The Spoony One has been ejected from That Guy With the Glasses.

JimB

Apr 1, 2012
SaneAmongInsane said:
They lose a few guys like me, but they retain the core sheep because they're living in a bubble blah blah blah my anticorporate rhetoric.
Hm. You know what? I don't think we're ever going to convince one another. I don't respond well to rhetoric or conspiracies, and you don't respond well to my...whatever it is (I imagine you'd describe it as naivety), so I don't think we're going to make any headway. However:

SaneAmongInsane said:
I should under Insane, SaneAmong?
That line actually got a laugh out of me, so for all it's worth, I'm parting with no hard feelings.

Karadalis

Apr 26, 2011
infinity_turtles said:
Karadalis said:
And yet he does keep getting bigger. His profits just keep growing. He's lazy and an ass, but he's doing something that keeps people around. Maybe just finding entertaining people in his community and bringing them on with him. Dunno, but it works.
But no one talks about him (unless he prompts depressive people to commit suicide or flings shit at his former co workers years after the fact), it might be that a good bunch of people listen to his streams but he is no one important in the scene of online reviewers/game journalists.

Or people listen to his streams because he has a bunch of better people in them? I highly doubt that all of these people come because of him.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
holy shit...29 pages??

I didn't think people were so invested in the inner dramas of TGWTG

EDIT; just for fun what bad things has spoony said about his fans? and what other crazy things has he saod?

Darks63

Mar 8, 2010
SaneAmongInsane said:
Karadalis said:
infinity_turtles said:
Karadalis said:
The thing is... can you really blame a bunch of bloody beginners to have to learn first how to behave at a "professional" *coughhack* convention what to do and what not to do?

And i highly doubt this one interview with notch would have catapulted lordkats career sky high... the guy is simply to lazy.
He makes a living off what he has now. An interview with Notch back then would've meant most gaming sites would've linked to him as the source, which would've brought views and a lot of exposure. It could've been a big deal for his business. I agree he's a lazy fuck though.
See thats what i dont believe because even thought everyone would have linked to him... his personality and work ethics would not have changed.

Sure it might have boosted his income but the guy simply is to lazy and resistant to the idea of putting effort into things to hit it big.

He has been on the escapist.. on CA and on BT (wich essentialy is the same) and left all three of them allways blaming others for it.

I doubt he would have gotten bigger then he is now even with an interview with notch.
Hmmm that's an idea.

YO ESCAPIST! GO GIVE SPOONY A JOB, EH?
I dont think he could keep up with a weekly update schedule atm

renaissance_nerd

Jun 25, 2012
infinity_turtles said:
renaissance_nerd said:
jedizero said:
Honestly? He's always said stupid shit in his videos. Frankly I'm surprised its taken this long to get kicked to the curb. I'll be more than willing to give him another chance if he changes his tune and apologizes properly, we've all done dumb shit when we're really depressed after all.
He has apologized properly on twitter for all to see.
Where's that? He's deleted a lot of his tweets, but the last I saw he posted that was an "apology" was this

this was his last sincere apology, which of course solved nothing and only got thrown back in his face, at that point i don't blame him for not giving a shit anymore.

https://twitter.com/TheSpoonyOne/status/215662979818061824

infinity_turtles

Apr 17, 2010
Karadalis said:
But no one talks about him (unless he prompts depressive people to commit suicide or flings shit at his former co workers years after the fact), it might be that a good bunch of people listen to his streams but he is no one important in the scene of online reviewers/game journalists.

Or people listen to his streams because he has a bunch of better people in them? I highly doubt that all of these people come because of him.
Not sure he really cares if people talk about him as much as he cares about his business growing. Anytime he talks about extra exposure it's always about how it will help his business and community grow. That said, yeah the people who come on his stream are a big part of it. It's really the only reason I go on it. He has a rather large collection of friends who play off him and each other pretty well. He's a lazy dick, but his friends are funny. Rollo_T(From Transmission Awesome and I think he does DS reviews for BT)has left me laughing so hard I was gasping for air more time then anyone else probably has.

MrMan999

Oct 25, 2011
renaissance_nerd said:
infinity_turtles said:
renaissance_nerd said:
jedizero said:
Honestly? He's always said stupid shit in his videos. Frankly I'm surprised its taken this long to get kicked to the curb. I'll be more than willing to give him another chance if he changes his tune and apologizes properly, we've all done dumb shit when we're really depressed after all.
Where's that? He's deleted a lot of his tweets, but the last I saw he posted that was an "apology" was this

this was his last sincere apology, which of course solved nothing and only got thrown back in his face, at that point i don't blame him for not giving a shit anymore.

How did it get thrown into his face?

renaissance_nerd

Jun 25, 2012
MrMan999 said:
renaissance_nerd said:
infinity_turtles said:
renaissance_nerd said:
jedizero said:

How did it get thrown into his face?
this was when the situation was devolving rapidly so it largely went ignored and the flames kept coming or people insisted he was not sincere. Or that he really hasn't done anything to make it better, take your pick really.

