Poll: COD: YAY OR NAY

JugglerPanda

Apr 23, 2009
I like memorable music, innovative gameplay, creative weapons, and a unique atmosphere. Call of Duty has none of these things in its multiplayer.

C95J

I plan to live forever.
Apr 10, 2010
Onyx Oblivion said:
Well, I've played all of 'em since 2.

I enjoy them. Get my yearly fix of pain and anger with my yearly Veteran attempt.

Only succeed in both Modern Warfare games, though.

Treyarch CoDs are EVIL on Veteran.
I have yet to play Black Ops on veteran is it as bad as WaW?

Tinbust

Jan 1, 2011
The only cod game worth anything in my opinion is call of duty 4. Good level design, voice acting, but most importantly it was fresh and different at least for this series, it wasn't a decent quake mod or the same putrid thing over again.

Guitarmasterx7

Day Pig
Mar 16, 2009
Single player yes. Multiplayer, no.

I hate getting shot and instantly killed from offscreen, because there's really nothing I can do about it and it feels more like a game of hide and seek where you just point at someone and shout "bang" when you find them.

I prefer the halo/tf2 method where a character can take some damage before dying unless it's some kind of close range backstab assassination kill. That way you can at least defend yourself a bit if someone gets the drop on you, unless you let someone get close enough to cuddle up with your back.

Rainboq

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2009
I still play the 1st one, the Stalingrad level where you take a Nazi bunker on a hill is still invigorating.

CyanideSandwich

Aug 5, 2010
I enjoy the CoD multiplayer, it's just the campaigns I have a problem with. more often than not, it feels like you're watching a slightly interactive movie, rather than playing a game.

snoopy7393

Mar 9, 2009
C95J said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
Well, I've played all of 'em since 2.

I enjoy them. Get my yearly fix of pain and anger with my yearly Veteran attempt.

Only succeed in both Modern Warfare games, though.

Treyarch CoDs are EVIL on Veteran.
I have yet to play Black Ops on veteran is it as bad as WaW?
It's infintely worse

DeASplode

Nov 26, 2009
It's KAY I suppose.
I get bored of them quickly, but Nazi Zombies keeps me playing them a little bit longer.

Jezzascmezza

Aug 18, 2009
I used to like the series, but it's all getting too formulaic nowadays.
i only played about fifteen hours of Black Ops multiplayer before getting tired of it.

Kadoodle

Nov 2, 2010
Mw, Waw, and Mw2 were triumphs. Black ops is bullshit. The only things it has going for it is 'Nam and the double rainbow in Nuketown.

Waw and MW2 are my favorites. But BFBC2 beats them all. It's more realistic. Guns aren't as ridiculously accurate. There is bullet drop. Plus you have vehicles.

Sunstrike

Mar 29, 2010
It's not one of my favourite series but I do enjoy it.

My main problems with COD have always been the perfectly accurate almost no recoil 10 bullet a second 2-3 hit kill guns that just introduce so many problems with lag, spam through walls and a variety of other luck based things. Also: camping, simply because so many of COD's base gameplay mechanics favor the defender over the attacker, camping becomes a large problem (along with the rapidly changing spawns).

It's still an enjoyable, varied and compelling shooter, but definately not worthy of the best selling entertainment product, ever.

Sinspiration

Mar 7, 2010
Nay: Because every COD game is just another of the boring shooters out there.

Give me something that's actually interesting like Timeshift, F.E.A.R or Shadowrun. Hell even Oblivion gets my interest more than COD. Might and Magic Elements: Dark Messiah is more interesting.

Guess I prefer outright Fantasy to "Realistic but not" *shrug*

FightThePower

The Voice of Treason
Dec 17, 2008
I do like CoD, yes. The single-player's fun and the multiplayer even more so.

Also, I don't have a gripe with people who don't like the series, but for the love of god, can these people please stop coming into threads where people who like CoD are discussing it just for the sole purpose of outlining how much they really don't like the series. It's really fucking annoying.

Ashcrexl

May 27, 2009
it is a good series due to the sheer intensity of the campaign and (usually) creative presentation. when people hate on CoD, they always seem to forget how amazing the first time we played the original was with bullets flying all around us and the incredible noise or how shocking the nuclear blast was in 4. the latter few games also have rather fun small squad based combat in interesting environments. so, a definite yay from me.