Poll: How Happy Are You Being Single?

JoesshittyOs

Aug 10, 2011
I guess I'm bored. Bored is probably the best way to describe it.

I'm not depressed or lonely exactly, but I could go for a good relationship. I have a pretty good groove in my life right now, so I'm I'm preoccupied, but damn. The more I think of it, the more I realize I've never really had anything I'd consider a girlfriend. Messed around and dated enough people, but never had anyone I considered a girlfriend. Though the more I think about it, I really have no idea how I would handle one.

Hoping to meet someone before I join the military later this summer.

Malty Milk Whistle

Oct 29, 2011
mParadox said:
I'm fairly happy actually. Not much to tell, really. :p

I have no interest in finding a relationship. I just don't see the appeal of it, in all honesty.
As much I love seeing love bloom around me, I'd rather pass. >.>
Question. Is your avatar Death the Kid?

OT im pretty happy actually, i never really get very attached in the first place.

War Penguin

Serious Whimsy
Jun 13, 2009
Can't say that I'm happy, no. I've been trying to get a girlfriend for roughly ten years and with absolutely no luck. I manage to live with it, but I'm not particularly joyous about it.

Kevlar Eater

Sep 27, 2009
I'd rather not deal with others' bullshit, and my attitude reflects that. So of course, I would prefer to stay single. I'm not happy, but me staying single is for the best.

pipsiscool

Aug 17, 2011
I'm happy being single. For me it's just because I'm independent and anti-social. I can completely see why some (probably most) people wouldn't be happy single, but for me it's perfect.

Supah

Oct 22, 2011
Was single for a long time and was okay with it. Got a gf recently though and I'm pretty happy.

Blow_Pop

Supreme Evil Overlord
Jan 21, 2009
I have friends who are very happy being single. But they also don't have any interest in dating at all. More power to them. I'm unhappy as hell. But considering how most of my past relationships have gone I'm a lot happier single than I ever was in any of them.
rollerfox88 said:
BathorysGraveland said:
I'm fine. Being only 19, I have decided to completely avoid the drama and bullshit that comes with a relationship. Maybe in 10 or so years, when I've settled down, I'll think about being in a serious relationship with a woman. But right now, and in the near foreseeable future, I'll be single and stay that way - and be happy at it.
Maybe you ought to call it 5 years chief, if you start at 30 youre gonna be a little on the old side for kids and what not...
I'm almost 30 and still don't have kids. And I don't think I'm too old to have kids if I ever decide to. So what if when your kid turns 21 you are in your 50s? at that point they should be self sufficient enough to either have a job or be in college or looking for a job to support themselves.

Necroid_Neko

Nov 24, 2011
Right now, I would actually prefer to be single. My 'boyfriend' pretty much never spends time with me or does anything with me that would indicate his existance, so much so that I've been getting hit on a lot by my new friends because they don't realise I'm taken (which I then feel bad about because I can only friendzone them for a boyfriend who's never there).
We've been together for 2 years now, and I don't see him ever getting 'serious' about our relationship - not that he thinks it's casual, he is sexually faithful I'm just pretty certain at this point I'll be just a girlfriend for the rest of my life with him.
Sadly, I'm afraid that if I dump him my fear of guys with sexual histories will never allow me to get another boyfriend and I'll literally be forever alone, so I guess I'm stuck where I am :/
Sorry, felt the need to dump my problems somewhere.

Coldster

Oct 29, 2010
I'm taken, and I couldn't be happier. Hopefully it develops into something much bigger. Took me three tries to find a girl I love, but it was so worth it.

Just remember everybody, there is always something out there for you. You just have to keep looking. =)

SovietSecrets

iDrink, iSmoke, iPill
Nov 16, 2008
Happy I suppose. I wouldn't mind a relationship, but I am not going to go out of my way or try to find someone.

Antitonic

Enlightened Dispenser Of Truth!
Feb 4, 2010
IamQ said:
Antitonic said:
Being asexual, I don't want to be with anyone more than just hanging out as friends. No relationship drama, no wasting money (you don't want to), just happy loneliness.
Isn't that being aromantic though? Being asexual simply means that you don't enjoy sex. Just because you don't enjoy sex, doesn't mean that you can't enjoy love.
You're actually the first person who's bothered to call me on that. Kudos to you! Yes, aromantic is what I mean, but it seems people have a hard enough time understanding "asexual", without throwing in the qualifiers. I am an aromantic asexual though.

AngloDoom

Aug 2, 2008
Half and half, really. I love relationships when they go well, but they're a hell of a drain when going bad. Considering I just got out of a relationship where the reason given for dropping me was "I think I can get someone prettier than you with a face like mine" I'm in no rush to start again.

That and I'm hoping to leave the country in a few years so it kind of seems a little silly to start again.

Overall, I'm more happy than sad.

EDIT -

Necroid_Neko said:
Right now, I would actually prefer to be single. My 'boyfriend' pretty much never spends time with me or does anything with me that would indicate his existance, so much so that I've been getting hit on a lot by my new friends because they don't realise I'm taken (which I then feel bad about because I can only friendzone them for a boyfriend who's never there).
We've been together for 2 years now, and I don't see him ever getting 'serious' about our relationship - not that he thinks it's casual, he is sexually faithful I'm just pretty certain at this point I'll be just a girlfriend for the rest of my life with him.
Sadly, I'm afraid that if I dump him my fear of guys with sexual histories will never allow me to get another boyfriend and I'll literally be forever alone, so I guess I'm stuck where I am :/
Sorry, felt the need to dump my problems somewhere.
From what you've written, it seems you're only staying with your boyfriend because it's better than being alone. From my own personal experience (so anecdotal obviously) I'd say it's better to get out of the relationship than let it drag on. What if you feel like this for so long that if your boyfriend does start to get a little more 'serious', you just don't care any more? It sounds like you're dragging it out for the both of you.

Just throwing in my personal opinion, you understand.

May 17, 2010
I think if you aren't happy being single you shouldn't be in a relationship because it seems to me that you have a personnal problem either about self confidence or with living in your own skin. And being in a relationship won't change that. I think it is fine to have a preference for ebing ina relationship but actually being physically unhappy when you aren't is silly and a bit worrying to me.

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
I am 24, single, and have never been on a date in my entire life and I am happy. I am happy to be single too. Being in a relationships would be a terrible thing for me. I would lose most of my free time and I would have to spend my money on someone other than myself. I intend to stay single till the day I die and I will be damn happy about it.

God's Clown

Aug 8, 2008
I am unhappy with being single. I hate being alone. Yet I can't see myself in a relationship because I am not sure of where my life is, and I don't really want to bring someone into my miserable life hatred. When I turn things around, find a better job, I'll try to find my someone.

2012 Wont Happen

Aug 12, 2009
If I've been generally isolated from friends for a while and I'm sober I feel bad about it.
If I've recently been with friends or if I'm not sober I am perfectly fine with it.

Lately even when sober and alone I've grown more cool with it though.

Rascarin

Feb 8, 2009
I'm always happier in a relationship than single. I like having both sex on tap, and the accompanying emotional stability/support etc.

Braedan

Sep 14, 2010
I have come to the conclusion that being single is precisely as desirable as being in a relationship.

For differing reasons. Reasons that some times clash with each other.

Stg

Jul 19, 2011
I love being a bachelor. Through the past, I've gained about four or five different female friends I can call at almost any night to come over if I'm bored; although half the time, they normally call me asking to sleep over.

However, there is a girl I'm flying down here to visit for a few months who lives out of state. If that turns into a relationship, then so be it. If not, I don't lose out on anything.

My life is pretty awesome right now.