Poll: do you like jimquisition?

lukey94

Sep 2, 2008
He is just a troll ... both in manner and appearance, I miss the days when The Escapist was things like ZP,Unskippable,Doomsday Arcade and Unforgotten Realms, those were the days!

freaper

snuggere mongool
Apr 3, 2010
MisterDyslexo said:
And what I like about his persona is that its a slap in your face that tells you to pull your head out of your ass sometimes.
That's the main reason I appreciate him now. Even though his speeches aren't original - but what is these days? - I find them refreshing, and pretty entertaining.

You lot commenting on how he's arrogant and pretentious really makes me wonder if you even watched his videos. In this last one he literally tells you it's an act.
haters gonna hate

NinjaTigerXIII

Apr 21, 2010
He is a total ass, and I love the guy! He is pissing off SO many people on the escapist and there's NOTHING they can do about it.

Gruchul

Aug 30, 2009
MetallicaRulez0 said:
He is unbelievably annoying, even when I agree with most of what he's saying (Defending CoD, for example). He has that highly exaggerated british accent that I can't stand.
You think that's a British accent? If we're going to have a defining accent, it really shouldn't be that, nor do I think it is.

On topic: Not at all. The show simply doesn't click with me.

Ryengu

May 22, 2011
His entertainment value is somewhat undermined by the fact that the Escapist already has a resident snarky british guy. Yahtzee's delivery is better too, Jim just sounds like he's trying too hard.

Mrsoupcup

Jan 13, 2009
I just can't stand that voice. First time he spoke I immediately closed the window, haven't watched it since.

Duffeknol

Aug 28, 2010
The problem with the guy is his sense of humor... or lack thereof. He's probably perfectly capable of creating a decent show in which he discusses games and gaming... but we already have Extra Credits for that. Then he tries to distinguish himself by trying to be funny, but man, that aspect of the show is just literally painful to watch. Awful, AWFUL voices and/or accents, 'costumes' that just look sad and an overall lack of, well, wit. It's not BOOSH in your face like Yahtzee and not subtle and snobby like Movie Bob's, nor is it as perfectly sarcastic as Lisa's. It's just... normal. It's on the level of the jokes you crack with your friends during a bored night.

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
It's growing on me. (Possibly like a fungus.) I lumped myself in with "like", but I can't say I've gotten to the point where I eagerly await the next installment or would be bitterly disappointed if it were to shuffle off this mortal coil and join the bleeding choir invisible. But as I do think it's trending upward, I'd kind of like it to have a chance to see how good it can get.

Mr. Omega

ANTI-LIFE JUSTIFIES MY HATE!
Jul 1, 2010
Oh joy THIS thread again. -_-

I like it. Not as good as his Dtoid stuff, but it's good. I get that some people don't like it, but there have been worse series on this site. Some of the arguments against it are fair enough, but a lot of them come off as pretentious whining.

My personal favorite? People whining "The Escapist has better standards than this!" When the most popular video series on this site is about an angry British man making various dick jokes in a review of games.

And as for the "We already have Extra Credits" argument, does another perspective or another show discussing gamer culture REALLY hurt the site?

Sep 30, 2010
Pillypill said:
yes, or at least his most recent episode, if things continue the way "too cool to be cool" was going then i could see myself watching despite the quite annoying persona he adopts on screen.
I agree, that is the only one I have liked. And I immediately hated myself for it.

SideSmash

May 24, 2011
I hate it. I hate his humor, his way of speaking, his pompous attitude, pretty much everything.

00slash00

Dec 29, 2009
i dislike him but not because i find him offensive or anything like that. its just that he doesnt say anything thought provoking and he isnt funny, so im not quite sure why hes here. seems like hes trying to copy the game overthinker or something, and doing a really bad job of it

Xman490

Doctorate in Danger
May 29, 2010
Ravnican said:
No. I feel he not only doesn't say anything new or interesting, but he also believes vulgarity is a substitute for actual humor.
I find vulgarity as simply a "sentence enhancer" (thanks, Spongebob), not humor. I think the humor is Jim's massive ego.

DarkMorford

Jan 31, 2011
Haven't watched it. Part of it is that I've got plenty of series I'm watching already, but I think it's mostly the timing.
As memory serves, Jim started his show the exact same day that Lisa went on hiatus. So it kinda feels like a replacement, even though The Powers That Be have stated several times that it's not. And quite frankly, there's very little, if anything, that can replace Lisa; Jim is not in that category.

(Come back, Lisa! We?and by "we" I mean "I"?miss you!)

FightThePower

The Voice of Treason
Dec 17, 2008
This exact thread was made four days ago. Where are the search bar trolls when you need them?

OT: Yes, I find it entertaining, even though I don't really like Jim Sterling.