Poll: Why do you swear?

Caliostro

Headhunter
Jan 23, 2008
Because they're words, that serve a purpose, and therefore should be used for said purpose, like all other words.

Why wouldn't you use them?

omega 616

Elite Member
May 1, 2009
I usually use it for emphasis, which is very rarely.

I hate it when people use fuckin' as a "erm", it's just a way of making people keep quite while they think of something to say. How about shutting up and let somebody else go instead of hogging the attention and trying to look fuckin' cool.

Nixzilla

Sith Lord
Jul 21, 2009
My mom swore all the time i never said a word then i made some bad friends and i havent been able to stop sence

Emilox The Great

May 26, 2010
because i say how i feel so if something sucks i would say: this fucking sucks donkey balls.

and if anyone got the slightest bit of problem about it, then go home into your little glass bubble and stay there until you are ready for the real world (or the virtual)

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
Usually as a symptom and expression of pain, anger or frustration. Their isn't a specific reason, it just happens.

Vrach

Jun 17, 2010
For all sorts of reasons, sometimes as an emphasis, sometimes just because I'm used to swearing in that situation, sometimes because I'm pissed etc.

cornmancer

Dec 7, 2009
Because I can really. /shrug
I overuse them (though I've been cutting back lately) but fuck you. If some words offend you, you have issues.

Le_Lisra

norwegian cat
Jun 6, 2009
I'm used to a more rude colloquial speech because of where I was raised.. I never thought about it until I had a girlfriend from more polite circles, where my speech sometimes really offened.

I think thats odd.

Fuckers.

SeanTheSheep

Jun 23, 2009
I swear very occasionally, for emphasis, and do my absolute best to refrain from swearing the rest of the time so it still has impact.

Iggy Rufflebar

Mar 26, 2008
I'm welsh, our version English contains a lot of swears anyway, possibly due to our hated for the english...

crazyfoxdemon

Oct 2, 2009
I'm not sure why I swear... I just do... At least I've gotten better about it... I used to be unable to go 2 sentences without dropping the f bomb or similar... Now I can usually go about 5-6 sentences without dropping one XD