Seriously, we're barely a day into the new year and I'm already getting questioned by the police

Jou

Dec 9, 2007
MurderousToaster said:
SmartIdiot said:
You're generalising a whole people based on the off-coast islands (Which you can relate to in terms of racial awareness as a bit like middle England). I'd just like it if you'd not get so ragey at everyone in Scotland who you consider "too pissed to know what they're talking about". That's exactly why people in Scotland dislike the English, you're always stereotyping us.
Oh, hello pot. That is kettle.

anthony87

Aug 13, 2009
Well I'm from Ireland, more specificly Dublin and I've never had any trouble with people of other nationalities. On the other hand I have been stopped and searched by the police a couple of times but I don't let it get to me, in face I've adopted the mindset that I'm a suspicious looking person in general what with the mane of hair, dark eyes and scruffy beard/stubble.

stone0042

Apr 10, 2009
Jou said:
MurderousToaster said:
SmartIdiot said:
You're generalising a whole people based on the off-coast islands (Which you can relate to in terms of racial awareness as a bit like middle England). I'd just like it if you'd not get so ragey at everyone in Scotland who you consider "too pissed to know what they're talking about". That's exactly why people in Scotland dislike the English, you're always stereotyping us.
Oh, hello pot. That is kettle.
Very well put, if I do say so myself

magnuslion

Jun 16, 2009
get a big scary Roman friend who will beat up assholes for you. it seems to work for all my friends.
OT: no. Im huge, white, and blond/blue eyed. In america, that means the only shit I deal with is from white supremacist types when they find out Im half Jew, and I don't take any shit from those motherfuckers.

Augg

Mar 4, 2009
I'm a mut lol, I have a bit of almost every European nationality in me, then a bit of Cree
Living in Canada the only people I get shit from are some (Emphasis on SOME) first generation Arabs. But I have a ton of friends from India and Bangladesh

Edit:
LostProxy said:
Jaranja said:
That's absolutely outrageous.

I was arrested, charged with assault. Here's what happened:

Normal day at school, talking with the lads, just generally larking around. I knocked into a girl in the year below and, being the gentleman that I am, immediately apologized. She slapped me around the face and I took it and went back to my friends.

Later, I was walking home from school and she was coming up behind me. I started walking a bit faster because I'm not getting involved in that kind of that thing! She started running and pushed me forward. I turned around to face her and asked her what she wanted. She slapped me once more, shouting profanities. I pushed her back and she fell to the floor. I then walked off and got my bus home.

The next morning I'm rudely awakened by the police. I'm taken down to the police station for 5 hours! A day wasted for not letting some ***** push me around!
Wait so she started it and you got charged? Wtf?
Most of the time the first person to go to the cops and complain has the upper hand in this situation. She probably went crying and moaning to them about how you tried to beat her up.

PlainTwo

Aug 15, 2009
Well that doesn't sound fun at all. I'd say move, but it's not just easy to up and leave.

As for me, I'm white living in Canada, so no, I have never been discriminated against, nor discriminated anyone. Where I live I find is generally quite tolerant.

CymTyr

Mar 22, 2009
I've been a victim of racism for being white in some of the areas I've lived in the US. It happens to all of us, no matter which race you are, just depends on where you're at on whether it happens to you or not.

BillyShakes

Oct 29, 2009
I've had situations where the police love to question me at times.
One time a friend and myself were in a park in a neighbouring town, sitting on the steps of the clocktower overlooking a pond, which is essentially a large park bench for everyone in town, and the police started questioning me as to my intentions.
The "struck me a deal;" if they ran my name and it came up clean, they wouldn't search the bag I always carry. How unfortunate for those pricks* that I've not been charged with anything in my life.
*I deeply respect law enforcement, but not when the officers are making jokes at my expense in the process of questioning me.

JMV

Sep 25, 2009
Wait, wait. All of this happens, you're obviously upset, and the first thing that comes to your mind after smashing your phone is coming here and starting a discussion? Awesome.

Anyway, here in Portugal our a-holes usually are all talk, so even if they are racist they eventually just shut up because they're too afraid of getting their butt kicked. It's a very nice place to live, even though crime has gone up a bit since the financial crisis began. Oh, and that has it very hard here.

Zing

Oct 22, 2009
Sorry I can't say I have...

Then again...Australians are only racist against everyone else(or so I'm told)..

paroxysm11

Jun 19, 2009
That's never really been a problem for me. I was born in the Bay Area (California, USA) and moved to London (Camden area), lived there for six years. Then moved to Dundee (Scotland), no problems there. I have since moved back to San Jose (about 40 miles S of San Francisco) in the South Bay (pretty much the PC capital of the world) and there have been absolutely no problems, especially due to my rather odd mix of accents.
People of other races and cultures get the exact same treatment here and everyone is accepted. Unfortunately, the teachers and administrators are terrified of making some slip-up in speech and somehow offending somebody and have that somebody lodge a racism complaint.

feather240

Jul 16, 2009
Zing said:

Then again...Australians are only racist against everyone else(or so I'm told)..
...but doesn't everyone think Australians are awesome, or are they like the Irish where only Americans think that? I mean they've got the best accents ever, tons of beaches, and their the descendants of criminals! It's like heaven, but really warm and with trees that release highly flammable gasses, also there's horrifying giant spiders that kill birds.

Mushroomfreak111

Oct 24, 2009
Yah, people will do that... A friend of mine tends to get a lot of crap cause he's appearance is Asian (lived here all his life tho). He usually doesn't say anything but once in school I told the guys that bullied him to fuck off which resulted in them attacking me and I fought back and ended in the principals office. 3 days suspension, was my dad angry or what^^. I'm not in school anymore tho, so we don't hear that anymore, just kids being asses I guess... (until then I thought suspension was something they only had in movies XD)

Zing

Oct 22, 2009
feather240 said:
Zing said:

...but doesn't everyone think Australians are awesome, or are they like the Irish where only Americans think that? I mean they've got the best accents ever, tons of beaches, and their the descendants of criminals! It's like heaven, but really warm and with trees that release highly flammable gasses, also there's horrifying giant spiders that kill birds.
Yeah, that sounds about right.

Btw, "warm" is more like "really fucking hot". So glad I got a/c this year.

feather240

Jul 16, 2009
Zing said:
feather240 said:
Zing said:

You guys should colonize Antarctica, seriously.

Zing

Oct 22, 2009
feather240 said:
Zing said:
feather240 said:
Zing said:

You guys should colonize Antarctica, seriously.
Yeah...damn Antarctic Treaty.