The Spoony One has been ejected from That Guy With the Glasses.

Karadalis

Apr 26, 2011
The thing is... can you really blame a bunch of bloody beginners to have to learn first how to behave at a "professional" *coughhack* convention on what to do and what not to do?

As far as i know joe had little to no experience with this kind of event. But in the end they became quite the decent gaming news site anyways.

And i highly doubt this one interview with notch would have catapulted lordkats career sky high... the guy is simply to lazy.

Lordkat also stated several other reasons for leaving channel awesome..

Like not being paid for the Kickassia trip and loosing alot of money because of it for example

infinity_turtles

Apr 17, 2010
renaissance_nerd said:
Your right I don't think Noah cares about that. I don't think he ever wanted to be an actual "in the field" journalist, he wanted to be a "reviewer" of random nerdy things someone who made videos for the yuks. I think Channel Awesome pushed the whole convention journalist down everyone's throat.
Not really. The people who made gaming videos had their stuff posted to Blistered Thumbs first, they offered up positions for people who wanted to do the whole game journalism thing, and in order to get a press pass to get into the events, yeah they required you to do game journalism stuff while at the event. Aside from the requirements for the press pass, they pretty much let Spoony do his thing.

infinity_turtles

Apr 17, 2010
Karadalis said:
The thing is... can you really blame a bunch of bloody beginners to have to learn first how to behave at a "professional" *coughhack* convention what to do and what not to do?

And i highly doubt this one interview with notch would have catapulted lordkats career sky high... the guy is simply to lazy.
He makes a living off what he has now. An interview with Notch back then would've meant most gaming sites would've linked to him as the source, which would've brought views and a lot of exposure. It could've been a big deal for his business. I agree he's a lazy fuck though.

Karadalis

Apr 26, 2011
infinity_turtles said:
Karadalis said:
The thing is... can you really blame a bunch of bloody beginners to have to learn first how to behave at a "professional" *coughhack* convention what to do and what not to do?

He makes a living off what he has now. An interview with Notch back then would've meant most gaming sites would've linked to him as the source, which would've brought views and a lot of exposure. It could've been a big deal for his business. I agree he's a lazy fuck though.
See thats what i dont believe because even thought everyone would have linked to him... his personality and work ethics would not have changed.

Sure it might have boosted his income but the guy simply is to lazy and resistant to the idea of putting effort into things to hit it big.

He has been on the escapist.. on CA and on BT (wich essentialy is the same) and left all three of them allways blaming others for it.

I doubt he would have gotten bigger then he is now even with an interview with notch.

jimbob123432

Apr 8, 2011
I personally feel really bad for Spoony because of his depression/mental state. I'm also boycotting Lupa for her "Has Oreo found a new mommy yet?" tweet. I don't care what Spoony did, you don't throw someone's one-loved around as an attack. Yes, Spoony's joke was a little uncalled for, but Lupa shouldn't have attacked him like that. As for LordKat, I hope he gets banned for TGWTG, but he won't since's he's on the "right" side.

jedizero

Feb 26, 2009
Honestly? He's always said stupid shit in his videos. Frankly I'm surprised its taken this long to get kicked to the curb. I'll be more than willing to give him another chance if he changes his tune and apologizes properly, we've all done dumb shit when we're really depressed after all.

Sutter Cane

Jun 27, 2010
infinity_turtles said:
renaissance_nerd said:
and and i heard something about telling his dad on his death bed to go fuck himself, Jason is a real class act.
Dude, what the fuck? Where did you hear that, and why the hell would you believe it? His dad died in the middle of the night and it caught his entire family off guard. On his stream he talked about how his dad supported what he did and just in general how great a father he was.
there is some truth to both of these stories. He did say on stream that he has anger issues, and that the last thing he said to his father before he died was "go fuck yourself dad." He really regrets doing so now.

Nov 28, 2007
jimbob123432 said:
I personally feel really bad for Spoony because of his depression/mental state. I'm also boycotting Lupa for her "Has Oreo found a new mommy yet?" tweet. I don't care what Spoony did, you don't throw someone's one-loved around as an attack. Yes, Spoony's joke was a little uncalled for, but Lupa shouldn't have attacked him like that. As for LordKat, I hope he gets banned for TGWTG, but he won't since's he's on the "right" side.
LordKat hasn't been on TGWTG for over a year now. He left before the third anniversary aired.

renaissance_nerd

Jun 25, 2012
jedizero said:
Honestly? He's always said stupid shit in his videos. Frankly I'm surprised its taken this long to get kicked to the curb. I'll be more than willing to give him another chance if he changes his tune and apologizes properly, we've all done dumb shit when we're really depressed after all.
He has apologized properly on twitter for all to see.

DudeistBelieve

TellEmSteveDave.com
Sep 9, 2010
Karadalis said:
infinity_turtles said:
Karadalis said:

See thats what i dont believe because even thought everyone would have linked to him... his personality and work ethics would not have changed.

Sure it might have boosted his income but the guy simply is to lazy and resistant to the idea of putting effort into things to hit it big.

