Neo-Nazis Faked Out by Trick T-Shirts

RivFader86

Jul 3, 2009
Eggsnham said:
manythings said:
Dusty Fred said:
Extremism doesn't necessarily preclude intelligence. Leon Trotsky was a very clever man, to give the first example that springs to mind.
Then Lenin killed him and photoshopped him out of existence. Also Communism is a retarded economically crippling system that is easily as bad, if not worse, than what they replaced.
Communism isn't entirely terrible, it just seems that nobody can effectively lead a Communist country without fucking shit up via powertripping and general douchebaggery.
yeah in theory anarchy and communism are the best ways to govern a country (or in the case of anarchy not govern ;P) but as you said...powetripping and douchebaggery. Democracy is just a safer compromise and as good as it gets with humanity ;P

MurderousToaster

Aug 9, 2008
manythings said:
Dusty Fred said:
Extremism doesn't necessarily preclude intelligence. Leon Trotsky was a very clever man, to give the first example that springs to mind.
Then Lenin killed him and photoshopped him out of existence. Also Communism is a retarded economically crippling system that is easily as bad, if not worse, than what they replaced.
Stalin had Trotsky killed, mate. Stalin and Lenin were two incredibly different people. I hate to say it, but you're not going to make a very effective point if you mix up two major (albeit related) historical figures like that.

Treblaine

Jul 25, 2008
HerbertTheHamster said:
why do nazis still exist?

I thought we got rid of both them and communists after people realised corruption makes both those systems completely unusable.

Treblaine said:
I'd have trolled them a bit harder than offering the ma way out.

It is EASY to leave far-right groups, if you want to.
No it fucking isn't. A lot of these morons would bash your head in you if you tried to leave.
Come on, it can't be that hard to just stay in and watch TV rather than go to a rally.

It's not like you have to go join the labour party, just not keep going to these events slowly at a time.

I don't get it, what stops them just being apathetic?

RivFader86

Jul 3, 2009
Treblaine said:
HerbertTheHamster said:

I thought we got rid of both them and communists after people realised corruption makes both those systems completely unusable.

Treblaine said:

No it fucking isn't. A lot of these morons would bash your head in you if you tried to leave.
Come on, it can't be that hard to just stay in and watch TV rather than go to a rally.

It's not like you have to go join the labour party, just not keep going to these events slowly at a time.

I doubt they will let you stay apathetic...they want (you) to get their ideas across afterall....think of it like for example a biker gang you do your part and you are fine, you just hang around and don't earn/do your part...you got a problem

dyre

Mar 30, 2011
ShadowsofHope said:
xHipaboo420x said:
RvLeshrac said:
I'm sure they're worried that the NEO-NAZIS who didn't get the message are upset at them. The one's who didn't get the message are as thick-headed, and intelligent, as rocks. I'm surprised most of the skinheads can make it outside in the morning without accidentally killing themselves on their breakfast cereals.
That's a stereotype. I'm not Neo-Nazi, but the right-wing extremists I have known are all intelligent, thoughtful people. Construe their politics as wrong all you want, but don't underestimate their mental capabilities. They are people too.
Extremists by nature are not intelligent, thoughtful people. People, yes. Intelligent and thoughtful? They wouldn't be extremists. Extremists are hotheaded, narrow-minded egotists that have fallen to propaganda and hate rhetoric (which feeds off their own unchecked hatreds, no less), 99% of the time.

OT: As I have just watched American History X, I have to say I am more than pleased to see this. Skinheads and other racists piss me off to no end, and they either need to be detained until they are rehabilitated, or simply detained so they cannot hurt racial minorities in society any longer, simply for being a racial minority.
There could be some intelligent ones who were just brought up in ignorant environments (I mean, someone's gotta be intelligent enough to organize them, right? And there sure were quite a few intelligent Nazis back in the day). They're probably not very thoughtful though, or at least close-minded.

Kagobin

Apr 21, 2011
triggrhappy94 said:
They still can't bring Daniel back.
Cookie for the referrence.
American History X, 1999 with Edward Norton. One of my favorite movies of all time.

NathLines

May 23, 2010
Haha! You have no idea how happy this makes me :D Why hasn't anyone ever done this before(with any kind of message).

Also, WHY THE FUCK DIDN'T ANYONE TELL ME THAT YOU CAN PRESS THE BADGE FOR THE >RED BUTTON< Nooooooooo~

Treblaine

Jul 25, 2008
RivFader86 said:
Treblaine said:
HerbertTheHamster said:

Treblaine said:

I doubt they will let you stay apathetic...they want (you) to get their ideas across afterall....think of it like for example a biker gang you do your part and you are fine, you just hang around and don't earn/do your part...you got a problem
I really don't think the neo nazis are going to care if some bit player just starts showing up less and less and spends most of his free time on call of duty.

Maybe its just I've dropped out of so many organisations in my life without them noticing I was gone that it seems easy to me.

