Titanfall On PC Will Require Origin

Gameguy20100

Sep 6, 2012
I knew this all along.
I mean come on its a multiplier shooter published buy EA.

They need to make servers to play it on and linking it to Origin is the easiest way to do that.

Why are people so bitchy about this if it's any good i will buy it and put up with the horseshit.

Gorrath

Feb 22, 2013
Steven Bogos said:
To take a page from our illustrious Michael Patcher, Saying you won't buy titanfall because it's on Origin is dumb, dumb, dumb.

At some point, legitimate complaints against origin turned into a "LETS HATE ON ORIGIN BECAUSE EA IS LITERALLY HITLER" circlejerk.
As you suggesting there is no longer a legitimate reason to dislike Origin, or are you saying most just don't have a good reason? In either case, I think you're wrong. I've had nothing but problems with Origin, both from a stability side and from an account management side. I've received piss-poor customer service from them and I am quite sick of dealing with it. And this isn't some rant from several years ago either. I guess an unending parade of problems with both the platform and the customer service backing it up aren't a good reason for me to refuse to buy games on it. Seems to me that perhaps your over reaction to people refusing to use Origin is every bit as over the top as the individuals you are complaining about.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Oh look, more people horrified that Origin exists... despite it being about on par with Steam.

Never would have guessed.

Sectan

Aug 7, 2011
Nothing against Origin, but I already have Steam. I'd rather not need to run an extra program in the background. Plus multiple accounts and multiple passwords annoy me. If there was a way to link my Steam account with Origin and have Origin launch when I want to play and auto close when I don't, that'd be great.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Steven Bogos said:
To take a page from our illustrious Michael Patcher, Saying you won't buy titanfall because it's on Origin is dumb, dumb, dumb.

At some point, legitimate complaints against origin turned into a "LETS HATE ON ORIGIN BECAUSE EA IS LITERALLY HITLER" circlejerk.
I'm amazed he would take time out from his long-standing feud with Nintendo to say something like that.

Anyway, I had nothing but trouble with Origin, though it's been a couple months since I last used it. I really am not inclined to throw any money towards EA's platform, even if it means favouring Valve's monopoly bid.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
lacktheknack said:
Oh look, more people horrified that Origin exists... despite it being about on par with Steam.

Honestly, if it didn't give me no end of trouble, I probably wouldn't care. My only games on it came from a Humble Bundle, and I've got about 15 minutes playtime out of them because of the problems I had installing, updating and running.

If Steam caused me the same level of hassle, I'd never use it either.

I don't buy into the "EA IS EVIL" or "ORIGIN IS SPYWARE" crap, but....Ugggh.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Zachary Amaranth said:
lacktheknack said:

Honestly, if it didn't give me no end of trouble, I probably wouldn't care. My only games on it came from a Humble Bundle, and I've got about 15 minutes playtime out of them because of the problems I had installing, updating and running.

If Steam caused me the same level of hassle, I'd never use it either.

I don't buy into the "EA IS EVIL" or "ORIGIN IS SPYWARE" crap, but....Ugggh.
Ouch. That's rough. D:

I've never had issues with it, myself. I wonder how common the problems are.

Shadow-Phoenix

Mar 22, 2010
You know it's funny news when people who really hate origin really didn't see this coming, it's not that hard to put two and two together.

Even with people complaining that origin sucks, Steam rules all, I really just can't wait until there's a universal service where I can buy all and any games digitally without having to use any shit stupid service that attaches itself to my games, basically just my games and nothing more, no DRm, no Steam.

That's what I want, and no fuck off if you're going to suggest the likes of GoG,GMG,Amazon etc, just clear the fuck out.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
lacktheknack said:
Ouch. That's rough. D:

I've never had issues with it, myself. I wonder how common the problems are.
I honestly have no idea. All I know is that EA's customer support wasn't very helpful. They kept telling me steps I'd already tried.

I mean, I actually like some of what EA's doing, including their return policy on Origin (Something I doubt Valve will ever willingly do because it would require them to give back money from the crappy games in their daily/weekly sales), but yeah.

Maybe I'll install again if (I had to reinstall Windows, so I don't have it on my PC) there's a game I really want, but I'd definitely dry run it with something I already own (assuming it installed itself properly) before I considered plopping down cash. Although, with their return policy, at least I could get a refund if there was a problem with an EA title.

And now I'm talking in circles.

So yeah. I don't hate EA or Origin or anything, but it is a turnoff to me.

Syzygy23

Sep 20, 2010
AdagioBoognish said:
I don't understand why some people would consider not getting a game just because it's on Origin, considering how easy it is to exit Origin after playing and forget it's on your computer. I dislike EA as much as the next guy, but can missing out on a potentially good game just because it's not on steam be justified by anything other petty fanboyism? What makes you guys lash out so strongly against Origin? I've used it for Battlefield for a few years now and haven't had issues. Feel like I must be missing something.
I don't know about you, but Origin is a no-go simply because I do not want to give EA any money ever again. After they blatantly lied about SimCity I refuse to support such scumbag business tactics. "The game wasn't designed to suppor tsingle player, it's impossible." Modder proves the game can support singleplayer literally two days later.

