Poll: Suiting up

Mr Fixit

Oct 22, 2008
I don't mind wearing a suit, I think i look damn good in one, but i've never had one fit me right so in other words i'v never had anything other than something of the shelf. I need to get a proper one for sure.

Sarcastic_Applause

Dec 1, 2010
I dont wear a suit man! Cos it's a noose/leash to show that you work for the MAN maaan! fight the power!

But seriously i like suits, it's just that in circumstances apart from Interviews, weddings, etc, i feel a little unusual wearing them for anything other than for those events.

I really have the urge to put a suit on right now to be honest...

lord.jeff

Oct 27, 2010
I wear ties for work, so I just took to wearing jackets and and vests as a way to have a bit more variety in my attire.

Zorg Machine

Jul 28, 2008
I love suits but I do think that they are for special occasions. I wouldn't walk around in a suit every day (unless i worked as a lawyer or something like that) but nothing suits me like a suit.

Hashime

Jan 13, 2010
I don't even own one. They are expensive and impractical pieces of clothing. I cycle as my method of transportation, so a suit is a bad call, a suit is also a bad call in the labs where I work.

catalyst8

Oct 29, 2008
I attend the massive majority of my social & professional occasions suited, but only wear a tie for weddings, funerals, or black-tie. Unfortunately not only do many people not realize how important it is to dress correctly for a specific occasion, they have no idea how to dress correctly. It someone's going to wear a suit it has to be done correctly or they not only look ridiculous, but frequently cause offence to others.

Some examples which have made me shake my head in dismay include: mismatching belt & shoes, belt instead of braces with a waistcoat, matching handkerchief with shirt &/or tie (the only acceptable match is white), 'comedy' ties, but worst of all, without any exception is

A suit jacket with jeans! This is like seeing a four year old pretending to dress up like an adult. It would be funny if it wasn't so sad. I can almost understand it in the country because not everyone has tweeds, but for an adult in town it's a sad joke. It just occurred to me, it's even sadder than Don Johnson in Miami Vice in the '80s - at least he got paid to dress like that.

Entropywarrior

Aug 9, 2011
I think suits look awesome and I wish I had a job where they were required, that said I almost never get to wear one :(

ChildofGallifrey

May 26, 2008
I'm with you OP. It's definitely not an everyday thing, but I do enjoy putting on a good suit, sometimes for no reason at all. I love having any excuse to wear a tie (bow or regular) and suspenders.

Feel that air of charisma and confidence about him? It's about 38% suit, 62% Tennant, but the suit contributes!

Suits are classy and cool.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
I've only got an old suit that I don't really like, at some point I need to get a new nice fitting suit since I look damn dapper in a suit with my tophat.

Fetzenfisch

Sep 11, 2009
every day. at work, at the university, at clubs. all the time. but at uni the casual combination with hoody under the jacket, but the shirt instead of a tshirt i wear only at big events.
i dont even own a jeans anymore, but 7 different pinstripes
i also wear it to mow the lawn

Lieju

Jan 4, 2009
I wear a suit for formal occasions.
I prefer loose clothing, and comfort over style (except when it comes to hats), but if I ever get married, I'm so dressing up in a tux and a tophat.

I'm female, but you wouldn't catch me dead in a dress.

Bassik

Jun 15, 2011
As often as possible, I just feel more confident wearing one, and my collegues also have a tendency to wear them so it's also a social thing.

Kataskopo

Dec 18, 2009
I normally don't like them, they are uncomfortable and I feel weird in them, but then I heard this phrase, I think from "How I met Your Mother" that said suits are supposed to be comfortable, and if your's is not, then you are not wearing the right suit.

Then a door opened upon we, and there it lay a world were suits and comfortableness could live together in harmony... ahh, what a nice dream.

So yeah, when I improve my student-budget, I'll try to find some good suits that really fits me.

dfphetteplace

Nov 29, 2009
I have to wear a uniform for work, so I try to dress really relaxed on my few days off. I don't mind dressing up, I just rarely have a reason, and after getting off a 72 or 96 hour shift, I don't feel like wearing a tux.