DudeistBelieve

TellEmSteveDave.com
Sep 9, 2010
JimB said:
SaneAmongInsane said:
They lose a few guys like me, but they retain the core sheep because they're living in a bubble blah blah blah my anticorporate rhetoric.
Hm. You know what? I don't think we're ever going to convince one another. I don't respond well to rhetoric or conspiracies, and you don't respond well to my...whatever it is (I imagine you'd describe it as naivety), so I don't think we're going to make any headway. However:

SaneAmongInsane said:
I should under Insane, SaneAmong?
That line actually got a laugh out of me, so for all it's worth, I'm parting with no hard feelings.
ya know oddly enough I almost did write that on the last post but didn't because I didn't want to offend you. Rightyo though man, rightyo.

infinity_turtles

Apr 17, 2010
renaissance_nerd said:
infinity_turtles said:
renaissance_nerd said:
jedizero said:

That's not an apology. Saying oh well I tried right after this [https://twitter.com/TheSpoonyOne/status/215637759166128131] and this [https://twitter.com/TheSpoonyOne/status/215638533132664835] is not an apology.

renaissance_nerd

Jun 25, 2012
infinity_turtles said:
renaissance_nerd said:
infinity_turtles said:
renaissance_nerd said:
jedizero said:

That's not an apology. Saying oh well I tried right after this [https://twitter.com/TheSpoonyOne/status/215637759166128131] and this [https://twitter.com/TheSpoonyOne/status/215638533132664835] is not an apology.
so you can't apologize after being a sarcastic ass, got it, might want to tell Lordkat that then. And did you miss "i'm sorry again" that is a flat out apology.

but when people say this to you
https://twitter.com/Karkitty612/status/215979320424939520

does the public or anyone else really deserve an apology? He's not going to get on his knees and beg and frankly he shouldn't have to he settled whatever it was with Hope and Lupa felt she had to bring her big nose into it and start it all up again.

jimbob123432

Apr 8, 2011
infinity_turtles said:
renaissance_nerd said:
infinity_turtles said:
renaissance_nerd said:
jedizero said:

To be fair, what else was he to do? He apologized sincerely a while ago, but nobody listened. Honestly, I think that the repeated fake apologies were just a last resort and he had honestly "done everything".

jedizero

Feb 26, 2009
y'know, if Lupa is calling him out for being a fucking tool, while being entirely justified. I think she deserves an apology as well.

renaissance_nerd

Jun 25, 2012
jedizero said:
y'know, if Lupa is calling him out for being a fucking tool, while being entirely justified. I think she deserves an apology as well.
no she necrod a month old twitter post that was not even directed at her for the sole purpose of causing shit and jumping on her feminist soap box, she deserves nothing.

not to mention she also joined in on the flame war/poo flinging asking Noah (who had a bad breakup with his ex) if Oreo (noah's dog) has found him a new mommy yet.

then went on Lordkat's stream to gloat about the fact he was fired, yea fuck her shes not lil Ms. Innocent

MrMan999

Oct 25, 2011
renaissance_nerd said:
jedizero said:
no she necrod a month old twitter post that was not even directed at her for the sole purpose of causing shit and jumping on her feminist soap box, she deserves nothing.

not to mention she also joined in on the flame war/poo flinging asking Noah (who had a bad breakup with his ex) if Oreo (noah's dog) has found him a new mommy yet.

then went on Lordkat's stream to gloat about the fact he was fired, yea fuck her shes not lil Ms. Innocent
That doesn't surprise me. From what I've seen, Lupa is a bit of a Drama Queen.

DudeistBelieve

TellEmSteveDave.com
Sep 9, 2010
Well ladies and gentlemen... we did it. We've made it to 30.

I'd like to thank everyone that made this possible... the OP for making the topic... Spoony for being fired in the first place... Lupa for being such an incredible jerk.... *sniff* We made it. We finally made it.

I'd say we should go for another 10 but... I mean theres just no way right? That be crazy!

.... LETS DO IT.

jedizero said:
Yeah... ya know I wouldn't of had a problem if she did this shit a month ago or if the tweet was directed at her, but she just kinda started shit for the sake of starting shit.... and since I'm neither a fan of hers or have ever watched her videos....

Fuck Lupa.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
SaneAmongInsane said:

I'd like to thank everyone that made this possible... the OP for making the topic... Spoony for being fired in the first place... Lupa for being such an incredible jerk.... *sniff* We made it. We finally made it.

I'd say we should go for another 10 but... I mean theres just no way right? That be crazy!

.... LETS DO IT.

jedizero said:
Yeah... ya know I wouldn't of had a problem if she did this shit a month ago or if the tweet was directed at her, but she just kinda started shit for the sake of starting shit.... and since I'm neither a fan of hers or have ever watched her videos....

Fuck Lupa.
Something Awful still has us beat however. Spoony Watch did have a head start though.

MrMan999

Oct 25, 2011
Soviet Heavy said:
SaneAmongInsane said:

.... LETS DO IT.

jedizero said:

Fuck Lupa.
Something Awful still has us beat however. Spoony Watch did have a head start though.

The chans had a large head start as well.

conholio23

Oct 22, 2008
I'm glad he at least got a definite diagnosis. I hope that he can get better. I feel like a dick for saying this but kinda disappointed that this crushed his pathfinder sessions along with many other things. I wanted to know if the little furry guy ever made it to Olofs.