Poll: How Happy Are You Being Single?

Reaper195

Jul 5, 2009
I've been in my relationship for about...a year and a half? Something like that. Didn't have much of a problem being single. Don't have much of a problem not being single. Once you get out there, you realise how sitting there and playing Pokemon, grinding away for a few hours to beat a gym member, is actually fucking pointless when you then go out and skydive.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
I would like to find that special someone, but I'm going to die old and alone and I've made peace with that fact. I'll make do with the happiness I can find with what I have.

ph0b0s123

Jul 7, 2010
Neither happy or unhappy, not an option. Would like to be in a relationship, but not enough that I will get into one with the first person who comes along and have it end up doing my head in. I think you should be able to be content in your own company for periods of time. I feel no pressure to do anything but wait for good potential partners to come along.

I cannot stand people who have to be in a relationship because they cannot stand being single and in their own company, for any length of time. They then complain that all their relationships are bad. Well maybe if you stayed single for a but longer instead of hooking up with the first candidate who comes along....

KefkaCultist

Jun 8, 2010
Well, my answer is a somewhat confusing one. You see, I'm not particularly happy, but it's not really to do with me being single. I'm quite content with the fact that I have great friends, don't have to spend time and money on someone, and don't have to deal with stupid drama.

However, I have a personal conflict going on right now that will completely change my life for better or worse, so I'm more than a little stressed out & unhappy right now.

Jaeke

Feb 25, 2010
Its alright being single...mmm... crab... actually im in the mood for lobster...

Nexxis

Jan 16, 2012
I'm very happy and have no desire to ever have a boyfriend/husband. As much as I love my friends, I also like when we can go back to our own places after a good day and relax. I really don't like being around people for long periods of time or having anyone clinging off of me. I've always been that way even though, when I was a kid, I did want to grow up to be married. I gave it years of thought and decided it just wasn't for me.

Xanthious said:
I do have friends that are married or in serious relationships and wouldn't trade places with any of them. Even the ones that claim to be happy live in a way that would make me wholly miserable.
I've also many around many people who are/were in relationships at some level and all of them have ended up hitting negative points. I've sat through MANY conversations where someone was crying about something relationship related. Guys and girls alike. Maybe if I was around more positive relationships, then I would think differently, but heck, I had other things to stress about and I didn't need that added to it.

Xanthious said:
The bottom line is I don't like sharing. That includes my things, my money, my apartment, or my time. I'm sure there are people out there that are in relationships and are happy as a pig in shit about relinquishing their freedom. As for me though, I'm perfectly happy on my own.
This is pretty much my core reason. I mean, I'd like to believe that I'm a fairly nice person, and I do like sharing from time to time, but only when it's on my terms. I'm protective of my stuff, especially things that have high value to me like my computers, games, money, and living space.
For me, friends, family, and pets are the only individuals I need to be happy.

Bubba Doongai

Sep 3, 2011
I'm single and I'd definitely say I'm happy. It seems healthier to be this way since I can take the attitude of 'I don't need to be in a relationship to be happy but if the opportunity arises I can always take it'. Sounds a lot better to me than desperately seeking relationships, so unstable that to be out of one is enough to make you unhappy.

Brian Hendershot

Mar 3, 2010
I'm pretty unhappy but that may have something to do with my girlfriend breaking up with me less then a month ago for almost no logical reason at all. Also Valentine's Day.

Yeah...normally I'm not unhappy when I'm single..or at the very least, I am okay with it.

Phlakes

Elite Member
Mar 25, 2010
It's been three years since my last relationship, so I've been over that wall for a long time. Not to say I'd rather be single, but I'm fine with it for now.

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
I wouldn't mind having a girlfriend, but at the same time I'm in no rush to be in a relationship with one. I'd figure I'd actually get my life together before I'd do something like that.

So I guess I'll choose the crab leg option.

DVS Storm

Jul 13, 2009
Quite happy yes. After I broke up with my last girlfriend about two years ago, I was constantly looking for a new one for a while. Lately I've realized that I'm happy the way the things are right now. That doesn't mean that I wouldn't want a girlfriend(which I do), but I'm happy as a single too.

winginson

Mar 27, 2011
Generally happy being single, but sometimes I make myself a bit less happy when I think about not being in a relationship.

cthulhumythos

Aug 28, 2009
i actually wouldn't want it any other way. man, to have to share my awesomeness with someone else, that would be crime. :D

Just_A_Glitch

Dec 10, 2009
Had you asked me this a month ago, I would have said "I'm loving it."

Ask me this now, screw single life.

Stravant

May 14, 2011
I really have no problem being single, because being in a relationship would require me to leave my computer, something I try to avoid.

Pretty much me

Zyxx

Jan 25, 2010
Eh. I wouldn't say "happy" but I just don't really care. I have no drive to seek out a relationship, and while I realize I may ultimately be poorer for it, there's no sense in devoting time and energy to such a pursuit if I'm not intrinsically motivated to do so.

Penguin_Factory

Sep 13, 2010
I'm 24 and have never been in a relationship. I would be interested in trying one out if I met the right person, but if I remained single for the rest of my life that would be no big deal. I'm a very solitary person though, I think most people wouldn't feel the same way.

RanD00M

Oct 26, 2008
I don't really know. My mood has been up and down lately, I however have no idea if that has anything to do with not being in a relationship.
This question isn't well pointed at me since I have never even kissed someone, much less been in a relationship.