Poll: After today's big reveal, are you getting a Wii U?

GrimHeaper

Jun 1, 2010
drisky said:
Sony is going to need to play it better for it to work, they got super cocky with it. They said they want it to last so I order for that to happen its going to need a price drop, a memory card price drop, Fixing the PSN on it, and putting ps2 games on psn. All of that would be a big help, it could get more people to buy the system which would have more developers support it. They could even push for ports of WiiU games, the Vita can do everything the WiiU game pad can. I'm not taking a leap of faith for it yet, but I really like the Vita and I have been pulling for its success.
Most of those ps2 games won't happen to many broken contracts due to it being, well old.
Sony doesn't have the money to do anything you have suggested at this time.
It's why the memory cards are so expensive and the vita without a memory card is selling at a huge loss at 250$ to begin with. Like the ps3 which was more around the 1000$ mark instead of the 600$ mark they gave. Not quite as bad, but bad enough. Before you say Sony has more money and all that it doesn't matter. A profit is the only thing that matters or a company will collapse in some way. Go the way of THQ.
Nazulu said:
Will you quit it! Just because some people doesn't like most of the games doesn't mean it's them just being ignorant. You're doing the same thing as before, just pissing people off. How about actually recommending games instead, you may actually make friends.
Okay let me put it this way you would have to be the most plain boring person ever to only find one game.
And no I won't that isn't what he wants and if I did it for him it would defeat the point of me giving it to him.
People appreciate things more when they find it themselves and if they don't bother they didn't want to know.
They'll just go herp derr only 1 game when they haven't even actually looked or given things a chance.

Seracen

Sep 20, 2009
Mr.Mattress said:
Seracen said:
Personally, I prefer a controller that feels comfortable, one that DOESN'T cause me physical pain. Honestly, it's unwieldy. I wish Nintendo well, but as I said, it's not my personal preference. No offense is intended, and I wish you well, but please refrain from throwing the "close-minded" epithet at me.
Well, this might just be me, but the WiiU controller is actually one of the nicest controllers I've ever held. It doesn't feel undweildy at all, it's very light weight, it fits the hands very nicely, and I have had no pain with it. Maybe it's just me, but I haven't heard any complaints from people who've actually held and played with it.
Ah, well, I'm glad it works for you. It's a holdover from tablet gaming in general, my wrists hurt whenever I use the Wii-U as well. Luckily, guitar playing doesn't hurt, or I'd fear carpal tunnel. The only other controller that screwed with my hands as much were N64 and the old XBOX hamburger...ah the hamburger...now I'm getting hungry... :p

Tanakh

Jul 8, 2011
GrimHeaper said:
Okay let me put it this way you would have to be the most plain boring person ever to only find one game.
And no I won't that isn't what he wants and if I did it for him it would defeat the point of me giving it to him.
People appreciate things more when they find it themselves and if they don't bother they didn't want to know.
They'll just go herp derr only 1 game when they haven't even actually looked or given things a chance.
And here I tought Nazulu was bieng rude, but nup, you are indeed very unplesant, at least your ego seems to be big enough to compensate :D

As for me, I will never buy a WiiU for myself because I just find all their games not worth getting out of my way to play them. Sure, I'll play it at some point at a friend's party or something and they have some well crafted stuff like Rayman, but for me most is so bland I would never play it on my own.

Revnak_v1legacy

Fixed by "Monday"
Mar 28, 2010
There is a Fire Emblem game. That series is the biggest system seller in the world for me. Everything else is just icing on the cake. I will however wait until SMT X Fire Emblem comes out though, in case there's a special edition like the Awakening 3DS.

GrimHeaper

Jun 1, 2010
Tanakh said:
GrimHeaper said:
And here I tought Nazulu was bieng rude, but nup, you are indeed very unplesant, at least your ego seems to be big enough to compensate :D

As for me, I will never buy a WiiU for myself because I just find all their games not worth getting out of my way to play them. Sure, I'll play it at some point at a friend's party or something and they have some well crafted stuff like Rayman, but for me most is so bland I would never play it on my own.
One has to have a big ego in this world or be crushed by the sheep.
Now there is one thing that would help more than anything and that would be the people, posting the kind of games they like the most(ones not on the wii U obviously) when they say it only has 1 game or no games of interest for them.

Revnak_v1legacy

Fixed by "Monday"
Mar 28, 2010
GrimHeaper said:
Tanakh said:
GrimHeaper said:

One has to have a big ego in this world or be crushed by the sheep.
Now there is one thing that would help more than anything and that would be the people, posting the kind of games they like the most(ones not on the wii U obviously) when they say it only has 1 game or no games of interest for them.
Could you please not go about calling people who hate Ningendo sheep? It makes it a bit hypocritical when people that like Nintendo mock such haters for using the term. That and it really is a terribly boring insult at this point. "Oh, I do and like things the majority of people do? How terrible of me!"

KoudelkaMorgan

Jul 31, 2009
If they ever hang up the motion controls and errmahgerd screen in the controller gimmicks then sure I'll get one. Current;y I'm enjoying my same DS lite that I've had forever. I have a 3DSXL that also plays DS games beautifully but likes to crash all the damn time while playing Professor Layton.

