Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
erttheking said:
Aerosteam said:
erttheking said:
Get deez animus outta ma World War.
I have to ask, would you prefer it if it went with a different art style? Also do you feel the same about Valiant Hearts?
The art style isn't a problem. I actually really like the art style. My issue is with the tone.
I kind of agree with you. It feels kind of all over the place in tone, with having depictions of Darcen Hunts, concentration camps and war crimes side by side with "Hey, let's all go to the beach and hang out in our swimsuits" and the general lightness of a lot of the character moments.

Not to mention the story was interesting enough without having having a super-powered lady who can blow up tanks just by looking at them running around.

The giant tanks, I can deal with, because the nazis actually had plans for such ridiculous weapons and it wouldn't be the first WW2 game to do wierd, super vehicles by a long shot. It's just the whole supernatural thing feels wierdly out of place(despite the forshadowing earlier in the game).

Rozalia1

Mar 1, 2014
NuclearKangaroo said:
lets apply the exact same rules you used to make this list to PC, namely, re-releases, multiplatform and games with poor critical reception count

overall each platforms hold the following number of JRPGs this year

PSVITA: 9
PS3: 9
PC: 7
3DS: 4
PS4: 1
Natural Doctrine is on PS3 also so if your figures are accurate and I'll not bother to check than it'd put PS3 at 10.
Except you see:

Valkyria Chronicles
Final Fantasy IV
Dragon Quest X (PC version came out in 2013, 3DS was 2014...and I made a mistake as the game is JP exclusive so we have to throw it out)
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky (came out on PC in 2006, only included due to recently coming out elsewhere)
Half-Minute Hero: The Second Coming
Final Fantasy 3
Final Fantasy 13

So make that 5. 1 of which is "exclusive".

gmaverick019 said:
now I don't want to get inbetween your argument, but this is a bit...dishonest, or biased at least, to quote vgchartz when comparing console and pc's sales, as they don't include digital sales...Which on the pc, digital sales pretty much dominate absurdly over physical sales.

http://www.pcr-online.biz/news/read/digital-sales-make-up-92-of-global-game-revenues/034551

Therefore trying to use vgchartz for any sort of accuracy in that regard is absurd, I could've told you that even without that source.
... You surprised me, I really should have seen that one coming. Listen I've had that article thrown at me a great many times. Its simply not credible as it includes digital only titles such as the free to play titles which it admits dwarf everything else massively.

NuclearKangaroo

Feb 7, 2014
Rozalia1 said:
... ... ... I'm sorry what? Why do you believe that is a counterpoint in any way?
how are many JRPGs being released this year not a counter point to your claim that JRPGs are not being released in significant numbers on PC?

Rozalia1 said:
So you're narrowing down the platforms to try and help yourself. Won't work even if I were to let you.
fine lets include them too, when people talk about consoles they usually mean home consoles

Rozalia1 said:
NuclearKangaroo said:
"You keep making it out like VC on one platform outsold Unity across all which no is not the case. "

no, YOU are putting words in my mouth, try reading the thread name

"Six Year Old JRPG Beats Assassins Creed Unity in Steam Charts"
Than why bloody hell would you follow up with trying to make me answer a question on Grimlock outselling battlefield on consoles? The difference between outselling a big title on PC, and on consoles is a staggering difference.
i meant any console

as for a staggering difference, it depends on what type of game you are talking about

Rozalia1 said:
NuclearKangaroo said:
haha sure did we suddently forget steam has over 100 million active users? in what universe topping the charts in such platform is not impressive, but hell forget assasin's creed and cod, theres still five nights at freddies and the binding of issac rebirth, both HUGE game on PC, no matter how you look at it VC topping the charts is impressive, deal with it
What does that have to do with anything. You addressed none of the 5 points I sent your way, instead pulling a #Dealwithit (can I expect a #Suckmyballs too if you're going to be like Batista about it?).
Not even a need to address the two games you've brought up its really quite irrelevant.
the point is that EVEN if what you say is right (and ill take it with a grain of salt because we dont know ubi's numbers yet and their games dont do particulary bad on PC) we are still talking about steam, ANYTHING topping the charts there is an achivement

Rozalia1 said:
NuclearKangaroo said:
so let me see, you use a list that combines the releases of 4 DIFFERENT PLATFORMS, with 2 games not released on 2014, some not localized, and many, MANY of them with poor critical reception, to attack my argument? good job

not to mention you ignore FF3, FF13, FF13-2, Valkyria Chronicles (what was this thread about again?), not to mention you belittle those PC releases for being re-releses, yetmore than one title on your list is a re-release
... No. I told you I only used games which have been brought over (no Japan exclusives), secondly yeah I made a mistake with A Promise Revisited as I forgot A Promise Revisited was the 2014 version. Sorcery Saga: Curse of the Great Curry God is 2014 for Europe so yes it did release this year. As for poor critical reception...what? What does that matter exactly? They are JRPGs which is what I'm listing.

