Rumor: PSN Hackers Already Have Third Attack Ready to Go

Cry Wolf

Oct 13, 2010
MelasZepheos said:
Man, these hackers are so clearly the good guys while Sony are so clearly the bad guys.
You're acting as if these hackers have been trying to justify themselves. As far as I knowm that haven't even given a public statement, so what the hell are you on about?

FamoFunk

Dad, I'm in space.
Mar 10, 2010
I don't beleibe it. I feel safe in the knowlage my PSN will be back up very soon.

Outcast107

Mar 20, 2009
FamoFunk said:
I don't beleibe it. I feel safe in the knowlage my PSN will be back up very soon.
Hope is the first step to disappointment!

OT: We shall find out when the time comes.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
Id ont kow why they would announce it. Its not like Sony cant get ready. Contrary to what people think, they are huge and have the power to end some people if they're ready.

But yeah, I hope this turns some of the public opinion against the anti sony view.

Lacsapix said:
It would make more sense if it was against the 360 since sony is a Japanese company.

Jakub324

Jan 23, 2011
If they attack XBOX Live, I'm still safe because I've only ever used pre-paid cards, but I feel SO sorry for those who had their details stolen... Bad luck, guys.

mb16

make cupcakes not bombs
Sep 14, 2008
Mean while in xboxland: "muhahaha i can play games that im already bored of..."
i need to get some new games

yanipheonu

Jan 27, 2010
Man, if you stir up the beehive, you don't go in for more honey.

Personally, I don't think they'd be that stupid, but hey, maybe I'm underestimating just how much these guys hate Sony.

elcamino41383

Mar 24, 2009
Why can't these assholes just stop? This is fucking ridiculous. These people are about as bad as the Westboro dingbats. At the very least Westboro doesn't potentially steal people's money/identities.

YunikoYokai5

Jun 16, 2010
Oh man -__- this just sucks like something horrible just died on my lap. I want access to the store to browse around (and use the store's vouchers you buy in game shops to buy things with. Wised up now).

I pray this doesn't happen to Xbox users. While some of them (sorta) deserve a little something for rubbing it in the faces of us PS3 users, even this is too cruel a punishment. Let's just hope that if this attack does occur (not that I'll be playing online due to uni exams) that some trackers track the bastards down and they get arrested ASAP. I don't know how good the FBI is (being British) but c'mon! Catch these guys already!

rembrandtqeinstein

Sep 4, 2009
Shamus put it best.

"You really don't want to mess with people who install Linux on their PS3."

Oh and also:

[image src="http://i52.tinypic.com/9ao94g.png"]

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
Sparrow said:
For the love of god. What the hell are these people attempting to achieve, other than being giant wankers?
They are trolls... they do because they can and because it hurts.

OT: I don't know about this attack. I imagine that with nobody knowing who actually did this then anyone could start a rumor and have it grow out of control so this could easily just be speculation. I'll have to see what happens.

FungiGamer

Apr 23, 2008
I'm betting they're pulling the same bait-and-switch I'm assuming they did the first time

1) Make everyone monitor Sony like crazy
2) Target someone else (maybe Xbox this time or even the FBI?)
3) Sneak away while no one's looking
4) ??????
5) No profit, only PURE RAGE

Outcast107

Mar 20, 2009
YunikoYokai5 said:
I pray this doesn't happen to Xbox users. While some of them (sorta) deserve a little something for rubbing it in the faces of us PS3 users,
Just want to say, most of the 360 people who are probably rubbing in the PS3 user faces, are getting back at them for rubbing the "free PSN" in our faces. Both sides are at fault but just want to point it out.

Though thanks for saying you hope it doesn't happen to us, though it shouldn't have happen to you guys in the first place. (Though it's Sony fault for having faulty security systems)

Thunderhorse31

Apr 22, 2009
This whole fiasco is like one big car accident - I don't wish harm on anyone and hope it never happens again - but so help me God I can't resist watching the chaos unfold as I pass by.

OpiateChicken

Jul 2, 2009
I didn't read most of this thread, but the fact that people don't know what's going on and can't be arsed to google it before posting in here is making me angry. Let me just quickly tell you why the hackers are doing this.

George Hotz (aka 'geohot'), hacker of iPhones and Playstation 3's, released codes online that would let PS3 users "jailbreak" their consoles; that is to say, it would allow them to run third-party programs on it. Sony didn't like this and eventually forced geohot to take the codes offline. A group, either Anonymous or otherwise, hacked Sony in defense of "free speech".

They aren't cyber-terrorists, really. For one, not one single use of fraudulent credit card use has been reported. No odd activities either. I think Sony is just getting what they deserve, really. And to all of you affected, Sony is giving you a crapload of free stuff anyway, so just relax already.

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
I'd hate for Sony to go through another attack. Seriously, this is getting a little out of hand. What did Sony ever do to these hackers?

Xan Krieger

Completely insane
Feb 11, 2009
harvz said:
maybe sony will get the message, pull the f****ng servers physical connections when you believe a breach is in progress/going to happen/has happened.

it would not shock me if they had some sign that they were being hacked, they wouldn't be so stupid to not have any secu...oh, uh, they were relying completely that the client (ps3) was 100% secure and not "jailbroken", oh dear... run for the hills.

i would like people to note, though i dont have a ps3 (not enough incentive to get me one), probably my favorite console other than the 360 is the ps2.
It's okay, they're new security was to put condoms on the cords before they inserted them.

In all seriousness though, imagine if this happened to Steam. This kinda thing could've happened to anyone because no system is unhackable unless you unplug the whole thing. WoW could've gone down, EVE online (especially EVE because if I remember right it's on just one server), Face of Mankind, or even World of Tanks.

Atheist.

Overmind
Sep 12, 2008
Seriously Sony. Why were you stupid enough to take off the Other OS option, and sue someone for posting your root key that caused the majority of this?

Silly Sony. Good thing I haven't touched my PS3 in a few months, or I'd be pretty pissed right now.