He has been on the escapist.. on CA and on BT (wich essentialy is the same) and left all three of them allways blaming others for it.

I doubt he would have gotten bigger then he is now even with an interview with notch.
Hmmm that's an idea.

YO ESCAPIST! GO GIVE SPOONY A JOB, EH?

infinity_turtles

Apr 17, 2010
Karadalis said:

And yet he does keep getting bigger. His profits just keep growing. He's lazy and an ass, but he's doing something that keeps people around. Maybe just finding entertaining people in his community and bringing them on with him. Dunno, but it works.

MrMan999

Oct 25, 2011
jimbob123432 said:
Lordkat quit back in 2010 dude. Also I agree. Both sides (With the exception of a few) Acted like complete fucking jackasses.

jimbob123432

Apr 8, 2011
MrMan999 said:
jimbob123432 said:
Lordkat quit back in 2010 dude. Also I agree. Both sides (With the exception of a few) Acted like complete fucking jackasses.
Oh I fully agree that both sides acted like jackasses. And maybe "banned" wasn't the right word. I meant "removed". His vids are still linked though TGWTG., and I think those links should be taken off, just like Spoony's were.

jedizero

Feb 26, 2009
renaissance_nerd said:
All I have seen is his incredibly sarcastic 'Oh fine I apologize because I have to now.'

infinity_turtles

Apr 17, 2010
renaissance_nerd said:
jedizero said:
Where's that? He's deleted a lot of his tweets, but the last I saw he posted that was an "apology" was this

The Material Sheep

Nov 12, 2009
jedizero said:
renaissance_nerd said:
All I have seen is his incredibly sarcastic 'Oh fine I apologize because I have to now.'
There was a more dedicated and sincere apology to the person he aimed the joke at a month ago when it was actually said. The one he gave to Lupa wasn't genuine because to be honest he didn't owe her an apology and he knew it.

For his actions toward his fans and the general shitty attitude since then... I don't expect a serious apology till he really sits down and gets some serious help. If he did it soon I'd be pleasently surprised.

Fr]anc[is

May 13, 2010
I've got sympathy for Spoony if he really does have mental problems, but jesus christ this entire thing is pathetic. A bunch of guys from a site with an ugly front page got into an epic level pissing contest. A wonderful use of my time reading up on this.

JimB

Apr 1, 2012
SaneAmongInsane said:
Yeah because it's completely outside the realm of possibilities for them to try to cover up their fiasco at the expense of banning people who talk about it.
If that's what they're doing, then they're doing a piss-poor job of it, because I keep bringing it up.

SaneAmongInsane said:
Really dude, do you think that people that make the rules so clearly follow them themselves?
I think it is in their best interests to do so, since reputation and perception can easily threaten their revenue.

SaneAmongInsane said:
Can I live in your version of Earth?
Depends. Can you pay the cover charge to get in?

tthor

Apr 9, 2008
Matthew Keppers said:
TheAmazingHobo said:
I really hope that everyone involved realizes at some point, that all of this makes them look like a bunch of psychotic man-(and woman-)children that are unfit to be involved in anything that requires any amount of professionalism, restraint or sanity.

Which might be bad in the long run, business-wise.

The Great JT said:
TheDrunkNinja said:
KrabbiPatty said:
Linkara, poor schmuck, seems to be desperately trying to calm the whole thing down and contain the damage all by his lonesome while everyone else is exploding into RAEG!!!

Oh Lovehug, why must you always be the Blue Ranger.
He's the only one that's been acting perfectly professional during this entire ordeal.

Lewis deserves so much more respect that he gets.
Good to see someone acting professional in this cluster of crazy. More power to him for trying to play peacemaker, but I think it's pretty much set in stone that there's not going to be much to salvage.
I find him to be very confusing.
He seems to be a nice, thoughtful, professional person, who is both willing and able to behave like an adult.
He´s also internet-famous.
How does that work ?
He is Minnesotan, if you are from the area you would understand.
Gotta love Minnesota Nice :)

just don't get in our way on the road, or we'll run you off the god damn road you mother fu- sorry, Minnesota road-rage, too :)

DudeistBelieve

TellEmSteveDave.com
Sep 9, 2010
JimB said:
SaneAmongInsane said:
Yeah because it's completely outside the realm of possibilities for them to try to cover up their fiasco at the expense of banning people who talk about it.
If that's what they're doing, then they're doing a piss-poor job of it, because I keep bringing it up.

SaneAmongInsane said:
Really dude, do you think that people that make the rules so clearly follow them themselves?
I think it is in their best interests to do so, since reputation and perception can easily threaten their revenue.

SaneAmongInsane said:
Can I live in your version of Earth?
Depends. Can you pay the cover charge to get in?
We may of gone 30 pages, but we're probably a very small yet vocal part of their fanbase. Clearly it's been this long and still no extra statement on the matter means as much. They lose a few guys like me, but they retain the core sheep because they're living in a bubble blah blah blah my anticorporate rhetoric.

And I believe I'm on the list. I should under Insane, SaneAmong?