Poll: Do you compete in any sports?

Zaksav91

Oct 16, 2009
I played football for awhile in high school. Then I figured out that it just wasn't for me, didn't have that mind-set.

PAGEToap44

Jul 16, 2008
I should be playing for the school rugby team. I stopped going to training sessions. I feel much better now. :)

Obrien Xp

Sep 27, 2009
Hard-Head Prop on school rugby team. We always win zone.

Do hunting and fishing count?

Eclectic Dreck

Sep 3, 2008
slabomeat said:
Hunting is a sport.
It is an outdoor activity that requires skill. However, outside of arranged competition, I think you'll find it is hard to fit into the literal definition of "sport", which will generally include qualifications such as "athletic pursuit", "system of rules" and "competition". I wouldn't think that the various national and state laws that govern hunting would generally be seen to count as "a system of rules" in this case but I can admit there are a great many reasonable arguments to the contrary.

Personally, I fence.

Calgetorix

Oct 25, 2003
I play volleyball. It sucks though, because my should has been dislocated twice or so. Luckily I can still play but my shoulder is killing me sometimes.

MetaKnight19

Jul 8, 2009
I used to play rugby for years, but the coach was a complete prick and always had me on the bench for the majority of the games we played so I packed it in. After that, nothing has really taken my interest.

Daeggreth

Oct 22, 2009
I played football competitively, though not at a very high level, for eleven years until health problems prevented me from playing last year and I played a bit of badminton in high school.

Chancecall

Money to burn
Nov 18, 2009
I am a keen archer (Recurve only) and GNAS member. However, having said that, I am also only a fair weather shooter which some would argue doesn't make me a REAL toxophilite.

Lord_Z said:
The only sport I have ever spent some time performing is archery. One of the most badass sports om all time but not healthy, so I quit.
Boooooo. Not healthy? Pulling 50 lbs 72 times (1 round) on a recurve is no walk in the park. Took me 3 years of training to be able to pull that much!

Mind you, I suppose it depends on why you are shooting in the first place. I agree, it is easy to not get any physical benefit out of it, particularly in the first few months where all you get is nothing but horrible horrible pain for clipping your arm on the bow string over and over. That is certainly not healthy, just painful.

Omega Jak

Sep 6, 2009
Cricket damn it! Although I haven't played for a couple of months now. You live in the UK and don't put cricket on your poll?