[Politics] Nazis Attack LGBT Pride Parade

TheIronRuler

Mar 18, 2011
undeadsuitor said:
TheIronRuler said:
Saelune doesn't seem to want to engage in a discussion with the purpose of challenging their opinions. .
Here's a secret. The alt right? Nazis? Etc? They thrive off people "challenging" their opinions in open debate. Why? Because facts and logic doesn't apply to their ideals, so it's impossible for them to "lose".

You show me a video of an alt right dude getting fucking wrecked in a debate and I'll show you the same video spread around subreddits and chan boards of that same man "owning the lefties". Any publicity is good publicity for them, and its monumentally better to just not give them a platform.
I've written in a previous post, one of the first I responded with to criticism over my appeal to reason. I said that if you silence the opposition you lose the ability to follow their moves and push them further to the edge. You wouldn't make it stop - you'd only make it harder to join - but if you make it illegal, you make it more radical and exciting to join as well.

This is the problem you have with me - I ask for dialogue. You're not the only person that has this problem with me. I've been to /pol/ last week for the first time partly because of your remarks. I wanted to check it out and see it for myself. If I wasn't one of their greatest enemies I would have been sucked in because it's fascinating. I realized how deluded these guys are... It made me check some of their memes, and a whole new world of conspiracies opened up for me. It was like I was a kid in a candy-shop, and every candy was a lollipop with a razor in it. I tried to take them seriously - because so many people do - and I couldn't. My take on it - they're deeply entrenched in their dream-world, and there's little you can do to pull them back if you debate them on the internet. The solution? Ah. Here is my solution. Do not push them outside of the law. Address the issues that some of these people are facing - hardships that plagued regions in America which the media and government forget to acknowledge... Drugs, unemployment, neglect... People who voted for Trump because they were in a bad spot economically and wanted to change that.

I do not think that people who voted for Trump voted for him because they were racists or bigots or whatever.

Saelune just likes to activate Godwin's law like it's a stand.

Here's the original post if you care to read it.

TheIronRuler said:
Call up the boys, resurrect the Black Panthers and use your god-given right to carry firearms and scare the crap out of white people.

Legally owned and licensed firearms, held by organized law-keeping black citizens for the safety of their communities.

Police wouldn't risk starting a riot, they'd rather protect the nazis from getting lynched.

Y'know when Nazis marched in New York in the 30s Lansky was asked low-key by the US government to crash their rallies and beat them to pieces...

https://allthatsinteresting.com/meyer-lansky-punch-a-nazi

He delivered.

This shouldn't be made illegal by any means. Let this surface, identify the ring-leaders and plan retribution. If you allow this to bubble under your feet you will lose track of the movement.

I regularly play devil's advocate here when "white nationalists" (as if that's a thing, bitter poor whites turning to populism for salvation) gets conflated with nazis. It's more productive to have a dialogue with these people and understand why they are lashing out (hint: It's opium, mechanization and globalization), and maybe even address these issues... These nazis? Break them.

Eacaraxe_v1legacy

Mar 28, 2010
Folks, here's a crazy idea. Let's not argue or talk shit about people while they're suspended and cannot speak for themselves.

Were you suspended, would you like people talking about you during your suspension? If not, don't do it. I'm not trying to backseat mod here, just exercise some damn common decency, would you?

Dreiko_v1legacy

Aug 28, 2008
Well, they were doing that to that guy who was banned a few days ago so it's only fair in my book to have it done to them when suspended. As long as you never say anything worth suspending you over I don't think it's a concern XD.

Kwak

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2014
Country
TheIronRuler said:
Can you appeal to Godwin's Law in a thread about actual, literal, real-live actual Nazis?

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
SolidState said:
Marik2 said:
lol, lunatic got banned. im gonna miss his gay furry alt right shenanigans.
Without making commentary on how he got banned, I will just say that that's yet another very highly tenured and high post-count account that has been banned.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I haven't noticed any actual new people joining in a very very long time. Say what you will of the ban, but all that's happened here is our small community has just gotten even smaller.
At this point it's just about being the last account standing.

