Poll: Are you happy with your weight?

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
EeveeElectro said:
Apple juice. Apple's naturally have caffeine in them (or give a similar affect of caffeine, can't remember...)
It's sweet so you won't miss pop and it's better for you.
Can be bought cheaply too!
I wonder if "Apple Juice Based" juices would work to that effect. For some reason, just pure Apple Juice makes me sick :(

Sep 14, 2009
5'9" (175.26 cm) and weigh in at a whopping 198 lbs (89.8 kg)

I've built up alot of muscle since high school, but in that time my soda habits have caught up with me as I don't nearly have as much time as I'd like to to play sports and other cardio based activities, so I have built up a slight gut (not noticeable with my shirt on unless I push out).

I'd like to get down to 170-180ish, I'd look fucking cut as fuck at this point with what I lift now compared to what I started at in the beginning of college, gone up 20-30 lbs in just about every category with free weight lifting.

Hoping this spring to sign up for more races (5k's and stuff, maybe do a half marathon if I train more) and join some more sports teams to increase the cardio output, and hopefully I can kick my soda addiction (at least at the levels that I have it at, maybe go down to 1 max a day and have it be sprite or something.)

Plus with how hectic my work/school schedule is fast food is too damn convenient...I LIKE MY BURGERS DAMMIT.

now I also hate running at the gym, I get bored way too easily and even though I work up a sweat I know that when I play sprots I can run 2-3x as much which is why I tend to spend more time lifting instead and gaining even more weight (muscle)

does anyone have any cardio exercises they would recommend that you can do by yourself that isn't as boring as just flat out going for a run?

EeveeElectro said:
Apple juice. Apple's naturally have caffeine in them (or give a similar affect of caffeine, can't remember...)
I'll have to use this as a substitute, pop has been killing my weight this past year and I need to kick it.

*takes a big gulp of a diet coke*

NSGrendel

Jul 1, 2010
I'm fat. But it's not my fault. It's the fault of corporations. They magically make my calorific intake large than my calorific expenditure, regardless of what those stupid biologists and physicists say. My holistic Dr tells me so.

Addendum - Are you going to eat that or just let it go to waste?

NSGrendel

Jul 1, 2010
tippy2k2 said:
EeveeElectro said:
I wonder if "Apple Juice Based" juices would work to that effect. For some reason, just pure Apple Juice makes me sick :(
Dehydrated, an apple contains more sugar per gramme than a chocolate bar. If you are eating certain fruit, bear in mind they aren't inherently low in sugar. The fact they are high in sugar is why we like them to begin with.

not_you

Don't ask, or you won't know
Mar 16, 2011
If I could take the flab from my gut, and distribute it evenly across my shoulders, arms and chest then I'd probably look really good....

I am currently 177cm (5'10 for those Imperials)
And 84Kg (Find a converter, I don't know that off the top of my head)

While my weight is fine (Since I have a "solid" build) I have become quite rounded in the middle...
So, yeah... I went with I'm happy with my weight but don't like physique....

Sure, the BMI scale SAYS I'm overweight, but fuck scales I can run far enough to be healthy and look perfectly fine as long as I don't take my shirt off...

The Lugz

Apr 23, 2011
tippy2k2 said:
The Lugz said:
tippy2k2 said:
As many others in the world, I decided for New Years that I would revamp my efforts to become less of a fatty (I've always done little things before that but now I actually have a plan and a calorie counter thingy and whatnot)
if you'd like some tips, i have them but you've probably heard it all before.
I have (my step-brother is a gym coach) but it's never a bad thing to get a reminder/let other people see it :)

In fact, you might be useful for this since he hasn't been. He never got into pop/soda and I'm trying to find something that is A. Not stupidly expensive and B. Caffeine (or has that kind of effect). I'm slowly dwindling my pop intake (2 a day now) but having a sub would be awfully nice for those tough days. Any recommendations?
hah, yeah I got into energy drinks for a while, basically from research after experiencing heart/kidney soreness that that was a terribly bad idea, the only thing I've found that does not impede my slightly healthier lifestyle is aspire, and if you 'have' to have that sugar boost then you might want to try Scheckters organic energy drink, which contains only plant derived sweeteners, and metabolic boosters.
http://www.schecktersorganic.com/

now, i won't claim that either of these things is 'good' for you but they're certainly better than regular soda/pop which contain some really nasty stuff, the aspire has sweeteners, but it also comes with a bonus of -200 calories.
so play that off in your mind, and yes you read that correctly.. it makes your body burn fat.
http://www.aspiredrinks.com/our-product.html

if you want something inarguably 'good' for you, there really is no option but to buy or make fresh orange juice.

now, another product I find useful is this:
http://www.grenadefatburner.com/50-calibre/

if you have energy problems this will put the pep back in you, you can mix it up into 500ml drinks bottles easily enough, but it does not mix smooth, there are bits, the others are silky smooth though.

again, I'm no biologist/chemist so I can't claim this is good for you only that it works.