Nice job but you should really go over my post again after you posted because Valkyria Chronicles. FF3 and FF13 are genuine misses on my part, but FF13-2 has yet to release. I said this year, but I discounted all those that have yet to release which I made quite clear at the top of the list before you accuse me of any trickery.
Also those re-releases you're talking about have exclusive content and are listed as separate titles in technicality.
also you included Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth on your list, that game comes out on november 25th, like i said, your list is horribly biased

if we apply the exact same rules you applied to PC, this is the overal number of JRPGs released (and yet to be released) on each platform in 2014:

PS3: 8

PC is only 2 games behing the vita and 1 game behind the PS3, for a platform that traditionally almost never gets any JRPGs, this is beyond acceptable and clearly shows a trends of more and more JRPGs being released on the platform

Rozalia1 said:
NuclearKangaroo said:
even if you fail to acknowledge those game still sell truckloads on PC, the game is still topping the biggest gaming platform on earth and outselling popular PC games

and like i said, that list is HORRIBLY biased
... Truckloads... don't think that means what you think.
Still topping? You saying its still at the top...? No it isn't.

No it isn't, its actually very charitable as I didn't include games exclusive to Japan, or games that will release this year (PC has like 1, PS3 alone has like half a dozen which are exclusives to boot).
i meant still topping as in the fact the game topped the chart still remains, ok probably not the best use of words

yes your list is horribly biased, including games not released this year, games exclusive to japan, games not yet released, and the list combined the released of 4 platforms agaisnt PC alone

4 platforms vs 1, how is that not biased?

NuclearKangaroo

Feb 7, 2014
Rozalia1 said:
NuclearKangaroo said:
lets apply the exact same rules you used to make this list to PC, namely, re-releases, multiplatform and games with poor critical reception count

overall each platforms hold the following number of JRPGs this year

PS3: 9
Natural Doctrine is on PS3 also so if your figures are accurate and I'll not bother to check than it'd put PS3 at 10.
Except you see:

Valkyria Chronicles
Final Fantasy IV
Dragon Quest X (PC version came out in 2013, 3DS was 2014...and I made a mistake as the game is JP exclusive so we have to throw it out)
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky (came out on PC in 2006, only included due to recently coming out elsewhere)
Final Fantasy 3
Final Fantasy 13

So make that 5. 1 of which is "exclusive".
Valkyria Chronicles
Final Fantasy IV
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky
Final Fantasy 3
Final Fantasy 13

those are 6 games, and you said 5

also sure the PS3 gets 10 games IF YOU COUNT THE GAME THAT WAS RELEASED ON 2011 AND NOT 2014

also you try to shot down tits, despite the fact some games on your list came out on japan in 2013, so by your own logic they shouldnt be included, not to mention the devs of tits actually made a lot of improvement for the game besides a mere localization, the game supports HD resolutions, controllers and has ALL the improvements that were included on the PSP release, si not the same game that was released in 2006

you wont include FF13-2 on the list because its not out yet, but you will include persona Q on your list despite not being out yet

your huge bias shows rozalia

Rozalia1

Mar 1, 2014
NuclearKangaroo said:
... Quote has 7 games, 2 of which I discounted due to one being JP exclusive, and the other not coming out for PC in 2014. So that is 5...5...5... Three ain't enough man, I need five... sorry.

NuclearKangaroo said:
also sure the PS3 gets 10 games IF YOU COUNT THE GAME THAT WAS RELEASED ON 2011 AND NOT 2014
Did I not tell you I didn't check your figures, I'd have thought you'd take it out but whatever 9/10 its not worth shouting at me in all caps over.

