Poll: Favourite Melee weapon

Naeras

Mar 1, 2011
Metal gauntlets. There's nothing more badass than being able to catch a sword with your hands and proceed to punch out your opponent's teeth.

manaman

Sep 2, 2007
Joccaren said:
FalloutJack said:
The crowbar, of course.

Hey, I live in THIS century.
Definitely the Crowbar. I don't know why it wasn't an option, but it is the most common weapon you'll find these days in the general public area, and has numerous practical uses too. Add to that HALF LIFE and you have win.
Unless you are building houses in this universe you need a melee weapon in you are not going to get any additional practical use from a crowbar that you wouldn't get from any thing you can pry with, and you would get more use out of a hammer for smashing things. In fact using a crow bar to bludgeon is actually damn hard on the hands, as there is nothing resembling a handle to dampen the blow.

For my it would have to be my baseball bat. Tough, moderately light weight, easy to swing, and highly effective in the right hands. Hey it was designed to bludgeon the shit out of a baseball. Being untrained in all of the above weapons I am not likely to be very effective with them, but a club... A club I can use, a club anyone can use.

Pontus Hashis

Feb 22, 2010
Unarmed.
I'll dodge your shit and unarm/steal your weapon.

Also Daggers, I can do the same thing but also cut your throat.

Sep 13, 2010
The weapon I'm most likely to use in my life is my hands, cause I don't carry any kind of weapon. But if some dude said bad guy where coming for me, so grab something. I would use a mace or studded club. something in the 3 pound range.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Lectori Salutem said:
SWORDCHUCKS!

Just because they're awesome and totally practical
I'm having a hard time debating whether it's sarcasm or not from the looks of your avatar.

OT: Knives and daggers all the way!

Much easier to sneak and stab that way. Swords do come in a close second though just because they can look so damn cool and fancy.

Sirron Kcuch

Jan 3, 2012
Practically speaking: pikes, spears, whatever.
Awesome speaking: katanas, akimbo katanas (incredibly unpractical)

Reaper195

Jul 5, 2009
DeanoTheGod said:
Reaper195 said:
A pistol. Because that way, I wouldn't need anyone to get close to me before I could kill them.
Hmmm... Something tells me you may hive missed the point of the 'favourite Melee wapon?' thread...

Unless you are Indianna Jones of course!! :p
BWAAA! My secret identity has been revealed!

<>

But if I had to choose, a long, curved knife. Maybe one of the ulaks from Chronicles of Riddick. Those look disgustingly brutal.

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
Reaper195 said:
DeanoTheGod said:
Reaper195 said:
A pistol. Because that way, I wouldn't need anyone to get close to me before I could kill them.
Hmmm... Something tells me you may hive missed the point of the 'favourite Melee wapon?' thread...

Unless you are Indianna Jones of course!! :p
BWAAA! My secret identity has been revealed!

<>

But if I had to choose, a long, curved knife. Maybe one of the ulaks from Chronicles of Riddick. Those look disgustingly brutal.
That sir has made my night! I forgot about the Ulaks! They are what made me play through Butcher Bay and Dark Athena 3 times!! :p

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
A tie between this:

and this:

I love the first for it's grace and elegance, and the second for it's deceptive simplicity.

efAston

Sep 12, 2011
Gauntlet.
My housemate and I used to have gauntlet-only deathmatches, and never got over watching each other get fisted.

Zantos

Jan 5, 2011
Giant. Arse. Sword.

As long as it's still wieldable (thank you chrome, I know that's not actually a word) then any loss of dexterity coming from size and weight is probably made up for by the fear induced by someone coming at you with a giant arse sword.

BristolBerserker

Aug 3, 2011
If given a choice I'd like to spilt skulls with a mighty axe. And throw axes. And chop down trees with axes. And chop up pork pies with axes. I mean come on, a English huscarl at Hastings cut through a Norman AND his horse with his axe. BADASS.

Kilroy17

Jul 18, 2011
I'd prefer a staff as it's quick and can handle multiple combatants relatively easily. However from the options I'd choose an axe, a close second to a staff for me.

Alexias_Sandar

Nov 8, 2010
Well, your body is something you always have with you, so unarmed. However, given the opportunity and availability, other weapons can be useful, depending on the situation. But your body and mind are never far from you. Your sword or axe or chainsaw...firearm or whatever, may very well be.

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
StormShaun said:
Swords, I am a huge fan of them.
Fact why can't we carry them around like the good ol' medieval days? (For self defense only)
I would campaign tirelessly for that to happen. Dueling sabers would be best, I think. Failing that, everyone has a pistol on their hip, Western style.

Swords, or kukris, personally.

efAston said:
Gauntlet.
My housemate and I used to have gauntlet-only deathmatches, and never got over watching each other get fisted.
That came out wrong, didn't it? >_>

Daverson

Nov 17, 2009
Spetsnaz shovel.

Looks innocent enough, doesn't it? Pretty much a modern-day battle-axe though. I've heard you can split a man's head clean in half with one of these though. Plus, it can be thrown! Plus, it's a shovel! Plus, you can fry eggs on it... I don't like eggs, but I imagine if I did, that'd be advantageous.