Apr 17, 2009
Kwak said:
TheIronRuler said:
Can you appeal to Godwin's Law in a thread about actual, literal, real-live actual Nazis?
People seem to forget in their hurry to call it out, but Godwin's Law is not about just mentioning Nazis, its about comparisons to Nazis. To properly invoke Godwin's Law someone has to say something like "Oh yeah well you do this thing that Hitler did therefore you're like Hitler!"
That's why you're considered to have lost the argument if you fall into the trap; because you're not actually using logic, you're making a very basic appeal to emotion with no backing. You're resorting to mad troll logic because you've run out of actual arguments to use.
So no, you can't really bring Godwin's Law in when the topic is itself about actual Nazis, because the comparisons are right there

Lil devils x_v1legacy

More Lego Goats Please!
May 17, 2011
TheIronRuler said:
Palindromemordnilap said:
Kwak said:
TheIronRuler said:
People seem to forget in their hurry to call it out, but Godwin's Law is not about just mentioning Nazis, its about comparisons to Nazis. To properly invoke Godwin's Law someone has to say something like "Oh yeah well you do this thing that Hitler did therefore you're like Hitler!"
That's why you're considered to have lost the argument if you fall into the trap; because you're not actually using logic, you're making a very basic appeal to emotion with no backing. You're resorting to mad troll logic because you've run out of actual arguments to use.
So no, you can't really bring Godwin's Law in when the topic is itself about actual Nazis, because the comparisons are right there
They are not the same, and bringing up Nazi Germany is a clear indication you have no arguments. Cleutus and Billy are not the same as Hermann and Hans, they are not responsible for what happened all those years ago and you can't expect them to act exactly like them. You're forfeiting an actual argument for crying out "Hitler" and treating these people are some kind of inhuman monsters.
Kwak said:
TheIronRuler said:
They idolize the Nazis from the past, they are not Nazis themselves, they're "new-Nazis". They are not responsible for what had happened in the past - they wish to bring it back, and do it again. Argue against them based on this - their beliefs, their actions - not based on "But look at how dialogue helped with Hitler in 193-whatever".
Doesn't that make them WORSE than the original Nazis because they now have all of the information about all of the horrific atrocities that they committed and they want to repeat it and do it themselves, not be forced into it as many of the original people involved? I see the glorification of the horrific crimes committed and the people WANTING to do it themselves as being even more evil because they have the hindsight and ability to see it for what it was. They are jealous they were not there to participate. Their actions are actually far worse now because they have been taught how horrific this was and want to be willing participants rather than being forced to do so at gunpoint. The people prior to WW2 were suffering through the great depression and were desperate and suffering far worse than any of these coddled, entitled, racist assholes we are dealing with in our time now. I think you are giving the people we are dealing with now entirely too much credit. Yes, I do believe people can change, but we also have to be realistic about who we are dealing with and their actual words and actions they are taking now. every single one of these men were taught about the atrocities of ww2 in school here. They understand what happened and want to do those things to people in this time as well and that cannot be brushed aside and their sadism excused. They do not deserve your willingness to give them the benefit of the doubt, that should be reserved for those who would not take pleasure in harming you and your family.

I also disagree that many of those who support Trump are not racists, I know many of them are, and that was the reason they supported Trump over other candidates in the Primaries. Trump represented gluttony, not one who was going to help the poor and middle class. He has never been one to help the poor and middle class and in his books prior to running for President he admittedly targeted those struggling rather than helped them as part of his business plan. Everything he has done in his life prior to running for president was against and harmful to the poor and middle class, not helping them so they have no reason to think he would help them. You would have to be some kind of gullible to believe eh was doing anything for those struggling so I have difficulty thinking that people are really that stupid. Instead, they likely valued their racism over those coming to the table with actual plans to help them, that was why they voted against their own self interest.

Apr 17, 2009
TheIronRuler said:
Palindromemordnilap said:
Kwak said:
TheIronRuler said:
They are not the same, and bringing up Nazi Germany is a clear indication you have no arguments. Cleutus and Billy are not the same as Hermann and Hans, they are not responsible for what happened all those years ago and you can't expect them to act exactly like them. You're forfeiting an actual argument for crying out "Hitler" and treating these people are some kind of inhuman monsters.
A) I never actually labelled anyone as a Nazi. I clarified the involvement of Godwin's Law when Nazi's are involved, but nowhere did I "cry Hitler" as you put it. So your accusations are somewhat unfounded here my dude

B) If you do want to get in to specifics though, this particular topic that we are posting in is about people going around wearing Nazi armbands, throwing Nazi salutes, promoting the Nazi cause and naming themselves after the Nazis. So I'm pretty sure that, yes, we are in fact dealing with actual Nazis. Doesn't take a detective to figure that out

Eacaraxe_v1legacy

Mar 28, 2010
Dreiko said:
Well, they were doing that to that guy who was banned a few days ago so it's only fair in my book to have it done to them when suspended. As long as you never say anything worth suspending you over I don't think it's a concern XD.
Not asking what others did or didn't do. Asking if you would like to be treated that way; if not, don't do it. That's how the golden rule works, pay attention to it. Eye for an eye makes the whole world blind and all that.

Lil devils x_v1legacy

More Lego Goats Please!
May 17, 2011
trunkage said:
You know what I find funny. That we are waiting for Nazis to kill someone to then do something about them.