NuclearKangaroo said:
also you try to shot down tits, despite the fact some games on your list came out on japan in 2013, so by your own logic they shouldnt be included, not to mention the devs of tits actually made a lot of improvement for the game besides a mere localization, the game supports HD resolutions, controllers and has ALL the improvements that were included on the PSP release, si not the same game that was released in 2006
How many times do I have to say it? I'm not counting Japan, I'm counting their releases here in the west. If the game is released in 2012 but only debuts here in 2014 than naturally I'm including that as a 2014 release as I am entirely discounting Japan (though yes I made a couple of mistakes which have been corrected).
It was released on PC in 2006, I'm not purposely discounting it.

NuclearKangaroo said:
you wont include FF13-2 on the list because its not out yet, but you will include persona Q on your list despite not being out yet
How about that, it releases this month.

NuclearKangaroo said:
PC gets 1 "exclusive" new JRPG and I'm suddenly supposed to believe that all the new JRPGs are now suddenly going to start popping up on PC? I'd hope someone else could dispel the illusion for you as you clearly see me as an enemy with posts like that, but this isn't exactly a place for JRPG players (and you've admitted to not being one) so whatever. You can agree with Bo Dallas all you like, I'm not going to.

balladbird

Master of Lancer
Legacy
Jan 25, 2012
Country
United States
erttheking said:
I know I'm extremely in the minority here but...not a fan of Valkyria Chronicles. A friend and I play it on her system and it is way too cutesy. And I like a lot of cutesy JRPGs but this just goes a little too far. Then again that might have something to do with a lot of the cutesy JRPGs I like take place in fantasy settings, where as this one is based on a war that actually happened...I think that might be my problem. Such cutesy crap with a war that actually happened leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Especially when they try and work in the holocaust. Also the combat can get really frustrating later on.

I'm rambling really, I don't hate the game, I just feel the need to explain why I don't like it, seeing as how I'm alone on that front.

Still if people like it, I'm glad they do.
You're not wrong in your assessment, but eh, personally I feel that the occasional cutesy RPG helps lighten the mood, especially with WRPGs trying so hard to be "OMG! So grimdark and mature!" these days.

as to the news itself, it made me happy, if for no other reason than for seeing the gaming community reward a legitimately novel title instead of the latest in a line of never-ending sequels, if only for a moment.

...though no post I make in a thread about SEGA is complete without a complaint about no export on Yakuza 5 so... obligatory complaint about SEGA's asinine export policy here.

clippen05

Jul 10, 2012
I mean I don't play JRPGS very often; it's my least favorite genre of games. (Although I did play VC) but I do know that many people are turned off of PC because there aren't many JRPGS ported to the platform. Maybe this will show the big name publishers that PC gamers do want these games and its a sizeable market. Then maybe more companies will bring their JRPGS to PC; less exclusives is a win for everyone.

Or maybe AC: Unity is just utter shite. Or maybe a bit of both?

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
balladbird said:
erttheking said:
I know I'm extremely in the minority here but...not a fan of Valkyria Chronicles. A friend and I play it on her system and it is way too cutesy. And I like a lot of cutesy JRPGs but this just goes a little too far. Then again that might have something to do with a lot of the cutesy JRPGs I like take place in fantasy settings, where as this one is based on a war that actually happened...I think that might be my problem. Such cutesy crap with a war that actually happened leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Especially when they try and work in the holocaust. Also the combat can get really frustrating later on.

I'm rambling really, I don't hate the game, I just feel the need to explain why I don't like it, seeing as how I'm alone on that front.

You're not wrong in your assessment, but eh, personally I feel that the occasional cutesy RPG helps lighten the mood, especially with WRPGs trying so hard to be "OMG! So grimdark and mature!" these days.

as to the news itself, it made me happy, if for no other reason than for seeing the gaming community reward a legitimately novel title instead of the latest in a line of never-ending sequels, if only for a moment.

...though no post I make in a thread about SEGA is complete without a complaint about no export on Yakuza 5 so... obligatory complaint about SEGA's asinine export policy here.
I'm not saying everything needs to be totally grimdark...but it is possible to go way too far in the other direction. I feel like the game does this. I heavily support the concept of characters kicking back and shooting the shit, but the thing is that I want them to feel like actual human beings while they do it and not like they're just going through the phases of typical anime cute things or something of the like. Heck, a good writer can use down moments to A. build character B. lighten the tone C. actually use it to show how serious the war is because people are trying so hard to get away from it. You can have people taking down time without being completely blind to the horrors going on in the world.

