blue"? It's not like they walked around saying "I'm straight/bi!", and characters shouldn't be defined by their sexuality, so if they were with someone of the opposite gender it doesn't mean they're automatically exclusively straght to begin with.

It's just something people would become aware of once they start seeing someone of the same gender. Besides, there's more bi people than most others think since most are hardly aware bisexuality is real.

Char-Nobyl

May 8, 2009
Right...I'm kinda iffy on the theory of a relationship still being in progress after 1) your death 2) two year's separation 3) and your opposite effectively disowning.

Iklwa

Jan 27, 2010
Well, I did it. I courted Ashley, SHE BROKE UP WITH ME I PAID CLOSE ATTENTION TO THE CUTSCENE AND EMAILS, then got it on with Jack. This is going to be SO interesting.

Nurb

Cynical bastard
Dec 9, 2008
I wanted the "Magic MILF" from ME 2... SHE BETTER BE AN OPTION IN THE 3rd!

Fursnake

Jun 18, 2009
The romance-an-npc thing felt unnecessary in these games, so I will continue my path of being focused on saving the galaxy and not getting "involved" with my crew members/teammates.

Now if ME had a slutty, lusty pirate wench...

funkzillabot

Dec 10, 2009
Nurb said:
I wanted the "Magic MILF" from ME 2... SHE BETTER BE AN OPTION IN THE 3rd!

Oh yeah, you mean the hot Asari Justicar chick with the big boobs? Yeah, she was cool. I would have gotten with her if there was an option to do so. But she would have killed me for sure, because I banged Yeoman Kelly.

Tdc2182

May 21, 2009
May just be me, but I am so looking forward to rubbing Tali in Ashley's face. Ashley reminds me of an ex in so many ways.

Joabbuac

Feb 23, 2010
trooper6 said:
This makes me nervous...but here's my story.

In ME1 I was with Ashley.

In ME2 I was faithful to Ashley, until that scene in Hope's Landing when she acted how she did. I took that to mean we were definitely over. I don't date people who don't trust me--and people who accuse me of being a terrorist? Yeah, that doesn't work well with me.

So, *after* that, I began my romance with Miranda--and I didn't consider it cheating because it seemed like Ash and I were over...but then I got that apology email from Ash, and now it looks like Bioware will consider it cheating.

Man. I'm screwed.
Take it more as Ashley thinking its cheating over Bioware, its not that uncommon in life for a recently broke up ex to consider you cheating.

Tsaba

reconnoiter
Oct 6, 2009
oh shit.........

I guess I should go back and play both then.......... *runs and opens up steam*