Poll: Are you happy with your weight?

Hazy

Jun 29, 2008
King of Asgaard said:
I honestly have no idea.
I'm 19, weigh 115 pounds and am 5'7.
Now, I'm happy with this, but I'm told I should try to bulk up a bit.
I'd recommend trying to go Ottermode. For your height, you don't want to get too jacked for risk of looking funny.

omega 616

Elite Member
May 1, 2009
Tnekrtena said:
omega 616 said:
Thank you and duly noted! I'll make sure to remember all of this. Also that image is now burned into my mind, mostly due to how hilarious it looks. I'll make sure not to skip leg day, in fear of looking like a huge meat ball standing on two twigs.
That is just what I did, I knew I wasn't going to radically change my entire life one day from lay about to fitness freak (nor would I want to). I just did little things that I could do whenever and didn't take more than a minute.

I actually have stretch marks on my arms (I didn't even get big) and at one point had the outline of 6 pack, just from doing like 1 minute exercises. I was no Arny but I could take my top off without being embarrassed ... those were the days haha.

You might want to go the whole hog, fitness dvds, protein shakes, raw eggs, gallons and gallons of milk etc, which would lead to an Arny look. I didn't want to be Arny huge, so I just did a bit ... you get out what you put in.

Pieturli

Mar 15, 2012
Tnekrtena said:
omega 616 said:
Thank you and duly noted! I'll make sure to remember all of this. Also that image is now burned into my mind, mostly due to how hilarious it looks. I'll make sure not to skip leg day, in fear of looking like a huge meat ball standing on two twigs.
Just to add to what he said: if you end up doing curls, don't do them in a squat rack:)

staika

I am Tizzy's Willing Slave
Aug 3, 2009
Not really, I'm a little too skinny right now. I'm 6'2" (188CM) and weigh around 170 Lbs. Not too bad but my arms are like twigs so I'd like to gain another 10 lbs or so and put some muscle on my arms so I'm not so much of a twig anymore. I'm just too lazy to go to the gym, might have to think about going again soon.

Flames66

Aug 22, 2009
I have no idea. I haven't weighed myself in over a decade and have no intention of doing to. In terms of my body shape, I'm fairly happy with it. I could possibly do with adding to weight in muscle.

TehCookie said:
I never really liked my weight because I weigh 20 pounds heavier than I look. On the other hand I look good so that's what matters really. I need to exercise more to get some strength and endurance, but that also makes me look skinnier and weigh even more. I feel like I must be super dense or something.
I don't actually understand weight when it comes to people. What is an average weight for someone about 6 feet tall?

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
Need to gain weight. I'm 5'7" and only weigh around 115 lbs. I can't seem to ever put on weight though, no matter how much junk I eat.

Blow_Pop

Supreme Evil Overlord
Jan 21, 2009
My weight is fine. Doctors say I'm overweight but none of them count the muscle I have and I know quite a bit of my weight is that muscle. I could stand to tone up my core a little bit if I cared more but seeing as how I don't, I won't.

Too much emphasis is put onto weight. When in reality, it's how the weight looks on you. IF I went down to what the doctors say I should be, I'd be borderline anoerexic/bullemic. Because that's what it would take to get me down to that. And I would look like skin and bones. Which tbh, I was in high school due to a high metabolism and I wasn't happy with how I looked. I HATED how I looked. Now, I'm fairly comfortable in my skin. I like how I look and think the doctors can sit and spin on my middle finger.

sabercrusader

Jul 18, 2009
I'm okay with my weight, I'm not sure it's the specific "healthy" weight I should be, but I don't think 185 is bad.

I do wish I was a bit smaller though, I've got a bit of "beer gut" going on, and I don't particularly like it. It's a little too cold out right now, but when Spring hits, I plan on running a lot to work it off.

Hagi

Apr 10, 2011
Could probably stand to gain some...

I'm 6'8" and weigh about 176 lbs. Used to be around 165 lbs which left me around 5% body fat, apparently you die at 3%...

I'm not really good at gaining weight. I eat a lot, especially meat, but no real luck gaining much weight. Then again, occasionally I do forget to eat meals, simply not hungry and before I know it the time's past...

I feel awkward picking the "too small" option though, I don't think that word's ever been used in reference to me before.

Sleepy Sol

Feb 15, 2011
I'm a 5'5" dude at 115 lbs.

I think I'm skinny as all hell, but considering my height it's not too bad. Basically the only thing I don't like is how noodley my arms are.