Might be a bad time to mention that the game has two sequels.

balladbird

Master of Lancer
Legacy
Jan 25, 2012
Country
United States
erttheking said:
I'm not saying everything needs to be totally grimdark...but it is possible to go way too far in the other direction. I feel like the game does this. I heavily support the concept of characters kicking back and shooting the shit, but the thing is that I want them to feel like actual human beings while they do it and not like they're just going through the phases of typical anime cute things or something of the like. Heck, a good writer can use down moments to A. build character B. lighten the tone C. actually use it to show how serious the war is because people are trying so hard to get away from it. You can have people taking down time without being completely blind to the horrors going on in the world.

True, but arguing where the line that separates the categories exists pushes the discussion into subjective territory. VC 1 was, for me, about as far into the "cutesy" side of things as a war story is able to go that I could tolerate and still take the narrative seriously. If you didn't I respect your opinion, though.

I'd definitely recommend staying away from the sequel, if the first game was too light-hearted for you, though. XD It takes the premise of a civil war/public uprising based around the desire for ethnic cleansing... and sets it up in a Yugioh(!) GX-style high school drama.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
balladbird said:
erttheking said:

True, but arguing where the line that separates the categories exists pushes the discussion into subjective territory. VC 1 was, for me, about as far into the "cutesy" side of things as a war story is able to go that I could tolerate and still take the narrative seriously. If you didn't I respect your opinion, though.

I'd definitely recommend staying away from the sequel, if the first game was too light-hearted for you, though. XD It takes the premise of a civil war/public uprising based around the desire for ethnic cleansing... and sets it up in a Yugioh(!) GX-style high school drama.
Yeah. I feel like if it had pulled back just a bit, taken the serious scenes a bit more serious and made the down scenes feel a little more real, I would've liked the game a lot more.

...Fuck what?

balladbird

Master of Lancer
Legacy
Jan 25, 2012
Country
United States
erttheking said:
...Fuck what?
Honestly, Yugioh GX is just about the best comparison that can be made, because if you laid the plots over one-another they'd almost line up perfectly.

VC2 stars a book-dumb, but fiery and optimistic teenager who joins a prestigious school and is immediately put into slifer re... erm, I mean "Class G", the bottom-of-the-barrel, no respect class where all the washouts who only barely made it in are collected. However, it turns out that our MC is actually an unnaturally gifted soldier and able to encourage his classmates to such an extent that in no time they're comparable to the elites...

oh! and did I mention that all the characters you can fight with are now basically the same archetypes you'd get in a high school anime? You've got the juvenile delinquent with the hidden heart of gold, the gutsy idiot protagonist with his stoic best friend, the passionate newspaper-club writer, the moe-moe bookworm, etc, etc. Also, the threat of death is completely removed, even if an enemy unit touches a downed ally first, or too many turns pass, they only become "hospitalized" and unavailable for a few weeks.

oh oh! and all of this is in the backdrop of a civil war that erupts due to events and revelations at the end of the first game, and is inter-cut with missions where you frequently have to stop the rebel army from acting out mass-exterminations on unarmed civilians, carrying out a coup d'etat that would leave the country in chaos if it were to succeed, and performing human experiments for the sake of creating super weapons.

Granted, I know the mini-rant I just typed up makes it seem like I hated the game, but I didn't... I loved VC1, and really liked VC2, but there's no denying there are some issues with uneven tone in both games, and the sequel definitely took all the weaknesses of the first game's story and exacerbated them.

I hear the 3rd game took everything back in the right direction, but as I haven't played it due to SEGA being balls at exporting, I can't comment.

Sep 14, 2009
Rozalia1 said:
gmaverick019 said:
now I don't want to get inbetween your argument, but this is a bit...dishonest, or biased at least, to quote vgchartz when comparing console and pc's sales, as they don't include digital sales...Which on the pc, digital sales pretty much dominate absurdly over physical sales.

http://www.pcr-online.biz/news/read/digital-sales-make-up-92-of-global-game-revenues/034551

Therefore trying to use vgchartz for any sort of accuracy in that regard is absurd, I could've told you that even without that source.
... You surprised me, I really should have seen that one coming. Listen I've had that article thrown at me a great many times. Its simply not credible as it includes digital only titles such as the free to play titles which it admits dwarf everything else massively.
I'm not trying to say that the article I sourced is the end all be all source, nor is it 100% accurate, just that the vgchartz source is to be taken with a massive grain of salt as it doesn't include digital sales, which is PC's biggest market by far, so it was a bit unfair of you to quote it in favor of consoles when it's merely counting physical sales.

by all means, carry on with whatever you guys were discussing, the link for some reason caught my eye when I was scrolling since it's vgchartz, which nearly always raises a red flag in my head.