Feb 22, 2009
Good weight but bad physique. I'm very skinny, which I like being, I'd just also like to be fit. Not like huge-muscles fit, just able-to-run-for-a-reasonable-amount-of-time-without-running-out-of-breath fit.

Pharsalus

Jun 16, 2011
I'm pretty happy with my weight but would like to be bigger, larger upper body maybe get closer to 190 lb. in shape (I'm 5'10").

Ryan Minns

Mar 29, 2011
Not at all. I have an extremely strong body and a potential MANY people would die for and I've let it go to waist (See what I did there!) I am pushing 150kgs and need to lose enough to be what my doctor says would be my perfect bodied self at 107kgs but laziness slaps me in the face with my constant excuses to sit on my ass

teqrevisited

Mar 17, 2010
6' 3", roughly 12 stone, so about 190 and 75kg, and I'm happy as I am. I'm thin enough that on an open evening event at the local cadets place I managed to hide behind a lamppost in front of a wall during a stealth exercise and not be seen. My job has me walking miles every day and lifting / throwing things as well so I'm probably about average.

lunavixen

Jan 2, 2012
I'd like to lose a bit of weight but i'll never get down to the ideal weight for my height, i've got a lot of muscle in my shoulders, calves and thighs and a braoder set bone structure. What i'd like to lose is at least half the fat on my stomach, other than that i'm fine.

renegade7

Feb 9, 2011
I'm 6'2" and 220 lbs (or just shy of 100 kilos for those of you using Metric). I was hovering around 200 lbs for the last like 3 years, and then it was the last semester (electrical engineering major...ugh) that brought me up even further because I've been too busy to exercise and probably have a stress-eating problem. This is the first time I've ever made a serious weight-loss effort, I'd like to get down to around 170 by Summer...if anyone's got tips or anything to offer, please PM me!

Brutal Peanut

This is so freakin aweso-BLARGH!
Oct 15, 2010
Not really. I lost a good 82lbs . However, I had relapsed due to personal issues and ended up gaining back around 8 to 9lbs. Right before I had decided I really needed to fix the problem, I found out I was pregnant. I was told by my OBGYN that it was great that I lost all that weight, but she still expected the 25 to 30lb weight gain from me. She also advised that it wouldn't be healthy for me to lose weight anymore, but 30-45 minutes of light to moderate exercise would be a good way to keep me from gaining too much and make it easier to get back to my previous weight afterwords.

Even though pregnant woman are actually only allotted an extra 300 to 450 calories in their pregnancy and are expected to exercise at least three times a week , once in the second trimester; it's expected that I gain a pound a week until I pop. Even though at 5 months I am 'right on track', when they happily tell me how much weight I've gained at every visit, I feel like I could sink down into the floor and die; but I get where they are coming from.

Boris Goodenough

Jul 15, 2009
I am 179 cm and I wheighed 78.1 kg this morning, I would like to lose 2 kg of fat and gain 1 kg of muscle and I would be perfectly happy.

Jarsh82

Sep 17, 2012
I'm happy with my winter weight. I'm 5'10 and 210 pounds. I go down to about 190 by summer. Even at 210 I can wear a snug T shirt and not show any gut.

PedroSteckecilo

Mexican Fugitive
Feb 7, 2008
Love food and hate exercise... dangerous combination... especially since I lost my job, now while I have a bit more time for exercise I've got to outpace the depression eating... yeah... gotta work on stuff...

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
I am happy with my weight I guess, but my bone structure prevents me from having a good physique. I got a large rib cage which makes me look fat when I'm wearing clothes (and prevents me from having a well defined six pack), but without a shirt I look skinny because how much of my rib cage is visible.

I'm quite fit I guess, in this semester time constraints will have me working out 2 days a week, but I used to work out 3-4 times a week last year. I wish I could do something about my belly, but I figure it's a lost battle so I decided to battle my self esteem and accept it.

Now I am about the same height as the OP (I haven't checked since I stopped growing) and I weigh 62 kg (137 lbs) right now. Also I must say that I hate saying my weight in pounds... It makes me sound incredibly fat. Metric system is far better for that kind of stuff.