Naming Your Characters.

Rayansaki

May 5, 2009
I just give them one of my usernames. Usually either Rayah, Bella or Stoyah for female or Rayansaki for male.

SuperGilfer

Jan 21, 2010
It depends, really. I usually name my main player characters Gilfer, or I'll name them after myself, and I'll name other characters after friends and family. (I recently started a new game on Pokemon Pearl and named my rival after TWO of my best friends, who conveniently have the same name)

But sometimes I'll get creative and actually try to think up names. Most recent example I can think of is naming all of my Pokemon after sound effects. Nobody seems to find it quite as amusing I do.

twasdfzxcv

Mar 30, 2010
I usually use bodily functions or sexual fetishes for my character names, had to get clever to circumvent some mmo games' restriction.

J. Reed

Nov 13, 2009
SuperGilfer said:
It depends, really. I usually name my main player characters Gilfer, or I'll name them after myself, and I'll name other characters after friends and family. (I recently started a new game on Pokemon Pearl and named my rival after TWO of my best friends, who conveniently have the same name)

But sometimes I'll get creative and actually try to think up names. Most recent example I can think of is naming all of my Pokemon after sound effects. Nobody seems to find it quite as amusing I do.
I choose! ... Pfft?

Daniel_Rosamilia

Jan 17, 2008
Mine are ALWAYS the antagonist.
So, for Morrowind 3, I am Dagoth Ur.
Not THE Dagoth Ur, you know, just a good-guy 3rd-ish cousin.

jakkuss

Mar 21, 2009
It's a simple formula. "unpleasant noun"+"verb"+er.
ex: Gutcutter, Gristlebiter, Locustcaller, Plaguedriver, etc...

(although I made an exception for: the Bludgeoneer)

AMMO Kid

Jan 2, 2009
Really depends on what they look like. MY MAss Effect character's name is Aimee, and my Oblivion character's name is Eleazar Judah

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
I always use Nouw or something else like Nouw001 or Nouw Corien or TheRealNouw or Nouw2 or nouw or NoUw

I love Nouw.

J. Reed

Nov 13, 2009
twasdfzxcv said:
I usually use bodily functions or sexual fetishes for my character names, had to get clever to circumvent some mmo games' restriction.
Once, just to be a douchebag, I made a character on my friend's WoW account, a naked gnome, named Choadie, and ran around some Alliance city yelling at everyone "My beard is full of bees! My beard is full of bees!" And "Someone, anyone! Please! I need a soft touch! I can't go back to the Horde; the Orcs are too rough for me!"

I don't normally grief people, but it feels great after a bad day.

No one seemed able to appreciate the hilarity, though.

And it's pretty ridiculous (and sort of amusing) how angry people get if you say "For the Horde" in an Alliance city.

This was my only experience with WoW, by the way. Haven't played since.

SageRuffin

M-f-ing Jedi Master
Dec 19, 2009
The characters I use are all from my little custom universe(s) for when I get in the mood to draw something. The way I usually come across a name is that I just make it, and then I create the character that happens to match the name.

Backwards and unorthodox perhaps, but it works for me.

Mr. Gency

Jan 26, 2010
Hmm...

I don't have any naming habbits.
Though, I did just think of this: I'll name X character based of where the game was made and how I/the character acts.
Unoriginal said:
I use swears most of the time. It's funny.

"Hello, B%*#$!"
"So A$$*$&%, where are you going?"
"What do you think, D*$&#*%#*?"
What about games that don't let you swear?

Stone Wera

Feb 13, 2010
Usually Soap... No I'm not a germaphobe, it's just a shortened version of my email. Death_Soap... Please don't ask.
And it's not named after "Soap" Mactavish, from CoD4. I've been using it long before Modern Warfare came out.

Tharwen

Ep. VI: Return of the turret
May 7, 2009
For quick, childish amusement:

1. Find a Pokémon game.
2. Start up Pokémon game.
3. Create a character, naming it 'IAMGAY'.
4. Play the game, noting the entertaining manner with which NPCs regularly shout 'IAMGAY'.