Megan Fox: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Haters Can "F*ck Off"

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
So does this little gem cover people who offer constructive criticism towards the movie, or just people who hate Bay movies on principle. I am curious.

Thyunda

May 4, 2009
marscentral said:
She does have a point. If you complain about a film and go and see it anyway, you're kind of a hypocrite imo. I saw the first Transformers, was disappointed and so haven't bothered with any of the others even with the lure of the dinobots. Catch me once, shame on you. Catch me twice, shame on me.
Oh man...they lured me in with dinobots and now they've gone and hung Quintessons in front of my nose. Michael Bay apparently had an epiphany after the third film, and he's suddenly got The Touch.

OT: I like Megan Fox. She's far too skinny for my taste, sexually, but she's not the idiot everyone would just love her to be. Strong opinions, boldness, what's not to like? Oh yeah. She's not siding with you on hating TMNT. They're ninja turtles, for crying out loud, why are people getting so upset that the film doesn't look very good? Need I remind you of that other live-action film? Your childhood franchises are getting injected with millions of dollars and forced on the next generation, a feat a lot of you have been trying to accomplish with your militant nostalgia, and all you can do is complain because...because...I don't even know. Nobody is going to make you see the movie. If there are people privy to your anti-Bay rants, they probably weren't going to go see it either.

Because as far as shitty old cartoons go, Bay's probably the only one who won't try to turn them into a parody. Intentionally.

Darks63

Mar 8, 2010
This sentiment really makes me want to go out to the theater and see TMNT... or not. I wasn't a hater I was on the fence but this kind of thing is either her put mouth in gear before brain or a publicity stunt.

Nowhere Man

Mar 10, 2013
I have a few thoughts on this so bare with me. Someone mentioned it earlier in the thread but it's worth repeating. Movies like GI Joe are made and are far off base and no one bats an eyelash, but as soon as Micheal Bay's name is attached to anything everyone's running around flapping their hands as if their hair's on fire all while screaming rape of childhood.

Transformers are shitty movies but Bay is only part of the problem when it boils down to that film franchise.
This article points out the reasons why I will never watch another TF movie again

http://www.vox.com/2014/7/6/5873099/transformers-4-is-a-master-class-in-economics

So maybe they're trying to do the same thing to TMNT as the Transformers films. Maybe It's understandable to see resentment for those reasons. No one likes to see their favorite franchises whored out like some cheap hooker. I was a little to old to follow TMNT once the original cartoon series aired but I'm aware that the original series was a big departure from the the grittier tongue in cheek source material. So far the only issues I have with this current incarnation are some weird looking turtle lips and maybe Shredder's origin/identity. But everyone (including Megan) has a right to how they feel on the adaptation. I just find it short sighted when people place the blame solely on Bay without taking into account all the other reasons why these movies always miss the mark.

OTH I agree with Megan. But maybe she can learn a little subtlety. And the fact that Transformers 4 made more money then what's in God's wallet doesn't speak anything of the quality of that film or the mentality of the hypnotized herds that flocked to see it. I realize this post may sound a bit incoherent, but these are just my loose thoughts on the matter.

rbstewart7263

Nov 2, 2010
I dont get the hate for megan fox I mean yeah she may not be the best actor of auturism but shit shes not a shitlord.

michael87cn

Jan 12, 2011
Isn't it reasonable to say that someone who HATES something can fuck off? I think it is. I mean, hate is a very strongly negative force. Obviously she is pro-turtles, so I think its not unfair to expect her to not like people that hate what she is doing. I think that's a very open and honest stance to take, that most people do in everyday normal life. I've heard many people say so and so type of person can fuck off before. It's not that unusual.

Of course, as much as people preach and moan and grown about being fair and equal and open and honest blah blah blah, someone told me to fuck off for being an asshole about something that doesn't matter all that much? Well, I hate them all the more!

Ah well. An endless cycle of hate. Over a movie...

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
like many others have said here: she does have a point. even when she is far from being great but who knows, maybe one day she will actually be a good actress.
but yes, people do know the movie will be bad but they still see it. transformers 4 was actually really amusing. more than the other 3, which i enjoyed as well. but i sure skip out on the turtle movie. even if its good, im still not interested. i saw the cartoons, i saw the other movies and the CGI movie when i saw it on tv but im just not in to it.

misg

Apr 13, 2013
Well I have no interest in this movie and after seeing her opinion on those who disagree with the direction of this movie I'm happy I have no interest in seeing this thing.

klaynexas3

My shoes hurt
Dec 30, 2009
I'm genuinely surprised she's still acting in basically anything. I thought she disappeared off the face of the earth once her role in the Transformers movies was over and everyone realized she had nothing to her as an actor. Really, the fact that her voice carries any weight for anyone(she sucks at acting and clearly cares nothing for the material that she acts in) is kind of bewildering. Why should her telling you to fuck off be the reason to not see this movie? Shouldn't the fact that it's going to be terrible be the reason to not go see this movie? Trying not to support her makes little sense, as she'll disappear once again when this blows over, whether or not this thing makes bank. She's a bland actress, simple as that.