No one knew about the holocaust until pretty much after WW2 was over. They thought it was a similar situation to WW1, that Nazi Germany wasn't really being bad guys like we see them today. Not many in German army knew either.

American went to fight in Europe over a much less threshold than Holocaust. Yet, that seems to be the bar for today. Could we have a lower bar than genocide for dealing with hate groups?

Also, it funny how that people predicted this if Trump got in... oh the lulz
Or how about when people tried to tell me I was exaggerating on what Trump would do in office and how there was No way people would just allow him to do these things even though I told them he would just fire whoever didn't do what he told them to do and replace them with someone who would... Now that he has been getting rid of anyone who would stop him from doing whatever he wants and has an attorney General willing to break the law to defend him at all costs, how exactly do they propose stopping him when they can't even get the justice department to arrest him if found guilty or impeached? Barr, who is in contempt himself, is in charge of the justice department so who exactly is going to remove him from office when he has already fired everyone that would uphold the law?

I REALLY wanted to be wrong about him tbh, the fact that Trump is in charge of the Military and fired all his top generals to stop him from making a mess while he becomes more belligerent by the day is frightening to say the least.

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
TheIronRuler said:
Saelune doesn't seem to want to engage in a discussion with the purpose of challenging their opinions. .

Saelune has severe depression and snapped when donald won. It makes her have a very black and white morality.

Terminal Blue

Elite Member
Legacy
Feb 18, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
Leg End said:
Children conscripted to military service are not Nazis.
They probably were though.

The Nazis came to power in Germany in 1933. The defence of Berlin was in 1945. An entire generation of German children grew up under Nazi rule, constantly exposed to the propaganda and ideological control of a system which was designed in a calculated fashion to instil them with Nazi values. Eugenics (meaning Nazi racial theory) became a core part of the curriculum taught to children in school. Before Jewish children were banned from education in 1938, children were encouraged to humiliate and abuse Jewish classmates. Outside of class, membership of Nazi youth organizations became compulsory for all "Aryan" children in 1936. One of the explicit goals of youth organizations was to encourage loyalty to the state over traditional social bonds. Children were encouraged to denounce their teachers, family members and neighbours for ideological crimes. Many people of this generation have been fairly open about the effect this ideological indoctrination had on them.

Here are some more Nazi child soldiers. They are not conscripts. They are enlisted soldiers of the 12th SS Panzer Division "Hitlerjugend" (note their SS patches). The 12th division was formed before the normandy landings, with the majority of its enlisted soldiers being boys under 18, like these kids (although this photo was taken later). These were mostly willing combatants who enlisted themselves. They had been raised to be willing to fight for Nazi ideology, and so they did. Although the Volkssturm, the conscript army formed later which also employed many child soldiers, were conscripts, do not assume they were unwilling conscripts. They were children who had been raised within an ideological system which viewed fighting for the Nazi cause as the ultimate virtue.

Children are not pure innocent creatures whose natural goodness and innocence will win out against the ideological forces of tyranny. They are, in fact, incredibly vulnerable to ideological manipulation. Totalitarian regiemes have intentionally sought to used children as soldiers, torturers and informants precisely because they are so vulnerable to ideological manipulation.

Anyway, the point..

See, by fixating on the idea of the poor innocent child soldiers forced to fight against their will, you're actually dodging the meaningful question of rehabilitation. Many German children of this generation were successfully rehabilitated. Over time, they were able to process what had happened to them and to understand how they had been manipulated. Some, however, could not. Some were never able to square that the society they had grown up in and the way they had been taught to believe was wrong. The liberal idea that rehabilitation is always possible, that all people have some intuitive spark of goodness in them which will naturally come out if they're "educated" or "informed", is nonsense. Children can be Nazis, and some children who were Nazis will never stop being Nazis.

The children you were try to show were almost certainly committed, ideologically motivated Nazis. Even if they weren't, the fact remains that they were doing Nazism just as if they were. They were participating in a regime that murdered tens of millions of people, including children. Saelune's point, which is a valuable point I think, is that the possibility of rehabilitation doesn't absolve people of what they've done, what they've tolerated or what they would be willing to tolerate. It isn't hard to see those who have made their way into extremist ideologies as victims, we're naturally going to want to question how a "normal" person got there. Saelune's point is that it doesn't ultimately matter when you are the victim of those people.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
TheIronRuler said:
Silvanus said:
Leg End said:
The way I read this does not in any way involve enlistment in the military, but instead relates to the political sphere and thus, the German people as a whole.
This seems to directly refer to people that supported him during his rise to power.

And... yes, they held some measure of responsibility for what came after.
You shouldn't try to play attorney for Saelune.