NuclearKangaroo

Feb 7, 2014
Rozalia1 said:
NuclearKangaroo said:
... Quote has 7 games, 2 of which I discounted due to one being JP exclusive, and the other not coming out for PC in 2014. So that is 5...5...5... Three ain't enough man, I need five... sorry.
no, it has 7 games, only 1 of which is not avaliable on the united states

Valkyria Chronicles (http://store.steampowered.com/app/294860/)
Final Fantasy IV (http://store.steampowered.com/app/312750/)
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky (http://store.steampowered.com/app/251150/)
Half-Minute Hero: The Second Coming (http://store.steampowered.com/app/240970/)
Final Fantasy 3 (http://store.steampowered.com/agecheck/app/239120/)
Final Fantasy 13 (http://store.steampowered.com/agecheck/app/292120/)

and

Final Fantasy 13-2 (http://store.steampowered.com/agecheck/app/292140/)

so you wont include trails in the sky, but you will include a remake of FFX? wonderful, simply wonderful, no bias there

oh and you will also include a game that was released in japan in 2013, in america in 2013, but since its european launch was in 2014 it totally counts right?

Rozalia1 said:
NuclearKangaroo said:
Did I not tell you I didn't check your figures, I'd have thought you'd take it out but whatever 9/10 its not worth shouting at me in all caps over.
considering thats the very first thing i said after i posted those numbers and youve contantly tried to inflate your numbers in any way posible while at the same time refusing to count many PC JRPGs

Rozalia1 said:
NuclearKangaroo said:
How many times do I have to say it? I'm not counting Japan, I'm counting their releases here in the west. If the game is released in 2012 but only debuts here in 2014 than naturally I'm including that as a 2014 release as I am entirely discounting Japan (though yes I made a couple of mistakes which have been corrected).
It was released on PC in 2006, I'm not purposely discounting it.
it was released on PC in 2006... BUT NEVER LOCALIZED

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Legend_of_Heroes:_Trails_in_the_Sky

it never left asia until 2014

again, bias

Rozalia1 said:
NuclearKangaroo said:
How about that, it releases this month.
and FF13-2 releases early next month, your point?

Rozalia1 said:
NuclearKangaroo said:
PC gets 1 "exclusive" new JRPG and I'm suddenly supposed to believe that all the new JRPGs are now suddenly going to start popping up on PC? I'd hope someone else could dispel the illusion for you as you clearly see me as an enemy with posts like that, but this isn't exactly a place for JRPG players (and you've admitted to not being one) so whatever. You can agree with Bo Dallas all you like, I'm not going to.
no, PC gets many JRPG releases and you are supposed to believe PC gets many JRPG releases, is as simple as that, im not talking about exclusives, and well whats the point of talking about exclusives if tons of games in your list are avaliable in more than 1 system (bias again) and many former exclusives eventually end up on PC or some other platform, such as mind zero

like i said before, everybody knows you for some inexplicable reason hate PC, you always engage in fights over PC with other users, ive been a member for many months and i always see you doing the exact same thing

NuclearKangaroo

Feb 7, 2014
erttheking said:

"a war that actually happened..."

ok erttheking you seriously need to tone down your sensitivities, first of all the war never actually happened, because theres no such thing as "Europa", the "Autocratic East Europan Imperial Alliance", the "Atlantic Federation" and the "Principality of Gallia" in real life

is not different from a cutesy JRPG taking place during the middle ages, i mean shit was fucked up back then as well, things like the Hundred Years' War and such

i know and accept you are a very sensitive person, and thats fine, is actually great in many circunstances, but you are letting this get in the way of you enjoying some pretty damn good games

BeerTent

Resident Furry Pimp
May 8, 2011
Dreiko said:
iniudan said:
Dreiko said:
This is like Xcom but better and more anime-like, with a very touching and badass story rather than generic "alien plot 23" style storyline. It's a pity it wasn't more praised all this time, honestly.