Treblaine

Jul 25, 2008
Dusty Fred said:
Not the best example.

There are many examples in the Waffen SS of absolutely viscous cunning that at least within a military context showed high intelligence.

Extraordinary intelligence even in when they lost the war many were able to evade justice and even get work in the new administration.

But they were kinda stupid in their blind loyalty of Hitler and his ridiculously attempts to invade the world and his pathetic scape-goating of anyone who didn't fit same vague racial categorisation of Germanness. That's the sight of a weak and desperate intellect.

The communist zealots, as cruel and heartless as they were they seemed to have hyper-logical motivations and approaches. They didn't scapegoat a few races, the feared the entire human race as so dangerous and their human traits of irrational desires and motivations. They thought their rational society could control everyone, but it all collapsed in the end as the convolutions became uncontrollable.

Keanotix

Jan 13, 2010
Yes, the Nazis WERE a legitimate political party in germany. Its really when they tried to reshape the world into a 'pure' race filled with nothing but big blonde blue-eyed men that people stood up and said 'Hey, wait a minute'.
Having an opinion isnt wrong, its when you try to force the opinion onto someone who clearly isnt interested (by beating it into them) that makes you the wrong in the situation.

This gag is fantastic, they are demonstrating that you can make a point or opinion without the use of violence or pure hate for hate's sake. How do you respond to that other than "Well played, you win this round"?

Oh yeah Treblaine, the problem isnt even just the others bashing you in, the problem leaving is that, typically, these people grew up believing this stuff to be gospel. It would be like you being a catholic, say, and everyone trying to tell you god doesnt exist and its all wrong. Would you just abandon all you were taught or had learned?

Most importantly would you WANT to?

Thats what these t-shirts are trying to do, humbly suggesting there's always other options....

WouldYouKindly

Apr 17, 2011
cursedseishi said:
Great... now I'm going to go and wash all of my shirts and T-shirts that I have and ever bought and will buy, JUST in case someone is trying to message me secretly...
... you never washed them before?

ShadowsofHope

Outsider
Nov 1, 2009
xHipaboo420x said:
ShadowsofHope said:
They may be unfair to you, but 99% of all extremists have yet to prove any of my words wrong on the topic. And when they seem to be rational and intelligent about their ideals, it is usually more or less whipped up in a clever attempt to get you to see the "rationality" behind their ideals through the same methods that they themselves were subject to when they started reading/listening to extremist propaganda. They have been used and indoctrinated, simple as that.

Though I do wonder, provide me an example of an argument from a right-wing extremist you have met (so you claim) that apparently has some measure of intelligent and rational though, Hm? Can you do that for me?
You've missed at least two points here.

I never said that their right-wing views were reasonable, I said that they were as people. They're not my friends and they never will be, they are reactionary and ridiculous. You guys would probably get along.
Nice ad hominem there, did you come up with it all by yourself? Also, I said they were people as well. Only, being a person means little if you are an utter shit-stain for a person towards others and society in general.

I do believe this conversation won't get anywhere from here.

I-Protest-I said:
ShadowsofHope said:
xHipaboo420x said:
RvLeshrac said:
I'm sure they're worried that the NEO-NAZIS who didn't get the message are upset at them. The one's who didn't get the message are as thick-headed, and intelligent, as rocks. I'm surprised most of the skinheads can make it outside in the morning without accidentally killing themselves on their breakfast cereals.
That's a stereotype. I'm not Neo-Nazi, but the right-wing extremists I have known are all intelligent, thoughtful people. Construe their politics as wrong all you want, but don't underestimate their mental capabilities. They are people too.
Extremists by nature are not intelligent, thoughtful people. People, yes. Intelligent and thoughtful? They wouldn't be extremists. Extremists are hotheaded, narrow-minded egotists that have fallen to propaganda and hate rhetoric (which feeds off their own unchecked hatreds, no less), 99% of the time.

OT: As I have just watched American History X, I have to say I am more than pleased to see this. Skinheads and other racists piss me off to no end, and they either need to be detained until they are rehabilitated, or simply detained so they cannot hurt racial minorities in society any longer, simply for being a racial minority.
I facepalm'd at your extremism
If extremism means putting criminals away until they rehabilitated, or simply to keep them from exacting their extremist hatreds towards people they are bigoted of, then you see correctly. I don't talk about skinheads that just keep to their own little groups and only throw off an insult or two at a passing ethnic group here and there, I mean the one's that are simply brute thugs that have a Nazi/White Supremacy fetish, and believe themselves justified when they cause vandalism or murder those they target with their bigotry.

