TotalBiscuit Takedown Notice

Roofstone

May 13, 2010
Well this is gonna be entertaining. Has been so far.

Really, you don't mess with Totalbiscuit. He and his angry Internet army is kinda scary.

TheEvilCheese

Cheesey.
Dec 16, 2008
2xDouble said:
Both TB and FUN have stated through discussions on Twitter that this was not an action by the company, but an individual claiming to be an employee.
Link? All I see on FUN's twitter is them acting stupid and blaming TB. And his Twitter just says that it's in the hands of Polaris now. I don't think it's likely a legit claim but the behaviour of the FUN Twitter operator has been smug condescending and accusatory all at once which really doesn't help their case.

Vareoth

Mar 14, 2012
I very much enjoy it when companies burn to death in the fires they themselves deliberately started. Soon there shall be nothing but ashes left and we can all move on to the next disaster.

Madman123456

Feb 11, 2011
Instead of a blacklist where i would put companies i wont do business with, not because i don't like them but because the chance that i will be getting a sub par product is too high to pour money into that;

I might need a whitelist. I buy no videogames at all except from companies on this whitelist on which i would find many creators of moddable sandbox games because i know i will be playing them for a long time.

One might argue that this is a bit of an extreme measure but considering just how many rather disagreeable people we have here i find myself disagreeing.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
erttheking said:
And funnily enough, for some reason you can only post in the Steam forums if you own the game. Like the dev team is trying to keep all of TB's fans from raging at them. Classy.
This isn't a new form of control. It's been around and Steam treats it as totally legit, along with censoring negative criticisms, etc.

Bad Jim

Nov 1, 2010
agent9 said:
TB sends them a form in which they ask the company permission to review the game with express purpose of monetizing said review. if everything is a go he makes the video if not he moves on. they are very much in the wrong on this one as they already made their bed with TB, now they have to sleep in it. it's also censorship in an attempt to deceive customers and control their own ratings which I would say is borderline illegal. it matters not where they're coming from, if EA did this we would demand their heads on a pike.
EA have done that, quite recently too. Want to give Dungeon Keeper Mobile 5 stars? Sure, go ahead. Want to give them 0-4 stars? Send them your feedback but don't rate it.

Of course, most of us have been demanding their heads on pikes for quite some time.

SonOfVoorhees

Aug 3, 2011
Mangod said:
Read this from Angry Joe, the response from that company re the block on Total Biscuits site - dont know how to embed it so if it shows as a link maybe you can use it as an update on your thread.
http://i.imgur.com/47f4jt6.png

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
Like TB or not, he sure does carry a lot of weight on YouTube, and when one of his videos get taken down, he makes sure that people notice it. Hopefully some good can come of this, and maybe some day YouTube will make it a lot harder for occurrences like this to happen whenever a company gets butt-hurt from some critique.

Sunrider

Add a beat to normality
Nov 16, 2009
https://twitter.com/Totalbiscuit/status/434775923490295809

It just keeps getting better!

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
Sunrider84 said:
https://twitter.com/Totalbiscuit/status/434775923490295809

It just keeps getting better!
"Our company is a lot smaller than your little channel."
So...they must obviously not know that Polaris is involved, Polaris also being largely owned by Time Warner Cable, and Time Warner Cable being one of the largest services in the United States and what might be bought by Comcast (let's hope not), who are one of the largest ISP companies in the United States...yeah this is gonna be great.

00slash00

Dec 29, 2009
So their options were get a little bad publicity and have a hurdle to overcome with their future games, or get all the bad publicity by developing a reputation of silencing any opinions they don't like, and never develop games again. Well, I guess they made their choice.

I'd like to hear TB comment about this but I can't really see it being its own video. I mean, what could he say abput this that he didn't already say about the Garry's Incident thing? Maybe it could be in a Content Patch or something

thewatergamer

Aug 4, 2012
Lolz I remember when TB Said I'd love to see them try doing a Copyright claim on my video...

Oooo they are so dead...

DapperStache

Apr 3, 2011
Having read the second letter I'am finding it hard to believe people are actually that crazy to write and send something like that. Though as previous posters here have mentioned there doesn't seem to be any evidence that FUN isn't behind all this, other than accusing TB of lying, which if anything just makes them look more guilty here.

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
krazykidd said:
but i do believe only certain people should be allowed to " review" games not every tom, dick and harry with a camera ( i'm not saying that's what total biscuit is).
The law would disagree with you there. If only 'certain people' get to do reviews, who decides what the 'certain people' are? Some kind of licensing body? Who funds it? You can bet your ass that in that kind of scenario the answer to who decides would rapidly become the publishers decide.

What you propose is a system where voicing an opinion on a product becomes illegal without some kind of license to do so, which these guys would no doubt love, but you might not when you get banned from forums or fined for having the temerity to post a review.

As it is the law protects all reviews of products, whether it's Totalbiscuit or some drunk guy. The alternative is every website being like EGM and giving Colonial Marines a 9 out of 10.

TheBelgianGuy

Aug 29, 2010
Ugh, the worst thing that'll come out of this is TB getting money and continuing his boring shtick.

At least Yathzee is actually funny. I cringe whenever TB starts showing a game and spend 20min in the options screen.

Loop Stricken

Covered in bees!
Jun 17, 2009
TheBelgianGuy said:
At least Yathzee is actually funny. I cringe whenever TB starts showing a game and spend 20min in the options screen.
Mm, yes. Gods forbid a PC-centric games reviewer actually reviews games centred around things PC gamers want.