Hopefully, they'll bring over the third VC game or even better make a fourth one for ps4.

Also, if you guys like fighting games, Selvaria and Alicia are in a fighting game! It's called Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax. Here:

WTF with the Thumbnail. I know Selvaria is well endowed, but that just ridiculous.

That's her official char portrait.
Looks like she has a severe case of anime-nipple.

Call a doctor for her. I only play one on TV and this is beyond my expertise.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
NuclearKangaroo said:
No, I really don't. Yeah yeah I've been though this song and dance before. But Valkyria Chronicals is different form WWII in the same way that a car with a fresh coat of paint is different to a car of the same make that mysteriously went missing recently.

That would be a relevant comparison if middle age JRPGs had paper thin rip offs of the Hundred Years War. They don't, so it isn't. You can't say I'm in the wrong for drawing comparisons to the actual WWII, the game is the one who keeps bringing them up with the grace of a runaway ice cream truck!

No it isn't. I find Valkyria Chronicles simply to be a lousy game. It's cliche, (Alicia is frankly a shining example of a trope I hate in storytelling, when a person's role in the plot directly contradicts their character. She's supposed to be a veteran soldier and a no nonsense one at that, yet she's junior to the college idiot who's been in the army for three days. Because she isn't the main character. Also she gets hurt and has to be tended to by him. Because she's the love interest. This is not how human beings act) the gameplay is iffy (Enemy units should not be allowed to shoot at me when its not their turn in a turn based game. Frankly I prefer Fire Emblem or XCOM to the gameplay here) and it's story is a major groan fest. If you're going to be including fucking concentration camps then I'm going to be expecting that it's coming from a game that can actually take itself seriously and not treat me like I'm ten years old. Valkyria Chronicles fails on both fronts.

NuclearKangaroo

Feb 7, 2014
erttheking said:
NuclearKangaroo said:
No, I really don't. Yeah yeah I've been though this song and dance before. But Valkyria Chronicals is different form WWII in the same way that a car with a fresh coat of paint is different to a car of the same make that mysteriously went missing recently.

That would be a relevant comparison if middle age JRPGs had paper thin rip offs of the Hundred Years War. They don't, so it isn't. You can't say I'm in the wrong for drawing comparisons to the actual WWII, the game is the one who keeps bringing them up with the grace of a runaway ice cream truck!

No it isn't. I find Valkyria Chronicles simply to be a lousy game. It's cliche, (Alicia is frankly a shining example of a trope I hate in storytelling, when a person's role in the plot directly contradicts their character. She's supposed to be a veteran soldier and a no nonsense one at that, yet she's junior to the college idiot who's been in the army for three days. Because she isn't the main character. Also she gets hurt and has to be tended to by him. Because she's the love interest. This is not how human beings act) the gameplay is iffy (Enemy units should not be allowed to shoot at me when its not their turn in a turn based game. Frankly I prefer Fire Emblem or XCOM to the gameplay here) and it's story is a major groan fest. If you're going to be including fucking concentration camps then I'm going to be expecting that it's coming from a game that can actually take itself seriously and not treat me like I'm ten years old. Valkyria Chronicles fails on both fronts.
dude you are so wrong you dont even know

alicia is not a veteran soldier, SHE IS A BAKER DRAFTED INTO THE WAR, Welkin? a university studen, etc ,etc. most of the people in your squad have little to no military experience, because they are a milita and many of them are conscripts, some are well below 18 years old

VC has actually very few parallels to WW2 besides the setting, both mayor factions in the war are shown to be roughly equally bad, the jews-but-not-quite actually did commit some attrocities in the past, tough obviously this shouldnt be blamed to the newer generations

please tell me what part of the concentration camp wasnt handled well, use spoilers of course, no need to spoil the game for everyone else

NuclearKangaroo

Feb 7, 2014
BeerTent said:
Dreiko said:
iniudan said:
Dreiko said:
This is like Xcom but better and more anime-like, with a very touching and badass story rather than generic "alien plot 23" style storyline. It's a pity it wasn't more praised all this time, honestly.

Hopefully, they'll bring over the third VC game or even better make a fourth one for ps4.

Also, if you guys like fighting games, Selvaria and Alicia are in a fighting game! It's called Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax. Here:

WTF with the Thumbnail. I know Selvaria is well endowed, but that just ridiculous.