When it starts crashing while playing Etrian Odyssey 4 I'll know that its one of the many, many, defective units sold outside Japan and try to return it.

As those are the only 2 games I wanted for it I think I'll be okay with that.

VoidWanderer

Sep 17, 2011
The only game that made me very intrigued in getting a Wii U is Lego City Undercover.

The ONLY game that WILL GUARANTEE a sale is if they make Pokemon Snap 2.

spartandude

Nov 24, 2009
why is there no "im not planning on buying right now but maybe when it goes down in price" option on the poll?

Eddie the head

Feb 22, 2012
GrimHeaper said:
Pulse said:
Bayonetta 2....why so exclusive?

Can't justify getting a whole console for one game (no matter how good it is).
Then perhaps you should actually look at the other games or expand your tastes some?
There can't just be 1 game.
Yes there can. That's an appeal to probability at best.

agent_orange420

Sep 30, 2011
F-Zero X HD. and then we'll talk ninty. Or a new F-Zero with no stupid added on weapons, drift to boost, boost to cause damage, cause every racing game HAS to be burnout, That would also be awesome.

Just make it pretty, blistering fast, and allow all maps available for all F-Zeor's ever, then i might by one.

Never understood why Ninty never released all the tracks for every Mario kart as DLC or as an add on . It would be a license to print money.

Feb 9, 2011
ResonanceSD said:
What big reveal? It's the same lineup of remakes, reboots, rehashes and ressurections as it always is. Nintendo are not even pretending to innovate anymore.
*Sigh*....yeah. Nothing here will get me to buy another system from Nintendo.

I miss wanting to buy things from them. :/

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Mostly yes as there are now some more decent games to the WiiU rouster (Xenoblade Chronicle 2, Bayonetta, LoZ: WW HD, Monster Hunter Tri Ultimate and Wonderful 101).
Granted I will not buy one right now, maybe nearer to the release dates to those game, hopefully the newest WiiU model would already have the updates in it.
On the other hand I may wait another longer since while it does got some good upcoming games now but will it be persistent? That their mistake with the Wii, they releae a bunch of good game in a coupld of months but then nothing for the rest of the months other than casuel games.

Winnosh

Sep 23, 2010
Now that I have a good PC and a job allowing me to update it regularly I have little to no reason to pick up the next Mircosoft or Sony systems so make mine Wii U the lineup looks incredible so far and the system's only been out two months.

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
Nazulu said:
I wish I could just write so much as easily. I'll try to keep up.

There was quite a few issues people encountered with the Wii but I think I've gone into that enough. You get where I'm coming from. Yeah, there are many that are dismissive and not as forgiving that spouted much ignorance of every thing they damned, but there were a lot of changes and many of those just couldn't find any thing that interested them. It's just not the same as the Nintendo before I guess (though I think the lack of 3rd party support shouldn't all be blamed on Nintendo), including those aggresive at Nintendo because some of the games they released were shallow like the New Super Mario Brothers Wii, and the Super Mario anniversary collection many complained about as well. I can't even remember what the complaints were but I did agree with some of them.

When a business starts making mistakes people just don't find them as reliable. It's happened with both the Xbox and Playstation of course, just incase you think I'm only having a go at the Wi. I'm still just explaining where I believe a lot of the anger comes from. Remember when some hackers stole all the user passwords on Playstation online? That really screwed them over.

As for Brawl, there were a lot of problems with both the game play and the over all design. I think most complaints came from the clunky movements and lack of combo's. I remember watching some Brawl tournament vids on Youtube and some matches took ages, with them beating themselves all the way to 300% just exchanging hits. I even noticed some of the stages actually killed them faster than themselves, and a lot of people got sick of getting stuck under the platforms in that cloud stage. Not to mention they had to stop using the super moves because how imbalanced they were. I feel that Brawl isn't a finished product, I reckon it had the potential to be one of the greatest games ever made which is unfortunate.

Other M made Samus look terrible with it's silly dialogue and story, and the game play and design wasn't much to be desired either. You pretty much nailed Mario Kart Wii on the head, they were the most common complaints about that game. I really hope the next Mario Kart will be similar to the DS version as well, it was the main reason I got the DS.

Yeah, that's probably most of it. Now it's time to move onto better things which I'm happy to say the Wii U looks like it can easily deliver. Can't wait to see the next titles honestly. The new Super Mario Bros Wii U is something I really want. I always found the Mario games reliable, he is a part of so many good games it's amazing.

I reckon it will only be a matter of time till Nintendo earns every ones trust again, the worst is already over from what I see.
It takes practice to just hurl out walls of text like this, university made me adept at it.