Jesus Christ.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Shadow-Phoenix said:
You know it's funny news when people who really hate origin really didn't see this coming, it's not that hard to put two and two together.

Even with people complaining that origin sucks, Steam rules all, I really just can't wait until there's a universal service where I can buy all and any games digitally without having to use any shit stupid service that attaches itself to my games, basically just my games and nothing more, no DRm, no Steam.

That's what I want, and no fuck off if you're going to suggest the likes of GoG,GMG,Amazon etc, just clear the fuck out.
You know what'd be nice? Options. The problem shouldn't be that it's not on Steam but that it's Origin exclusive. Ideally, you could get your DRM-free games and Valve fans could get them on Steeeeeeeam and clinically insane people could get them on Origin....>.>

I kid, I kid.

Apr 5, 2008
Well there goes any chance that I'll be buying it. It's not like there aren't enough other shooters out there. Origin is proving a bigger pain than I initially thought. ME3, DS2, DAIII and now this too. Well EA are committed, will give them that.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Syzygy23 said:
I don't know about you, but Origin is a no-go simply because I do not want to give EA any money ever again. After they blatantly lied about SimCity I refuse to support such scumbag business tactics. "The game wasn't designed to suppor tsingle player, it's impossible." Modder proves the game can support singleplayer literally two days later.

Jesus Christ.
What does this have to do with an EA-published game? Shouldn't you already be boycotting it?

mitchell271

Sep 3, 2010
AdagioBoognish said:
Quoted just for the profile pic. Kvelertak is awesome!

OT: Game looks very promising and I was interested in it when I saw it was getting a PC release, but now I couldn't care less.

anthony87

Aug 13, 2009
Syzygy23 said:
AdagioBoognish said:
I don't understand why some people would consider not getting a game just because it's on Origin, considering how easy it is to exit Origin after playing and forget it's on your computer. I dislike EA as much as the next guy, but can missing out on a potentially good game just because it's not on steam be justified by anything other petty fanboyism? What makes you guys lash out so strongly against Origin? I've used it for Battlefield for a few years now and haven't had issues. Feel like I must be missing something.

Jesus Christ.
So if you don't want to give EA money then Origin isn't an issue anyway right? You wouldn't have been getting the game either way.

thewatergamer

Aug 4, 2012
Not surprised but still disappointed when I heard EA was publishing PC version I suspected as much...

So yeah all enthusiasm for this game is now gone, unless they release a GoG or steam version

Only reason I'm against Origin is first I hate EA with a passion because of all they've done lately...

Also I've heard Origin can be incredibly buggy and hard to use, even though steam hasn't been doing to well lately *cough* slew of shit/unfinished games *cough*

I'm still disappointed to see titanfall only launch on Origin, not surprised, but if EA is supposed to be turning a new leaf and being "for the gamers now" they could start by not making all the games they publish origin exclusives and maybe release them on steam and GoG so people can kind of use whatever they prefer...

Oh wait I forgot this is the gaming industry my mistake

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
Saulkar said:
Weaver said:
Origin is okay now-a-days. I still find steam more useable, but since EA changed their EULA to not steal every file from my hard drive if they wanted I haven't had that many issues with it.
I am still wary as my work PC is also my gaming PC and my boss prefers that I not risk it, something I am personally OK with as E.A. has done little to build any trust for me. I have also tried sandboxing both Steam and Origin and the latter always gives me errors about trying to access folders that have nothing to do with it that I gave it no permission to access while the former swims pretty.

In summary: Origin throws a tantrum when I sandbox it.
That's interesting! I might give it a try over the weekend. I'm quite curious as to what it's accessing.

Lightknight

Mugwamp Supreme
Nov 26, 2008
Sanunes said:
SFMB said:
I'm just wondering, why EA won't release the game also in Steam? Surely, that would make them more money, even if people won't use their Origin-platform. Ubisoft is sadly adding their Uplay, but not trying to make their games available only through their inferior distribution system.
The Origin hate must cost them a lot of money, even if they have calculated tht in some point in the future of an alternative universe, Origin will be looked upon as a go-to-purhasing platform over Steam...
Because of how Valve is demanding DLC be handled on their platform, if you don't sell your DLC through the Valve store they don't want your business.

Honestly people will say EA pulled their games off Steam, but since all older EA games that didn't have any new DLC released after that policy was added is still on Steam, I think Valve pulled all of EA's titles that had new DLC released.
No. EA is in competition with Steam. It's not rocket science. This is akin to asking why Sony doesn't develop games for Microsoft consoles even though Microsoft would love to have their games. Origin and Steam are essentially the software-based console equivalents on the PC.