Homoromantic: Falls in love with same gender
Homosexual: Falls in bed with them
Bieng Gay: Either of these.

Hugging is fine.

HentMas

The Loneliest Jedi
Apr 17, 2009
its only gay if your balls touch X3

no seriously, i even kiss male friends on the cheek when we havent seen each other for a while, but thats just me being very very aware that i am straight, thinking something is gay just confirms you are so awry of looking gay because you are scared of... being gay

and i am not scared at all, i never ever liked guys and never will, but i am an affectionate fellow, and i show my love physically (is that the right word? affectionate???)

anyway, no, its not gay unless you are gay.

Hedonist

Jun 22, 2011
Are you naked?
Does it give you an erection?
If not, then it's probably not gay. That doesn't mean that it isn't extremely lame, not because it's homoerotic, but because it's affectionate. That's not cool.

Kwaren

Jul 10, 2009
ravensheart18 said:
Kwaren said:
lunncal said:
Yep, definitely. Two men can only hug if they are homosexuals. It's just about as gay as wearing pink, or waxing your chest hair, or sleeping with a man.

In fact it's almost as gay as watching cartoons about multicoloured ponies.

OT: It's not gay.
The link to a pic from a toddler to preteen girl's cartoon isn't helping your case.
That's ok. I don't care what you think of me.

The Stonker

Feb 26, 2009
Yeah, I hug my friends alot and then suddenly, their penis winds up in my ass!
It's terrible these hugs....

OldNewNewOld

Mar 2, 2011
GHudston said:
While we're at it, hugging your sister is incest and petting your dog is bestiality.

Only the most insecure of people would actually think this.
This says all there is to say about this thread.
And the guy love song. There is a huge difference between a hug and a hug with sexual thoughts.

AnkaraTheFallen

May contain a lot of Irn Bru
Apr 11, 2011
ravensheart18 said:
AnkaraTheFallen said:
Of course it's not gay.
Two girls hugging isn't seen as them being gay, so why are two guys hugging seen as gay?
It may be a sign of being bi...see now that's a good thing in the eyes of most guys...so we're good with watching bunches of girls hug each other.
Well, I'm gay, and if I see two girls hugging, or I hug another girl, I don't think she's gay or bi. And when people see me and my gf hug or even kiss in public they think we're just best friends, it makes no sense to me, if they saw two guys doing that they'd immediately think they were gay.

StBishop

Sep 22, 2009
GHudston said:
While we're at it, hugging your sister is incest and petting your dog is bestiality.

Only the most insecure of people would actually think this.

Agreed.

OT: I hug more of my male friends than female friends.

Dunno why. Maybe there is a hint at something deeper and that's why my male friends are more comfortable with it because they don't think I want anything more than a hug. I think people are more ready to assume/accept platonic love between two heterosexual guys than a heterosexual guy and a chick.

elcamino41383

Mar 24, 2009
I don't hug most my guy friends. Not a full on both arms around them kind anyway. I do the "bro hug" as I've heard it called. Hand shake, one armed hug/chest bump kinda thing. I wouldn't say I'm against a real hug though. Just that with some friends, it's not how we do things. My 2 closest friends we give "daps" or the fist bump, whatever you want to call it.

TitanAtlas

Oct 14, 2010
Why would it gay? Only if there was sexual tension or something...

For example: i like women... being the man i am, i am secure of my own sexuality, so things like hugging another man, or doing gay jokes doesnt bother me... cuz im secure of who and what i am.

So its up to you... off course if your friend feels sexualy insecure i would not advice it... its a stupid thing of him to think that aniways.... unless he really is gay... or thinks you are...

SilentCom

Mar 14, 2011
A bro hug is fine but if two guys start cuddling or something as they hugged then that would suggest otherwise.

Your friend probably said no thanks to your hug offer because he is probably a little insecure about hugging another guy. I'm sort of the same way although occasionally I'll give a bro hug to one of my friends.

Hamster at Dawn

It's Hazard Time!
Mar 19, 2008
It's only gay if... well, if you're gay. You could theoretically have sex with each other without it being gay. Seriously, come over here and I'll prove it to you.

krazykraig

May 24, 2011
i just hugged my best mate, bout 15 minutes ago, some how i dont think it means were gay since it was at his engagement party(and his fiancee was there, she too got a hug)
its just simple minded people being simple

holy_secret

Nov 2, 2009
In Sweden it's very common to hug friends as a greeting and when we say goodbye.
I guess we're all gay and gonna go extinct any generation from now.