Scott Cawthon (FNaF guy) cancelled

Buyetyen

Elite Member
May 11, 2020
Country
USA
Not saying trump fixed anything btw. But i think it is propaganda about how much they have to fix from trump, especially since a lot of what trump wanted was blocked.
Trump's legislative agenda was frequently stymied but the people he appointed did a lot of damage. Jeff Sessions and Bill Barr moved funding away from investigating domestic terrorism, Ben Carson and Betsy DeVoss rolled back LGBTQ protections at the federal level, Jared Kushner's Middle East peace plan was a failure like everything else he's ever done, and the rotating lineup of fossil fuel stooges Trump appointed the EPA practically destroyed it. And that's not even getting into how McConnell stacked the judiciary with unqualified ideologues.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Avnger

Trash Goblin
Legacy
Apr 1, 2016
Country
United States
And that's not even getting into how McConnell stacked the judiciary with unqualified ideologues.
Ok, so I know this is tangential to the point at large, but this part, right fucking here, drives me entirely insane.

Exactly how unqualified a number of these appointees were cannot be understated. We're talking about people not only who had never been judges before, but people who didn't even have law degrees. We're talking about people who could barely describe the concept of judicial review.

The utterly batshit off-the-walls crazy part is that there are hundreds of perfectly qualified partisan ideologues Trump could have nominated instead. Hell, there are conservative think-tanks like the Federalist Society that literally hand out lists of such people to every Republican politician.

WHY THE FUCK WAS IT NECESSARY TO APPOINT PEOPLE WHO CANT NAME THE THREE BRANCHES OF GOVERNMENT TO LIFETIME JUDGESHIPS?!?!?!

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
I said that this thread hasn't provided evidence of doxxing or death threats. You then accused me of trying to trick you into doxxing somebody, which is an absolutely insane leap of logic you've made, and a disgusting accusation. It doesn't make the slightest fucking bit of sense.
Because your demanding proof in this thread of this happening.
Here's an article saying he was doxed

Here's Kotaku also saying he and his family were doxxed

Or do people need to provide primary sources now?

Oh, fucking spare me. Your last several posts have been nothing but insulting, denigrating, sputtering outrage. You throw personal insult after criminal accusation, and then accuse others of doing exactly what you're doing yourself.

Mindblowing hypocrisy.
So what was all those posts accusing me of holding a position I don't?

Yeh it's performativity outrage on your part as I predicted you'd go for. Oh also I thought you were fine with criminal accusations (Which I have NOT made but don't let that stop you) and saw false criminal accusations as all part of valid criticism because that's what you've been arguing when I've said it's literally liable but no you kept going in words to the effect of "No that's just criticism"
So you're happy to make false allegations against me but are made that you claim I (Despite not having done so) made false criminal accusations against you?
You want to claim I've accused you of criminality.
Quote me.
Quote me doing so.
This will be good to see you try and justify this latest lot of sophistry.
Because for all your claims of hypocrisy you just showed your own here.

It's (C), which is that the premise of this inane question is fawlty to begin with. (C) is that you've been wildly inconsistent, and want to have your cake and eat it: to one moment assure everybody you understand death threats and criticism are entirely separate, and then the next moment conflate them again if it's convenient to slur your opponents.
No as (C) is due to a shocking level of personal incredulity on your part not anything I've actually said. I've been pretty damn clear and to now claim I've been wildly inconsistent in my position is nothing short of gaslighting when saying I draw a line between valid criticism and threats and libel again will now be the 22nd time I've said such a thing in this thread and likely the 15th to 18th time you won't accept it and will once again try to demand I take the strawman position you wish to argue with not my actual position.

You've used this exact line about 4 or 5 times now. If anything, that's more indicative of drunk-posting than anything else so far.
It was me being nice and giving you an easy out to save face and easily justify your antics in here in a way that was something other than malice. So to try and turn it round on me is rather funny and rather does show a level of malice lol

This is context you've projected onto the situation in order to consider the criticism not "valid".
It's the context of the reality of the situation.
"Why won't you do what I want you to" is not valid criticism.
No-one is obliged to hang massive warning labels about the nature of people everywhere.
If you want to argue that is somehow valid criticism then clearly every Hollywood film should start with a 4 hour segment where the actors and director all tell you their full political views to allow you to be warned about them before the film fully starts lol

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Giving money to the democratic party also cause damage to people too. I really don't get how donating to a political party is seen as something you get mad at people for. 150+ million voted for both parties in the election, you gonna get mad at all those people too? Wendy's has donated to republicans, are you not going to eat at Wendy's or get mad at people for going to Wendy's? The Good Place is a show that was literally about this very issue.