ShadowsofHope

Outsider
Nov 1, 2009
dyre said:
ShadowsofHope said:
xHipaboo420x said:
RvLeshrac said:

There could be some intelligent ones who were just brought up in ignorant environments (I mean, someone's gotta be intelligent enough to organize them, right? And there sure were quite a few intelligent Nazis back in the day). They're probably not very thoughtful though, or at least close-minded.
They can be intelligent, yes. Though the standard skinhead views are not. That is what I refer to. They could be the most brilliant scientist in the world, and yet if they berated every Jew, gay man/woman and liberal to ever step foot within their lab/office while showing off Nazi paraphernalia with pride in their expression, then I would most definitely regard them as a rather stupid and ignorant individual, regardless of their status.

xHipaboo420x

Apr 22, 2009
ShadowsofHope said:
Nice ad hominem there, did you come up with it all by yourself? Also, I said they were people as well. Only, being a person means little if you are an utter shit-stain for a person towards others and society in general.

Oh God I certainly hope so, this is getting pretty tiresome.

So you called them people. Well done, you can identify things. Being a person means everything if you are an utter shit-stain, insofar as it means you propagate ridiculous beliefs on a conscious level.

I can't believe we're having this argument; you've basically agreed with me a few times but seem utterly hung up on getting the last word / seeming right to the internet / quoting a lot of people for no apparent reason.

And yes I ~did~ come up with all myself. Are you proud? Also it only counts as ad hominem when it's a fallacy. If I'm convinced I'm right, does it count as a logical fallacy?

no it doesn't

I-Protest-I

Nov 7, 2009
ShadowsofHope said:
xHipaboo420x said:
ShadowsofHope said:
They may be unfair to you, but 99% of all extremists have yet to prove any of my words wrong on the topic. And when they seem to be rational and intelligent about their ideals, it is usually more or less whipped up in a clever attempt to get you to see the "rationality" behind their ideals through the same methods that they themselves were subject to when they started reading/listening to extremist propaganda. They have been used and indoctrinated, simple as that.

Though I do wonder, provide me an example of an argument from a right-wing extremist you have met (so you claim) that apparently has some measure of intelligent and rational though, Hm? Can you do that for me?
You've missed at least two points here.

I never said that their right-wing views were reasonable, I said that they were as people. They're not my friends and they never will be, they are reactionary and ridiculous. You guys would probably get along.

I-Protest-I said:
ShadowsofHope said:
xHipaboo420x said:
RvLeshrac said:

I facepalm'd at your extremism
If extremism means putting criminals away until they rehabilitated, or simply to keep them from exacting their extremist hatreds towards people they are bigoted of, then you see correctly. I don't talk about skinheads that just keep to their own little groups and only throw off an insult or two at a passing ethnic group here and there, I mean the one's that are simply brute thugs that have a Nazi/White Supremacy fetish, and believe themselves justified when they cause vandalism or murder those they target with their bigotry.
I know some skinheads, not good friends with but I have talked to them on several occasions and they aren't racist and they're fairly intelligent. Seems more like a social thing to them, especially since a couple are black and one is of indian background. Just try not to be so extreme (though this is England I'm talking about.)

Squarez

Apr 17, 2009
manythings said:
Squarez said:
manythings said:
Dusty Fred said:
Then Stalin killed him and photoshopped him out of existence. Also blah blah blah off-topic rant about communism
Fix'd for historical accuracy.
I was pointing out that "smart people" can think stupid things are true.
Well, shit.

Now I look like a moron.

The internet really needs a sarcasm or irony symbol...

]DustArma[

Mar 11, 2011
Hai guis-wait, did I accidentally stumble into the Religion and Politics board again?

*checks board*

Nope, it's The News Room, and if my reading comprehension isn't failing me the news had nothing to do with extremists being intelligent or not, could we PLEASE drop this?

OP: That is grade-A trolling right there.

juy56

Mar 1, 2011
Youve been trolled
youve been trolled
you have probably been told
"don't reply to this guy, he is just getting a rise
out of you," yes its true
you respond and thats his cue
to start trouble on the double
while he strokes his manly stubble.
Youve been trolled
youve been trolled
you should probably just fold
when the only winning move is not to play!
And yet you keep on trying, mindlessly replying,
youve been trolled, youve been trolled, have a nice day!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSXxB_FxLbQ

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
Treblaine said:
When you account for peer pressure, environment situation, fear of threat of force, and other factors that go on in any group, it is not as easy to just up and leave as you think. Keep in mind the Neo-Nazi organization promotes terrorism and other violence in order to achieve their goals. Anybody who leaves would be considered a traitor and most likely will have a bullseye on their forehead. There is also the case of the friends and family you may have in the group that you would not want to leave behind, but would be even more reluctant to leave with you.
I envy your rose colored view of the world, but it is sadly not so in reality.

BrownGaijin

Jan 31, 2009
And this dear children, is what we call a "neat hack"

<a href=http://www.catb.org/jargon/html/N/neat-hack.html>From the jargon files
neat hack: n.
[very common]

1. A clever technique.

2. A brilliant practical joke, where neatness is correlated with cleverness, harmlessness, and surprise value. Example: the Caltech Rose Bowl card display switch (see Appendix A for discussion). See also hack.
Viva la <a href=http://www.catb.org/jargon/html/N/neat-hack.html>Jargon Files!