Saelune said:
100% of Hitler's supporters are Nazis. Every soldier that fought for Nazi Germany was a Nazi, whether they joined the party or not, whether they 'agreed' with him or not, because in the end, they helped him commit his evil, they fought his war, they ousted their neighbors to the camps. Maybe they were 'just protecting their family' or 'defending their homeland', but at the cost of their very souls.
Saelune is like... the image I had when I was heavily invested in alt-right american media of the typical leftist... It surprised me they weren't all just hyperbolic nonsense. There are people that feel that the most important things in life are equality and the environment, and that all conservatives that supported Trump are racist bigots, etc. and to top it off, Saelune doesn't seem to want to engage in a discussion with the purpose of challenging their opinions.
Leg End said:
Silvanus said:
Hmm, I can see a lot of stuff about soldiers (with caveats about children being victims themselves). Nothing about "all citizens".
Part of the choice was not letting Hitler come to power. Hitler made no secret of his bigotry, his rise to power relied on it. He was supported BECAUSE he was bigoted.
The way I read this does not in any way involve enlistment in the military, but instead relates to the political sphere and thus, the German people as a whole.
It was about German soldiers under the Nazi regime. No doubt about it.
Abomination said:
McElroy said:
Silvanus said:
Leg End said:
So we'll just throw the manipulation and false flags and general fuckery in the trash and say every German citizen was responsible. Great.
Nobody said or implied that.
Everyone who supported Nazis was responsible and anyone who didn't do everything they could against it chose to effectively support it too. Heavily implied.
More so in regard to conscription, if you did not resist conscription (i.e. submit to execution) then you are just as bad as those who were forcing the conscription upon you.

I believe the words were that if anyone fought for Nazi Germany then they were as bad as the Nazis, despite them not knowing exactly what crimes the Nazi regime was guilty of. According to most they were just an occupying force.
Agreed, with one caveat. Many regular Germans knew about what the SS units were doing in the east. The undesirables weren't deported to a different land... they were deported to the sky, in the form of ash.
Silvanus hates bullshit, and bullshit is what was being delivered.

Also thanks for proving me right about you. Your views on 'typical leftists' and your embracing of right-wing views. I was right about you just as I am right about so many other things. Thanks for erasing any doubt I had.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Leg End said:
Silvanus said:
Hmm, I can see a lot of stuff about soldiers (with caveats about children being victims themselves). Nothing about "all citizens".
Part of the choice was not letting Hitler come to power. Hitler made no secret of his bigotry, his rise to power relied on it. He was supported BECAUSE he was bigoted.
Ofcourse the way you read it would do that. But if you read what I said, then you wouldn't be able to argue.

Saelune said:
100% of Hitler's supporters are Nazis. Every soldier that fought for Nazi Germany was a Nazi, whether they joined the party or not, whether they 'agreed' with him or not, because in the end, they helped him commit his evil, they fought his war, they ousted their neighbors to the camps. Maybe they were 'just protecting their family' or 'defending their homeland', but at the cost of their very souls.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Dreiko said:
I would love to be 100% honest. I just get in trouble when I do that. I assure you, everything I said about The Lunatic I would love to have said to them directly.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
TheIronRuler said:
The topic is literally about Nazis. Godwin's law is not even a fallacy, it is simply a theorized observation.

[tweet t=https://twitter.com/sfmnemonic/status/896884949634232320] Godwin on the Charlottesville Nazi parade.

Godwin's law is not that comparing people to Nazis is bad or wrong, only that it is a common conclusion to many arguments on the internet, even if the starting topic is irrelevant to Nazis.

Avnger

Trash Goblin
Legacy
Apr 1, 2016
Country
United States
Saelune said:
Godwin's law is not that comparing people to Nazis is bad or wrong, only that it is a common conclusion to many arguments on the internet, even if the starting topic is irrelevant to Nazis.
That's because up until circa 2016, we could all reasonably agree that fucking Nazis were the epitome of "bad guys." Nowadays, it's to the point where you actually see "But not all Nazis!" comments being posted in genuine seriousness....

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Avnger said:
Saelune said:
That's because up until circa 2016, we could all reasonably agree that fucking Nazis were the epitome of "bad guys." Nowadays, it's to the point where you actually see "But not all Nazis!" comments being posted in genuine seriousness....
Saying 'punching Nazis is ok' is treated as worse than saying 'kill all jews/blacks'.

Jarrito3002

Elite Member
Jun 28, 2016
Country
United States
This should be open and shut no room maybes just full on nazi's being assclowns at a gay pride parade. Open and shut they can go fuck themselves. Also not the throw salt on the wound but Lunatic dropped all pretenses of trolling a while ago or only so many times you can say "free speech" and gaslight a discussion in the worst faith imaginable.