I quickly looked up anti-trans bills in the last year or whatever, and like 90% of them were bathrooms and sports. I'm not saying that there aren't any others but this isn't comparable to the Nazis. And if you're donating to a party, not everything they do is on your radar, and trans issues aren't really something most people care about (who cares about who's using the mens/womens bathrooms? like nobody). Thinking Scott or anyone donated to the republicans because they are anti-something when it's probably not even on their radar is massively jumping to conclusions. Do I have to lookup every game I buy to see if the publisher or anyone on the dev team is anti something or donated to a political party? If I go get lunch, do I need to look up if the place donates to a political party? If I buy Jays chips at Kroger, do I have to look into both Jays and Kroger?
Fun fact: I do not eat at Wendy's specifically because of their politics, yes. I do not need to pay for slavery tomatoes. I also do not eat at Chik-Fil-A or shop at Walmart.
And yes, you should fucking look into the people you give money to. Fucking obviously. There might not be any ethical consumption under capitalism but that doesn't mean you shouldn't try to minimize harm. This Radical Centrism bullshit is pathetic. But hey, maybe I should watch more than the first two seasons of The Good Place so I can get my sense of morality and ethics from a sitcom.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Just because you don't give a shit doesn't mean nobody else does.
So you check the political views and donations of every major developer of every game you buy do you?
How about phone makers?
Hope you have one of the few brands that has ethically sourced components (Oddly I have and it wasn't deliberate but will be going forward)

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Fun fact: I do not eat at Wendy's specifically because of their politics, yes. I do not need to pay for slavery tomatoes. I also do not eat at Chik-Fil-A or shop at Walmart.
And yes, you should fucking look into the people you give money to. Fucking obviously. There might not be any ethical consumption under capitalism but that doesn't mean you shouldn't try to minimize harm. This Radical Centrism bullshit is pathetic. But hey, maybe I should watch more than the first two seasons of The Good Place so I can get my sense of morality and ethics from a sitcom.
Right but do you actively hate people that shop, or even work at those places? Do you want them to lose their jobs (the shoppers and workers alike)? Because that is what is happening with Cauthon. He supported something some people didnt like therefore he should step down from his video game career.

I assume this is so that people can still play and buy the games without guilt because the bad man is no longer involved. And is also likely why they want Rowling removed from HP products. It isnt that they dont want HP books or games, it is that they dont want Rowling a part of it.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Right but do you actively hate people that shop, or even work at those places? Do you want them to lose their jobs (the shoppers and workers alike)? Because that is what is happening with Cauthon. He supported something some people didnt like therefore he should step down from his video game career.

I assume this is so that people can still play and buy the games without guilt because the bad man is no longer involved. And is also likely why they want Rowling removed from HP products. It isnt that they dont want HP books or games, it is that they dont want Rowling a part of it.
So now we're back to "should people be forced to buy a thing made by a person they don't like". Because what you saw happen was a *boycott*. Should people not be allowed to boycott Wendys or Walmart or Five Nights At Freddys? Am I doing a cancel culture by not buying FNaF during the Steam Summer Sale? Am I doing a cancel culture if I say why I'm not buying FNaF during the Steam Summer Sale? You slag off on games and people and trends you don't like all the time, are you doing a cancel culture to, say, some ladies on Twitch? Or game developers making games that anybody can play? Or character designers making the wrong kind of beefy lady?

Lotta people like Enders Game. Lotta people don't like Orson Scott Card. Some people would like to have a way to obtain Enders Game without giving money to Orson Scott Card

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
So now we're back to "should people be forced to buy a thing made by a person they don't like". Because what you saw happen was a *boycott*. Should people not be allowed to boycott Wendys or Walmart or Five Nights At Freddys? Am I doing a cancel culture by not buying FNaF during the Steam Summer Sale? Am I doing a cancel culture if I say why I'm not buying FNaF during the Steam Summer Sale? You slag off on games and people and trends you don't like all the time, are you doing a cancel culture to, say, some ladies on Twitch?
No-one is arguing people should be forced to buy something.
In this case people want to have their cake and eat it.
They want to carry on buying Harry Potter stuff and enjoying it but for J.K.Rowling not to make 1 cent off it.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
So a whole bunch of people saying "well I'm not giving FNaF another dime as long as that guy is in charge." is none of our business. This is the free market at work. New Coke tastes like ass? Don't give them your money. I haven't spent a penny on amazon since 2019 because fuck Jeff Bezos. I buy my groceries in the local butcher and green grocer because fuck tesco. I go to a not-for profit gym run by an elected committee of members because fuck Ben Dunne. I mean there's a lot of shitty companies I do support just because living in the world and not giving money to a shitty company is basically impossible so we all have to choose what brand of shitty we don't buy. Some people don't buy this guys brand of shitty. Easy for me to do because his games are garbage.
Yeah but, that still doesn’t explain how or why a F2P game like Fortnite has players spending more per capita than a normally full priced game.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
So now we're back to "should people be forced to buy a thing made by a person they don't like".
No we aren't. That has nothing to do with being forced. You can not like Wendy's and not support them but that doesn't mean that the people who still eat and work there are "forced" to do so. So that wasn't the question I asked.

