Parents call cops, worried their son forgot to take his medicine. Cops shoot him to death.

Devil's Due

Sep 27, 2008
evilthecat said:
Marik2 said:
[HEADING=1] EVERY OTHER COUNTRY EXCEPT AMERICA IS A UTOPIA FREE FROM STUPID LAWS AND STUPID PEOPLE [/HEADING]
Hey, at least the stupid people enforcing the stupid laws don't (usually) carry guns. That's good enough for me.

Yes, because stopping someone with in a car with their windshields up that are tested to absorb impacts for the driver's protection is totally going to be possible with a single tazer. Before they run you over with that car in a suicidal rage. Brilliant. (In case it was too well concealed for you to notice, it was sarcasm.)
Frozen Donkey Wheel2 said:
Krion_Vark said:
Death_Korps_Kommissar said:
[link]http://www.courthousenews.com/2011/03/21/35070.htm[/link]
I just.....
Fuck..... Just read the damn article you guys.
First off took place almost 2 years ago.
Second the guy was suicidal.
Third WTF is that site you gave
Here is 2 other articles:
http://www.deseretnews.com/article/705322062/Did-blood-sugar-lead-to-tragedy.html
http://www.deseretnews.com/article/705321660/Officer-kills-driver-in-chase.html
See, this is what always happens on the Escapist:
1. Someone posts an article about a horrible event, usually involving a senseless murder. It almost ALWAYS takes place in America.
2. People commence hating America.
3. Someone posts more information that puts the horrible event into perspective, causing it make a lot more sense.
4. People ignore it completely, continue hating America.

I really fucking hate this place sometimes.
I as well, this place is the standard for hypocritical stupidity sometimes, even when a year ago we had the title "last bastion of humanity on the internet." I agree with what one person earlier said:

"Moral of the story: People will believe anything on the internet."

Rayne870

Nov 28, 2010
He got off lucky, here they would have got 5 officers together to taze him until they fry his heart.

IAmWright777

Sep 25, 2009
bdcjacko said:
So am I the only one questioning the legitimacy of this "news report?"
Not in the least bit. It seemed off the first time I read it, but after reading the other articles provided by Krion Vark, I knew it was definitely off.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
At some point, you just give up.

There's no possible correct answer to the impossible ineptitude you just read. And you're left with nothing, except...

"lolwut"

And then you read articles from Krion_Vark and you start functioning again.

In all srsness: That's tragic. I had a longer rant conceptualized, but I don't think it's necessary.

GrimHeaper

Jun 1, 2010
Sober Thal said:
bdcjacko said:
Connor2224 said:
bdcjacko said:
Connor2224 said:
Krion_Vark said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Why does America give it's morons guns again?
Because if you actually do research into it like I did in my earlier post you will find out a lot more about it and that the Courthouse News Service is retarded and should not be read seriously.
sill english cops dont carry guns just tazers(unless they have been ordered to)and it works fine
Is a tazer going to work on someone trying to run you over?

10,000 volts yea that'd be enough to stop ya
I would like to see the a tazer that can shot through a standard windshield and still be non lethal.
Hehe, nah... (sarcasm incoming) the tazer stops the guy, the car, AND puts the car in park before anyone else can get hurt... duh : p It also turns lead into gold AND cures world hunger.

Sorry for being a smart ass, but I couldn't help myself.

>.> Don't know if it could go through a windshield, but I guess we could manage something in the future that can without being deadly.

SuperVegas

Nov 20, 2009
Spot1990 said:
similar.squirrel said:
Law enforcement seems to have been taking their pointers from The Shining. Medicine indeed.. My thoughts go out to his family =/.

The whole police situation in America seems highly absurd; almost like a Western film.
A family acquaintance occasionally flies over to the States to drive around, and he was pulled over once. Now, in Europe it is customary [even polite] to exit your vehicle when this happens. So, this guy stopped and got out, only to have the cop almost pull a firearm on him.
Go figure.
Souds reasonable to me. Almost got a gun pulled on him? Yeah, in America cops are used to pulling over people and then the person sits in the car. You don't assume someone is a threat after the threat has been made.

If you wait to see if the other person has a gun chances are you'll find out by being shot. Sounds to me when the cop realised your friend wasn't a threat he didn't pull his gun. Don't really see what your problem is.
Yeah here in Aus we wait in the car, i figure getting out would be considered an act of hostility and i would get tazerd/gun drawn. So mark me down for 'that seems reasonable'

Its pretty funny going through this thread, because its like, a case study in forum-o-logy.
You have the people piping in, and posting "THATS FUCKING AWFUL! Blah blah blah" because they couldn't be fucked reading 4 pages of people posting the same knee jerk post that they are...

As a long time forum lurker, i never understood why your number of posts was glorified
it just generates pages and pages of the same crap.

Jake0fTrades

Jun 5, 2008
Running him off the road into a concrete barrier was bit wacky, but it sounds like the other two cops didn't mean to hurt him, it was just this Jones character that is freakin' stupid.

RedEyesBlackGamer

The Killjoy Detective returns!
Jan 23, 2011
Buchholz101 said:
Running him off the road into a concrete barrier was bit wacky, but it sounds like the other two cops didn't mean to hurt him, it was just this Jones character that is freakin' stupid.
Stupid? The guy tried to run him over. So he fired.

Veli

Mar 23, 2011
brandon237 said:
At least shoot somewhere where you know they could survive,
Yeaaahhhh...

There is no place on a person's body where you could shoot them without risking serious injury or death.

If you're going to shoot at a person, you'd damn well better be prepared for the possibility (or rather, liklihood) that they will die.

Jamboxdotcom

Nov 3, 2010
Krion_Vark said:
already stated by the few people rational enough to question what they read in an unknown tabloid, but thanks for posting that. i just wish more people would question what they read instead of taking it at face value.

Berethond

Nov 8, 2008
similar.squirrel said:
Law enforcement seems to have been taking their pointers from The Shining. Medicine indeed.. My thoughts go out to his family =/.

The whole police situation in America seems highly absurd; almost like a Western film.
A family acquaintance occasionally flies over to the States to drive around, and he was pulled over once. Now, in Europe it is customary [even polite] to exit your vehicle when this happens. So, this guy stopped and got out, only to have the cop almost pull a firearm on him.
Go figure.
That's because it is law in America that if a police officer pulls you over, you sit inside with your hands on the steering wheel.

Feralbreed

May 20, 2009
So according to the story, he just walked up to him.. and shot him. I.. don't- I need to see a video of this, I just can't believe it otherwise.