Poll: Do You Date?

Blow_Pop

Supreme Evil Overlord
Jan 21, 2009
I've been on a date or two before. Personally though, I don't date. I find it pointless since I figure I'm never going to wind up married or anything so no point in dating.

Whiptail

Feb 22, 2010
I've only ever had a boyfriend once, and that was when I was around 7 years old, so I don't really think it counts.
Forever alone ever since. T_T

Kevlar Eater

Sep 27, 2009
I've never dated before, and probably never will. The chance of encountering a gold digger or socio/psychopath (or both) is way too high, in my opinion.

Realitycrash

Dec 12, 2010
No, I have never dated.
I go to bars, talk to women, have sex. If the sex is good and if they are interesting enough people for me to want to continue talking to them (they usually are if I have sex with them, but sometimes you make mistakes when you are drunk) then I catch their number/Facebook/Community-name, and then we chat, meet up next weekend, go to a bar, have fun, have sex, etc. And then it either turns into a relationship or it dies out.

Or I talk to women online via communities/Facebook, then we meet up in a bar, have sex, etc same as above.

It has served me very well. Dates are, as far as I can view them, horribly awkward. In bars, you have alcohol and friends who can elevate the tension if you feel nervous about what to say or get lost in your own ramblings.

KOMega

Aug 30, 2010
Never have and really I don't think I have much of the desire to anyways.
I've had plenty of times when people thought I was or was trying to.
But you get that sometimes when being nice to someone also meant you wanted to fuck them for some reason >.>

I doubt a relationship or a date will just land in my lap suddenly, but I just don't have the will to do the silly courtship song and dance.

I usually tell time with my cellphone. Watches feel too constrictive.

Blood Brain Barrier

Nov 21, 2011
Dating is outdated. There's so many ways of finding out about people nowadays, at least in the modern West.

It does depends what you consider a date though. My current gf and I went out for coffee as friends would once or twice, then an informal round of drinks, then eventually her place. I wouldn't call any of those dates, at least I didn't think of them as that at the time.

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
In the traditional sense, no because I'm no longer courting. Happily married. But technically we do have "date-nights", so that may count. But in my view its not the same, rather a foundational upkeep that we do for each other. In this economy though its not easy to go out.

Dr. Thrax

Dec 5, 2011
I haven't bothered dating and probably will continue to not bother, being gay and living in the Bible Belt of the US kinda works against you.
Once I saw all the bullshit relationship drama that was going on during middle and high school I threw my hands up and said "Fuck no! Ain't nobody got time fo' that!" and have avoided dating like a plague. I'd much prefer good friends and casual sex.

an annoyed writer

Exalted Lady of The Meep :3
Jun 21, 2012
I don't really do it much, since I've got no one right now. When I did though, it was alright. I'd rather go and just hang out more than date, to be honest.

thisbymaster

Sep 10, 2008
Dating is an interesting thing. If you are still only seeing each other after the 3rd date something is wrong. The girl I currently have, we had about 1/2 a date before inviting herself back to my place and throwing me on my bed. Then after getting started told me she was shy and walked out.

Yuno Gasai

Queen of Yandere
Nov 6, 2010
I have an online dating account. It's pretty dormant nowadays, but I still check it occasionally.

I do date. I quite enjoy it, actually - though I haven't had much luck, to be honest. I see dating as an excellent opportunity to get to know someone, with varying degrees of success (depending on how compatible the two of you are, whether or not you reciprocate each other's affections, etc).

I particularly enjoy the awkward or unusual dates because they make for excellent anecdotes. I went on a date where we went to the aquarium together and were stopped by a rather forward photographer who apparently assumed we were already an item because he was asking us to pose as though we were married and/or about to "get busy" in the bedroom. It was one of the most awkward experiences of my life, but it broke the ice, and it made for an excellent story!

The only issue I have with dating now is that it means different things to different people. Some will assume that if you go for a coffee date with them, you shouldn't attempt to go on a date with anyone else because it's unfair to them. Others believe you're free to date as many people as you like providing you haven't already agreed to be mutually exclusive. I think it's important to try and establish what 'dating' entails with someone before you agree to go on/date them, regardless.