Don't eat where you don't want, don't shop, and don't buy media products made by the people you don't like. That's fine.

But should the people that continue to do those things be hated for doing so? Are you going to hate a Mom who just wants to get their kids to read, because she bought a children's wizard story? Are you going to hate a construction worker who just wants some spicy nuggets?

Because that is the root of all this "cancely" bullshit.

It's people who don't like a thing and therefore nobody else should be allowed to do so. At least that is one side of it.

The other side, is like I said, people who still want to love and enjoy Harry Potter but can't because of some morality towards Rowling (or whatever the creator might be). So they feel that is they get that person to loose their job, then they can freely buy the product because the big bad orange man is now no longer involved.

Last edited:

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
No we aren't. That has nothing to do with being forced. You can not like Wendy's and not support them but that doesn't mean that the people who still eat and work there are "forced" to do so. So that wasn't the question I asked.

Don't eat where you don't want, don't shop, and don't buy media products made by the people you don't like. That's fine.

But should the people that continue to do those things be hated for doing so? Are you going to hate a Mom who just wants to get their kids to read, because she bought a children's wizard story? Are you going to hate a construction worker who just wants some spicy nuggets?

Because that is the route of all this "cancely" bullshit.

It's people who don't like a thing and therefore nobody else should be allowed to do so. At least that is one side of it.

The other side, is like I said, people who still want to love and enjoy Harry Potter but can't because of some morality towards Rowling (or whatever the creator might be). So they feel that is they get that person to loose their job, then they can freely buy the product because the big bad orange man is now no longer involved.
I'll worry about that slippery slope as soon as it exists.
It's a logical fallacy for a reason.

Hey, how about that question of if your public criticisms about dooming various industries and platforms are cancel culture or not? Any thots on that?

Reactions: BrawlMan

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
Just because you don't give a shit doesn't mean nobody else does.
You can't give a shit about literally everything. What if you want a gaming PC and both Nvidia and AMD donated money to someone you don't like, are you not going to get/build a gaming PC? I bet there's tons of things you've bought where some of that money has gone to things you would prefer it not go to.

Yes.

No. Nobody is saying that everyone has to. It's the consumer's choice to do so.
Have fun being angry all the time then.

The problem is people are getting offended by people living normal lives and being good people.

That Republicans actively want to make life worse for marginalized people should be enough, but there are plenty of other things they do that I hate them before. There's a lot more going on than you imagine.
So do Democrats...

Most Republicans in the Republican party care about screwing everyone they consider beneath them and each other over. You have a few sensible ones (very few), that's it. Don't forget that they are afraid to offend any remaining Trump supporters, and are trying to rewrite January 6 like nothing happened or that it was a minor disagreement. Even though everybody saw what the fuck happended! They're literally trying to lie to the entire world or make the Trump supporters egos feel a bit better. Willing to suck their genitals, because they're afraid to take a stand or fight for something other than greed and shallowness.

There's a reason 40,000 US citizens either quit or wanted nothing to do with the Republican party. Either they remain neutral, went democratic, or just went to a different party all together cuz of that broken pedalstal. The Republicans made their job too easy for that one to happen.
SO DO DEMOCRATS!!!

I don't like Hillary Clinton, but I would not call her Satan in a tracksuit. That's an insult to both parties. Biden and Harris are at least trying to fix the shit, Trump fucked up. Which would not be needed in the first place, because Obama actually tried (and did) to fix another Republican screw ups. Look, I'm more than aware of that Democratic party has it screw ups and assholes as well, but they at least try and get crap done. When I last check, you didn't see 40,000 US citizens leave the Democratic party en masse for a good reason.
When that medical for all coming...? What is Biden currently working on that will ensure every American has healthcare in a pandemic?

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
You can't give a shit about literally everything. What if you want a gaming PC and both Nvidia and AMD donated money to someone you don't like, are you not going to get/build a gaming PC? I bet there's tons of things you've bought where some of that money has gone to things you would prefer it not go to.

