Tyra Banks Fancies Herself the Next J.R.R. Tolkien

Lullabye

Oct 23, 2008
Where's Chris Brown when you need him?
If this becomes big, I'm killing off our generation.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
miss banks ...

-.- this raise two questions in my mind

#1: she knows how to read? ...>.>??
an #2 why the fuck is this being alowd to happen.

isn't there enough shallow, self absorbed books for pre-teens already, why add another to the list, although asking for intelligence from a model would be like asking michel bay to not fuck up transformers any worse then he has

firemark

Sep 8, 2009
I watch this TV show called The Soup and it makes fun of other dumb shows. Well there was a clip of her on it acting like a rabid dog during her talk show. Seriously, people watch this shit?!?!!! She's an idiot and I hope all copies burn before they hit the shelves.

crouchingtigress01

Mar 14, 2009
Formica Archonis said:
crouchingtigress01 said:
*Laughing* That is such a funny joke, my sides feel like they?re going to bust... what? This isn't a joke? Oh snap.

Joking aside, Tyra banks appears to be a real nut ball (I mean, who is afraid of dolphins?)
Really, of all the things she's done, that's the thing I'll cut her the most slack for. Dolphins are like any wild animal - they can be mean SOBs if they want.
I'm not going to lie you are right that Dolphins are wild animals and can kill; however, she doesn't appear to have a reason to be afraid. Now if she had seen a Dolphin in the middle of a feeding frenzy I could understand it better, but it doesn't seem very rational when compared to a fear of spiders, mice, heights, ect.

Nickolai77

Apr 3, 2009
It won't be comparable to LOTR, this isn't even going after LOTR....whomever decided that in the first place? This model's book has female teenage protaganists, it's just another tweenage fantasy novel which have been ever so popular since the advent of Harry Potter. And who knows she may even be sucessful? It's not like you need talent to suceed in the world of tweenage fiction :p

Zannah

Jan 27, 2010
The Sorrow said:
I vote that the Gregor Clegane murders the main character on the first page.
You know, I'd actually read the book if that happened :D

Artina89

Oct 27, 2008
I only know of Tyra Banks through watching Charlie Brooker's "You have been watching", and she didn't do anything to engratiate herself to me (in fact she was screaming at someone who wasn't upset enough when they got voted off or something, which indicates that she doesn't have a sense of perspective and realism.) but I would predict that the book would be modelled more off Twilight rather than the works of J.R.R Tolkien.

AnAngryMoose

Nov 12, 2009
I think the longer I ponder this the more my grasp on humanity recesses. C'mon Modelland?! Bull-fucking-shit, Tyra Banks!

Sigh, and I thought Twilight was bad...

solidstatemind

Digital Oracle
Nov 9, 2008
Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow.

I think my brain just tried to flee, sans the rest of me. The use of 'Lord of the Rings' in conjunction with 'Tyra - batshit fucking LOCO - Banks' has to fall under the Geneva convention as a form of torture-- I think I'm going to suffer PTSD from even reading about this abomination.

wadark

Dec 22, 2007
The most infuriating part of all this: Half of us will probably buy the effing thing just so we can come on here and make ourselves seem cool by ripping on it.

Like all the people who hate Transformers, but go see it anyway just so they can ridicule it, make the film make tons of money by going to see it, thus making ANOTHER Transformers movie inevitable so that you can go see that one too (just to hate it, of course) and the cycle goes round again.

Seriously, if you know something is going to be bad whether by an inherently ridiculous concept (read: Modelland, Model Land), or by pattern recognition (read: most people's opinion of Michael Bay), DON'T GIVE MONEY TO THE PERSON WHO MADE IT, you're just giving them a reason to do more.

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
Hybridwolf said:

Thats it, I'm going here until the world sorts itself out.

You got space for more people in there with you?

SturmDolch

This Title is Ironic
May 17, 2009
So she didn't actually say she wants to be the next J.R.R. Tolkien, right? Because that would be blasphemy.

Boba Frag

Dec 11, 2009
Oh my good lord, no.

I really hope the update on this reads that no such embarrassment is on its way.

Voodoomancer

Jun 8, 2009
Wait, whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...

Another thing the world doesn't need. But hey, at least it's an ignoreable one...

CopperBoom

Nov 11, 2009
Tom Goldman said:
Tyra Banks Fancies Herself the Next J.R.R. Tolkien

She seriously wrote on her blog to clarify that the title is "pronounced 'Model Land.'
More like "maudlin".