When I'm actually in a relationship, I still like to go on dates - but with my partner, of course. They allow for a change of scenery and let you share new experiences together. How can that be bad?

mitchell271

Sep 3, 2010
Yeah, I've dated. I'm not currently but I'm hoping to change that soon as there's a girl I like and I think I'm getting some sort of reciprocated feeling back. I've had a handful of girlfriends, and I've noticed the first three dates going almost the exact same every time.

Date 1
Dinner in a nice restaurant and talk about anything and everything. Could be about work, school or any interests at all. I've heard horror stories of incredibly awkward first dates, but I've only ever dated people that started as friends first. Hopefully this new one isn't awkward because we're only acquaintances.

Date 2
Day-time date walking around downtown. Just hanging out like friends except still somewhat more intimate as it's possibly the beginning of a relationship. Now that I think about it, it's as if the purpose is to get to really know the other person and figure out if I'd want to be with them.

Date 3
Homemade dinner followed by half of a movie on the couch. You know what I mean ;)

Riot3000

Oct 7, 2013
I picked the forever alone option because yay me.

Seriously though I barely ever date and at first I thought that was personal failing but now I am starting to care less and less. I have had great relations with many cool gals and made some life long friends so I feel grounded in that. I take a appreciate what you have vs a focusing on what I don't have approach maybe to a delusional level. LOL

I am well aware of the stigma, shame and pity that comes up from this option but I will live with my choice as it doesn't harm anyone.

DoomyMcDoom

Jul 4, 2008
I used to date, but it's been a long enough time that the "not anymore" option seemed appropriate.
I contracted a wonderful little disease known as herpes, and since then women tend to reject me with an alarming frequency, it's been like, 2 years since I last "dated" anyone, and that was the last of a dozen or so rejections due to my condition, I don't think I'll ever be able to find anyone that way, so, dating, not really my thing anymore... If a relationship grows out of something else, cool, if not, whatever, not like I can choose who wants me, I'd just rather not be where I'm not wanted, and apparently anywhere near a woman who is aware of my herps, is one of those places, so I'll just try to be content with female friends who don't know, and try the whole, being alone in bed till I die thing.

persephone

Poisoned by Pomegranates
May 2, 2012
I've only ever been in one relationship, and we went out on a "proper" date all of once. It was awful. Granted, the relationship had its problems and didn't last, and it might've been quite nice with someone else, but I've got the data I've got.

I don't date anymore, though; I consider dating to be a sort of grand investigation for marriage, and I've concluded, for various reasons, that I'm pretty darn sure I don't want to get married. So, dating would be a bit silly.

RaphaelsRedemption

Eats With Her Mouth Full
May 3, 2010
DoomyMcDoom said:
I used to date, but it's been a long enough time that the "not anymore" option seemed appropriate.
I contracted a wonderful little disease known as herpes, and since then women tend to reject me with an alarming frequency, it's been like, 2 years since I last "dated" anyone, and that was the last of a dozen or so rejections due to my condition, I don't think I'll ever be able to find anyone that way, so, dating, not really my thing anymore... If a relationship grows out of something else, cool, if not, whatever, not like I can choose who wants me, I'd just rather not be where I'm not wanted, and apparently anywhere near a woman who is aware of my herps, is one of those places, so I'll just try to be content with female friends who don't know, and try the whole, being alone in bed till I die thing.
Oh dude. I was going to post something witty and shit, and then I saw your post.

Makes everything people say seem like so much entitled whining.

Best of luck to you, mate. I hope life stops shitting on you so much.

Alarien

Feb 9, 2010
My wife and I have a 3 year old.

Do we date?...

NO

We have more important things to do that date... LIKE RAISE a FUCKING 3 YEAR OLD.

Sex and dating are not equal.

I hope to continue my love affair with my wife despite the fact that WE... HAVE A KID.