Poll: POLL: Sci-fi bodymodding. Bio or Mech?

Kais86

May 21, 2008
Regenerating Nanotech mech. Duplicates the functions of being organic without all of the flaws. I do my level best to make sure no one ever knows, because that will get me attacked. Live my life as a normal human. Be somewhat happy.

SteinFaust

Jun 30, 2008
i'd get an Depleted Uranium, EMP hardened mech body. perfect for shrugging off antitank rounds and countering e-warfare.

ultrachicken

Dec 22, 2009
I'd mix them. One arm could be mech and I could have a HUD, while my lungs would be able to breathe anything and my senses could be improved with bio.

RootbeerJello

Jul 19, 2009
Anything deviating from the normal human body, I'd want mechanical. If it's more durable skin, regrow a limb, something that won't be visibly freakish, I'd go with biological.

rddj623

"Breathe Deep, Seek Peace"
Sep 28, 2009
I don't think I'd get anything unless it was to survive or help repair my body from an accident. Though I don't see anything wrong with other people having them. :) I voted mix and match. I think that would be the best option to build the "perfect" you.

Dorian

Jan 16, 2009
I would augment my body with the only chance of survival a life made of squishy organs has.

Mechanical.

No matter what you do or how careful you are, eventually, an organism will die. Machines, on the other hand, can technically live forever with part replacements and upgrades. I agree with Bender on one matter; life is pointless short of immortality. The only true hurdle for that is just brain-to-[storage device here], and from there, it's nothing more than making a computer with robotic arms and wheels.

Oh wait. I got a bit too into it, didn't I? No matter. My points still stands. Besides, at that point I'm able to both overcome the inevitable crippling of carpal tunnel syndrome and also enjoy video games on a level far beyond that which we can comprehend now.

XMark

Jan 25, 2010
Mechanical. Though some bio work would be necessary so that my body doesn't reject it.

Kraiiit

Aug 15, 2010
Irony said:
That's all I can think of now.
I was going to say that! 'Specially the enhanced vision. No more contacts for me! Plus, HUD, no need for goggles while scuba diving or paintballing, optional colour change, or have them flash red when you get pissed... The possibilities for eyes alone are endless!

Raziel_Likes_Souls

Mar 6, 2008
I'll say Mech. It looks aesthetically cleaner to me. It seems like something that can be added on and not resound in your stomach like a wrong note. I'd prefer cybenetic legs over cat-like paws for balance any day.

zyoto12

Aug 23, 2009
Omarr for the win. Don't know if nano counts as mech, but judging from the effects, im calling it a mix.

Sporky111

Digital Wizard
Dec 17, 2008
First of all, Neko-vision sounds awesome. And as a fellow furry, as soon as biological changes get affordable I'll be first in line to get me some upgrades. Tail and paws are first.

On a more practical level, I chose mix-and-match. They both have their strengths and weaknesses, and I won't discriminate against either of them. In the future it will be really useful to be able to directly interface with computers, and I'll want a way to directly link to the system.

But I think prosthetic limbs will become obsolete once we get the technology to regrow body parts. A machine can't have the same feeling of being part of your body, or the same sense of touch. In terms of "upgrading" absolutely, they will only get more sophisticated. But I think for the average amputee a regrown limb will always be more favourable.

Lullabye

Oct 23, 2008
A random person said:
For some reason I trust mechanical modifications more, probably because they're less likely to badly fuck with my DNA. I might accept some bio-mods for perception or strength boosts, though.
Aw, you make bio upgrading sound bad.
I mean, what could possibly go wr-

Okay, okay...[sub]I get it...[/sub]

But yeah, whilst mechanical mods would be easier to fix, also easier to break and stuff. The only way I'd go for it is if it was automail a-la FullMetal Alchemist or iRobot.

Requx

Mar 28, 2010
I think bio could mess your body up more, and mechs are almost ageless. That said Ive always wanted to be a zerg