But also, fuck you too Megan Fox. And don't worry, you haven't made a cent off me, so you have no ground to stand on in the face of the almighty klaynexas3.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Mcoffey said:
Classy as hell! Still, she's not wrong. At the end of the day this movie is still probably going to make more money than God, ugly-ass turtles and all.
The "shit ton of money" defense has never been a good argument for a movie's quality though.

Vareoth

Mar 14, 2012
Ha, what a class act she is. She should use all the money this movie brings in and get herself a new personality.

Agayek

Ravenous Gormandizer
Oct 23, 2008
Johnny Novgorod said:
The "shit ton of money" defense has never been a good argument for a movie's quality though.
At least for the first few decades. Give it long enough though, and the "shit ton of money" defense becomes "it's a classic and everyone loves it!" defense (see: Lovecraft's work, Shakespeare, and pretty much every other work of art in human history).

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Agayek said:
Johnny Novgorod said:
At least for the first few decades. Give it long enough though, and the "shit ton of money" defense becomes "it's a classic and everyone loves it!" defense (see: Lovecraft's work, Shakespeare, and pretty much every other work of art in human history).
Hmmmmmno? Cause "every other work of art in human history" would include the work of William Blake, Edgar Allan Poe, James Barry, Henri de Toulousse Lautrec, Oscar Wilde, Franz Kafka, John Kennedy Toole and god knows how many fine artists who died without two pennies to rub together. I don't even know why you would bring Lovecraft and Shakespeare up, they didn't do particularly well either.

Actually I would say the exact opposite is true - instant money-makers are celebrated in the short run, but in the long run they're easily outdone by equally mediocre products that turn out to be bigger money makers.

Erik Zarkov

Sep 12, 2013
I'm going to be in the camp that agrees with her. Folks complained about how bad T4 was all though the making of, trailers, and its release. None of it mattered. It still made stupid amounts of money. One of the biggest opening weekends this year (hopefully to be beaten by GotG), and its the biggest movie money maker in China of all time. So folks can hate all they want, it doesn't matter when the rank and file around the world line up to see it. When the masses head out, look at their options of what to do for the evening and decide, "I'm going to spend my money on this pile of steaming turds right here.", well, yeah. She's right. All the haters can go f-off. Your money, your voice isn't needed.

Agayek

Ravenous Gormandizer
Oct 23, 2008
Johnny Novgorod said:
Hmmmmmno? Cause "every other work of art in human history" would include the work of William Blake, Edgar Allan Poe, James Barry, Henri de Toulousse Lautrec, Oscar Wilde, Franz Kafka, John Kennedy Toole and god knows how many fine artists who died without two pennies to rub together. I don't even know why you would bring Lovecraft and Shakespeare up, they didn't do particularly well either.

Actually I would say the exact opposite is true - instant money-makers are celebrated in the short run, but in the long run they're easily outdone by equally mediocre products that turn out to be bigger money makers.
I'm not referring to how much money the artist makes.

I'm referring to the fact that lowest-common-denominator entertainment is what is generally remembered as the best after a few generations. That's why I brought up Shakespeare and Lovecraft, two rather prominent examples of it. At the time of publication/production, their works were considered garbage by the intelligentsia, worth little more than the ink used to print them, and actively mocked within their circles.

And yet, the common man loved them and ate it up, which is why it continues to survive and is widely accepted as classic literature.

Now admittedly, the trend is less obvious with movies than books, but I'm fairly confident that's more due to the fact that movies are a much, much younger medium.

NoeL

May 14, 2011
She's right, but still not a pleasant way of putting it. I'm going to go see this in theatres because I love me some Turtles, and I honestly don't care how badly they might've butchered it. I've learnt to go into movies like this expecting some consumable entertainment - in fact it's why I see shlock like this in the cinema rather than buying/downloading it. I'm not likely to be interested in seeing it a second time, and it's the kind of movie that works best with loud sound and a giant screen. And I ain't ashamed to admit it.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
I'm going to support her entirely, here. I'm entirely fed up with people complaining about things that aren't out yet, end of.

Vykrel

Feb 26, 2009
generally, the people who complain are not the ones going to see these movies. the ones who go to see it are the kids who havent developed good taste yet and adults who never did.

still, there is no point hating on these films so much. i dont appreciate that guys like Michael Bay will just take a steaming dump on a beloved franchise, but theres nothing you can do about it. just dont give them money.