Have fun being angry all the time then.

The problem is people are getting offended by people living normal lives and being good people.

So do Democrats...

SO DO DEMOCRATS!!!

When that medical for all coming...? What is Biden currently working on that will ensure every American has healthcare in a pandemic?
"You are not allowed to get mad at anything unless you get mad at everything" is not the knockout argument you're pretending it is.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Hey, how about that question of if your public criticisms about dooming various industries and platforms are cancel culture or not? Any thots on that?
How is that cancel culture? Nobody is saying those people should be removed from the platform (aka fired from their jobs). The demand is that Twitch uphold it's own rules and control how the streams are showcased. What is even your point here?

Reactions: Dwarvenhobble

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
The point of the show is that the kinda of society we live in, it's impossible to be "good" because there's so many moving parts. Is it my fault that for owning a computer that you probably can't have if you want to contribute to no harm whatsoever? Is it my fault for driving a car that emits carbon when as a society would should've moved well passed gas engines a long time ago but that was basically out of any one person's control and they need to provide for themselves and their family?

"You are not allowed to get mad at anything unless you get mad at everything" is not the knockout argument you're pretending it is.
Not my logic at all. You can get mad at the things that do a lot of harm and not get mad at minor issues. People are getting mad at minor fucking issues that is completely unreasonable to expect others to concern themselves about. Like if co-workers want to get lunch and you're like I can't go to Wendy's or all these other places because they donated to republicans or democrats, looks like you ain't getting lunch with your co-workers then. It's enough to get everyone agree with where to go just based on the food itself let alone this social justice warrior bullshit.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
The point of the show is that the kinda of society we live in, it's impossible to be "good" because there's so many moving parts. Is it my fault that for owning a computer that you probably can't have if you want to contribute to no harm whatsoever? Is it my fault for driving a car that emits carbon when as a society would should've moved well passed gas engines a long time ago but that was basically out of any one person's control and they need to provide for themselves and their family?
Donating to political candidates is not out of your control. Kinda the opposite
Not my logic at all. You can get mad at the things that do a lot of harm and not get mad at minor issues. People are getting mad at minor fucking issues that is completely unreasonable to expect others to concern themselves about. Like if co-workers want to get lunch and you're like I can't go to Wendy's or all these other places because they donated to republicans or democrats, looks like you ain't getting lunch with your co-workers then. It's enough to get everyone agree with where to go just based on the food itself let alone this social justice warrior bullshit.
Okay, then I don't go get fast food with my coworkers sometimes. And if they ask why, I tell them.

This is not a big deal

Reactions: Buyetyen

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
How is that cancel culture? Nobody is saying those people should be removed from the platform (aka fired from their jobs). The demand is that Twitch uphold it's own rules and control how the streams are showcased. What is even your point here?
Aka, they should be removed from the platform. I can quote you, if you want, back when it was hot tubs and bikinis

Meanwhile, there's no general effort in getting FNaF removed from storefronts

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Aka, they should be removed from the platform. I can quote you, if you want, back when it was hot tubs and bikinis
Removed from the platform if that's the content they want to continue to make. Not removed from Twitch period. The funny thing is, those girls don't give a fuck about the content they make. They'll do literally anything to make the cash, including pushing, bending, or outright breaking any rule they can get away with. If twitch told them to fullstop knock it off, they'd be right back to doing normal ASMR and whatever the fuck else.

Meanwhile, there's no general effort in getting FNaF removed from storefronts
Don't have to because the evil creator has stepped away from the games, therefore they socially safe to purchase again. That's how this works.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Removed from the platform if that's the content they want to continue to make. Not removed from Twitch period. The funny thing is, those girls don't give a fuck about the content they make. They'll do literally anything to make the cash, including pushing, bending, or outright breaking any rule they can get away with. If twitch told them to fullstop knock it off, they'd be right back to doing normal ASMR and whatever the fuck else.
"Personally I think this sort of streaming doesn't really belong on Twitch"
They weren't breaking the rules and you wanted them canceled anyway, forced to censor their content

But it's not canceling when you do it.
Don't have to because the evil creator has stepped away from the games, therefore they socially safe to purchase again. That's how this works.
So, you're really mad that the FNaF guy...retired and is still getting paid for games he made?
I am genuinely confused by this argument. Is that cancel culture? Retiring with royalties?

Attachments

Kwak

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2014
Country
People are getting mad at minor fucking issues that is completely unreasonable to expect others to concern themselves about.
To some people, these are important issues. It is unreasonable to expect others to get fired up over things not important to them, but it is just as unreasonable to declare they shouldn't find these things personally important.