That's her official char portrait.
Looks like she has a severe case of anime-nipple.

Call a doctor for her. I only play one on TV and this is beyond my expertise.
valkyrian blood gives her an extra strong back

Rozalia1

Mar 1, 2014
NuclearKangaroo said:
so you wont include trails in the sky, but you will include a remake of FFX? wonderful, simply wonderful, no bias there

oh and you will also include a game that was released in japan in 2013, in america in 2013, but since its european launch was in 2014 it totally counts right?
I'll address that below, all I'll say here is that a HD version is not discounted.

I'm European... so your point?

NuclearKangaroo said:
considering thats the very first thing i said after i posted those numbers and youve contantly tried to inflate your numbers in any way posible while at the same time refusing to count many PC JRPGs
I don't need to inflate, the point is clear.

NuclearKangaroo said:
it was released on PC in 2006... BUT NEVER LOCALIZED

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Legend_of_Heroes:_Trails_in_the_Sky

it never left asia until 2014

again, bias
First for the second time calm yourself down, I don't bloody need all caps shouted at me.
I own up to my mistakes as I did in an above post, and I have no problem owning up again. I missed that, I saw "digital distribution 2014" but I saw that as just it coming to Steam, missed the whole not coming to the west until that date.

However you have yet to do so even though I pointed it out. Trails in the Sky is not an exclusive in anyway, Half-minute Hero 2 is if I let you have it, but Trails in the Sky does not feature in such talk.

NuclearKangaroo said:
and FF13-2 releases early next month, your point?
So it is, irrelevant.

NuclearKangaroo said:
no, PC gets many JRPG releases and you are supposed to believe PC gets many JRPG releases, is as simple as that, im not talking about exclusives, and well whats the point of talking about exclusives if tons of games in your list are avaliable in more than 1 system (bias again) and many former exclusives eventually end up on PC or some other platform, such as mind zero

like i said before, everybody knows you for some inexplicable reason hate PC, you always engage in fights over PC with other users, ive been a member for many months and i always see you doing the exact same thing
Bias? They are exclusives buddy as long as they remain on the holdings of the same holder. The games I posted on more than one platform are on the holders other properties, not on competitors.

As for JRPG releases have you yet to get the point? There is a reason I don't care how many you bring up, your claim is that new JRPGs are all going to pop onto the PC platform.
What did I post? New JRPGs which are exclusives, admittedly some enhanced ports are among their number and you may want to discount that (whatever irrelevant). Yours?

Old.

Valkyria Chronicles
Final Fantasy IV
Final Fantasy 3
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky

Late port, "mainstream" as a JRPG gets.

Final Fantasy 13

New (if I am charitable and let you have it)

Where are the new games? Where are the Atelier Escha & Logys? The Natural Doctrines? Not on PC is where, not on Xbox either for that matter.
What was your response to all that again? Oh yes, all met with a critical reception, aka IGN called them a weird game for weirdos (I thought the mainstream reviewers didn't matter? I suppose they do if they support you I guess). Newsflash, unless the game in question becomes an internet darling all JRPGs are going to be seen as crap by the majority of reviewers and people. However you have at least admitted to not following JRPGs so perhaps you'd not know that.

So you're going to continue with that? Poor show.

Let me share with you a little secret. Most users on here are PC guys so if I get into an arguement it will most likely be with one of them. The same goes for you, and even them. So if that makes me a PC hater for arguing with them, then you and they themselves hate PC too.

As for the "feuds". Emulation, shilling, hypocrisy, art, and "dirtsheet news" were the notable things I've had feuds over.
Attacking me with the PC hater label because I know what the laws say on Emulation, or I don't at the drop of a hat believe dirtsheet news from PCmasterace of all bloody places is not wise thing to do... in fact its most unwise as being Multiplatform all such little barbs have simply no effect.
All they do is paint you in a very unflattering light. I could shout in all caps and call you a hater too you know, but I don't...why do you think I don't do that?

Kaimax

Jul 25, 2012
erttheking said:
the gameplay is iffy (Enemy units should not be allowed to shoot at me when its not their turn in a turn based game.
Uhh, you know that you can do the exact same thing on the enemies turn. Did you actually play the game?
(Alicia is not a veteran soldier, She was a baker)

Xcom has the similar kind of defensive mechaninc, the difference is VC's defensive firing is always on.