Just can't gain any weight at all really.

Remus

Reprogrammed Spambot
Nov 24, 2012
I'm 5'11, right at 200lbs. I normally hover around 185-200, depending on the time of year. As a matter of habit, I work out twice a day with a 110lb curl bar and pushups/situps, but I have a bit of holiday gut that you wouldn't notice unless I took my shirt off. So I have the physique of your average gorilla, minus the thick coat of fur. I'm muscular with some padding, which I plan to push to lose starting around late Feb-early March. Kicking sodapop is something I won't enjoy doing, but have done before. The extra padding however has been a huge help this year, what with the arctic cyclone dipping down so drastically recently.

rosac

Sep 13, 2008
far too skinny! I'm eating to put weight on, lots dem carbs and proteins.

Raggedstar

Jul 5, 2011
It's a bit tricky to judge myself because my structure is pretty wide. Not a whole lot I can do about that. I could lose maybe 10-15 lbs or so, but my weight currently doesn't seem unhealthy. It's been pretty consistent for years, even after 2 weeks on a Christmas vacation without a lot of strenuous exercise. If a BMI calculator is to be trusted, then that's on the higher end of the healthy scale.

And even biking 3 km twice a day to work in the summer (walking over 1 km there and back to school/college and years of gym class too) doesn't do squat for my weight, so I give up. Obviously my body is content with the weight it's at.

TehCookie

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2008
Flames66 said:
I have no idea. I haven't weighed myself in over a decade and have no intention of doing to. In terms of my body shape, I'm fairly happy with it. I could possibly do with adding to weight in muscle.

TehCookie said:
I never really liked my weight because I weigh 20 pounds heavier than I look. On the other hand I look good so that's what matters really. I need to exercise more to get some strength and endurance, but that also makes me look skinnier and weigh even more. I feel like I must be super dense or something.
I don't actually understand weight when it comes to people. What is an average weight for someone about 6 feet tall?
I'm not a man and have no clue for them, you can google it.

For women typically when you hit 5' you should be 100lbs, and for every inch you add 5 pounds for the average. So I'm 5'3" so I should weigh around 115 then give or take a couple pounds due to body type. I weigh 125 and am not fat so that's healthy for me.

EeveeElectro

Cats.
Aug 3, 2008
tippy2k2 said:
The Lugz said:
tippy2k2 said:
As many others in the world, I decided for New Years that I would revamp my efforts to become less of a fatty (I've always done little things before that but now I actually have a plan and a calorie counter thingy and whatnot)
if you'd like some tips, i have them but you've probably heard it all before.
I have (my step-brother is a gym coach) but it's never a bad thing to get a reminder/let other people see it :)

In fact, you might be useful for this since he hasn't been. He never got into pop/soda and I'm trying to find something that is A. Not stupidly expensive and B. Caffeine (or has that kind of effect). I'm slowly dwindling my pop intake (2 a day now) but having a sub would be awfully nice for those tough days. Any recommendations?
Apple juice. Apple's naturally have caffeine in them (or give a similar affect of caffeine, can't remember...)
It's sweet so you won't miss pop and it's better for you.
Can be bought cheaply too!

Someone Depressing

Jan 16, 2011
No. I'm about 15 pounds overweight. I'm too short. Way too short. Far too short for an average, British male. And yet I'm above height. And yet, every other man around me is at least half a head higher. And I just... the world is conspiring against me.

I'm far too self-conscious about how I look. Which is really the only thing I care about or pay attention to in real life.

ClockworkPenguin

Mar 29, 2012
I'm 1.93m and 68kg. I could do with putting weight on, I'm grotesquely skinny, and I know it'd be much healthier to gain muscle than fat, but whenever I exercise I lose weight and my food bill goes up.

I sort of plan to just wait until I get a beer belly and then work that off.

an annoyed writer

Exalted Lady of The Meep :3
Jun 21, 2012
Definitely not happy with my weight here. I need to drop a few pounds. It's not something I like to talk about too much, since it just sends me into a death-spiral of self-loathing and uncontrollable anger.

UPISTRVIMYD

Dec 20, 2013
6'6, 268. I'm not terribly broad, but I am barrel-chested, and all the fat pools front and center, resulting in the hilarious poolside image of a tall, fat guy who somehow also has muscular arms and legs and is absolutely covered in black hair, helped a total of nothing by the fact that I am whiter than the field I'm typing this post on. Hitting the gym for college next semester will hopefully balance things out; I just wish crunches weren't so damn painful...