I do indeed understand where you are coming from and the lack of third party support was a big issue, particularly early on in the Wii's life cycle where it mostly got shit ports of PS2 games or random spin-offs (Sonic & The Secret Rings, for example), it did remain an issue but the 3rd party support improved mid-cycle, with games like Xenoblade Chronicles, Sonic Colours, Sin & Punishment, etc. New Super Mario Bros I don't really have a problem with, it's exactly what it should be and it delivers it well in a nicely presented package; it's 2D Mario platformer with a shitload of levels and a load of stuff to collect. The anniversary pack I actually got for Xmas and it's kind of a bitter point because it's a somewhat poor port of a SNES game, it was put out for £20, and it was a bit of a rip-off. The soundtrack CD was a pretty nice add-on but they could have been much nicer and included Super Mario World and Yoshi's Island, maybe even Mario 64 and increased the price a tiny bit if that did them so much work.

The hackers hitting the PlayStation Network really shook Sony up I think, it was around then that PS+ came in I think, as part of an initiative to bring people back to trusting Sony and it's worked rpetty well, for £40 a year you get a tonne of freebies and discounted stuff that usually adds up to well over £200 a year, a recent survey found out that 97% of users were satisfied with PS+ if I recall correctly. My biggest gripe with Sony is the treatment of EU PSN users, our store often gets products with months of delay, sometimes even years or just not at all. Retro City Rampage was delayed for months, we still haven't got Counter-Strike Global Offensive, and Castlevania:Symphony of the Night came over here 5 years after it did to the US store but got a nice price markup as well. But both Microsoft and Sony had pretty bad issues this gen between them, Microsofts big issues being the hardware problems, aswell as the issues with Live being full of advertising and the frequency with which they overhauled their UI completely.

Yeah I can see those issues with Brawl, matches can go on forever and the super moves just weren't well balanced, a few of them are rather weak but then there's ones like Sonic's, which is basically everybody on screen dying for 10 seconds. I did enjoy brawl as I said but it does have issues, lack of combos wasn't a big deal for me, I liked how easy it was to dive into brawl and get on with it, and I liked just how much content was there, but it maybe could have done with a few months longer in development to polish it up.

I can't comment on Other M, as I said, I'm yet to experience it. Mario Kart Wii is a truly infuriating thing, item spam, it's slow, characters I like are missing, unlocking things is glacial and not very challenging, and bikes and their wheelie boost broke the game. I heavily recommend checking out Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed if you want a great kart racer where everything except time-trials can be done in split-screen with 4 players. One of the best multiplayer games I've played in years and it's great solo too, my review should be lurking the review forum somewhere but if it's vanished it's on woolhatgaming.tumblr.com, it's a must have if you ask me.

Yeah, I think Nintendo are on a much better track and people will start to see that they're back on top form, which is somewhere they haven't really been since the SNES. I'm really looking forward to see what the Wii U can do with a 3D Mario title, and I'm definitely looking forward to the next 3D Sonic title on there after Sega's recent efforts.

It's started strong and with continued support and third parties throwing in their lot it can only get better.

Pulse

Nov 16, 2012
Shadow-Phoenix said:
Halo,Killzone,Gears and god of war why so exclusive?.

Really I just wish the people who click no on this poll and then proceed to shit on the U would just go spend their time doing something a little more positive and more productive.

Then again I feel if it gets worse on here for Nintendo hate I'll just go shit on the PS4 and 720 threads because an eye for an eye makes everyone blind.
GrimHeaper said:
GrimHeaper said:
Then perhaps you should actually look at the other games or expand your tastes some?
There can't just be 1 game.
I'm amazed how much resistance there is over this. Imagine if someone wanted to play the unfinished swan and journey, but didn't have a playstation. Or trials evolution but didn't have an xbox.

I did look at the other games. Out of that list, there is only one game I want, and I'm not into mario / zelda either which will come along later. So perhaps I should stick to a console that covers my tastes, rather than forcibly changing them to fit around some games so I can play bayonetta 2? Perhaps, perhaps, perhaps....you lot shouldn't take it so personally.

BUT to anyone who DOES like a couple of those games (or more!), don't let my comments hold you back! They just don't particularly appeal to ME enough to justify buying a WHOLE NEW CONSOLE!

For reference, some games I like:
fifa, batman, bayonetta, fallout, ninja gaiden, mass effect, ghost recon, cod, ssx, dirt 3, dragons dogma, saints row, vanquish

Also, I have swapped consoles before, but there was a lot more overlap, and multiple exclusives I really wanted to play.

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
I've been away a day, what was today's big reveal? IS it the lineup that the original post mentioned? If so, there's a couple of games there I want, but not enough to justify getting the system yet.

Pulse

Nov 16, 2012
chozo_hybrid said:
I've been away a day, what was today's big reveal? IS it the lineup that the original post mentioned? If so, there's a couple of games there I want, but not enough to justify getting the system yet.
AHAHAHA!

wtf is WRONG with you? Perhaps you should expand your tastes you boring nintendo hater.

Just joking, I said pretty much the same thing....see above post.

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
Pulse said:
chozo_hybrid said:
AHAHAHA!

wtf is WRONG with you? Perhaps you should expand your tastes you boring nintendo hater.

Just joking, I said pretty much the same thing....see above post.
Ah, I see. I still have Wii games to play through, so I may be a while behind getting the next one XD

You say you've played Bayonetta? I like the Devil May Cry games, should I add it to my list of things I should play?