Ukraine

Hades

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2013
Country
The Netherlands
Russia wants to influence because, in its ideology, a multipolar balance is safer than American hegemony.
Safer for whom? Certainly not for any country unfortunate enough to border Russia.

Reactions: thestor

Seanchaidh

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 21, 2009
Country
United States of America

The S-300 is used by both Ukraine and Russia.
only the most shameless fabulists have been proposing that Russia fired an air defense missile into Poland.

One of the hazards of continually lying is that people stop caring what you think even when you're right.
Yes. Zelensky is tempting fate.

edit: adding this

Speaking of lying, how much would you say the CIA paid Caleb Maupin's accusers to claim he pressured them into sex work? Are we talking five figures, six figures? Asking for a friend..
You clearly know more about Mr. Maupin than I do. I do not intend to change that.

Last edited:

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
1. NATO is the main potential enemy of Russia. Joining NATO and deploying American military bases on their territory is an anti-Russian politics.
2. They sponsored and supplied Russian enemies with mercenaries in wars in the Caucasus 1994-1996, 1999-2000, 2008.
Did Russia supply weapons to the enemies of NATO during those year?

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
1. NATO is the main potential enemy of Russia. Joining NATO and deploying American military bases on their territory is an anti-Russian politics.
And Ukraine had no intention of joining NATO until Russia marched into its territory, and a number of other formerly-neutral countries decided to join as well. So way to go on that front.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
And Ukraine had no intention of joining NATO until Russia marched into its territory, and a number of other formerly-neutral countries decided to join as well. So way to go on that front.
NATO Recruiter of the Year goes to...........RUSSIA!

Come up and accept your Award, Vlad! 3 nations wanting to join in a single year. I mean, that might be a fucking record for NATO membership applications.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
only the most shameless fabulists have been proposing that Russia fired an air defense missile into Poland.
It's already been established that Russia has repurposed air defence batteries for offense. They already used S-300s in the assault on Kharkiv most recently.

Reactions: thestor

Dalisclock

Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
Country
Eagleland
I guess that the use of Belarus as a base of operation, a country bordering NATO countries, is a casus belli too I guess.
No, it's okay when Russia(and baby Russia AKA Belarus) does it. Just like it's okay when Russia just nabs chunks of Europe because they can get away with it, install a puppet government/vassal state and then annexes them by "referendum" enforced by occupying Russian Army.

You know, legit stuff. Because NATO is making Russia feel bad or something so Russia is entitled to a cheat day. In this case, a Cheat day is "Russian War Crimes in Ukraine".

Last edited:

CM156

Resident Reactionary
Legacy
May 6, 2020
Country
United States
No, it's okay when Russia(and baby Russia AKA Belarus) does it. Just like it's okay when Russia just nabs chunks of Europe because they can get away with it, install a puppet government/vassal state and then annexes them by "referendum" enforced by occupying Russian Army.

You know, legit stuff. Because NATO is making Russia feel bad or something so Russia is entitled to a cheat day. In this case, a Cheat day is "Russian War Crimes in Ukraine".
But you see, it's okay that Russia does it because the USA has also done bad things (which we oppose).

Dalisclock

Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
Country
Eagleland

I don't know how accurate this is but holy shit if this is remotely true I'd be terrified to be invvoled in the Russian military in any fucking way. Especially on the upper levels where any and possibly every piece of info you get might be complete garbage based on everyone trying to make themselves look good.

The premise of feeding data into calculations to figure out chance of sucess in combat ops makes logical sense but if most of your data is error prone and inflated by the lower ranks to make them look better, I mean, holy shit. I'm not a math nerd but knowing any if not all of my data was suspect would keep me up at night.

Well, at least Russia doesn't have THOUSANDS of nuclear weapons which are surely all present and accounted for and those numbers are mostly if not completely accurate, RIGHT?

Reactions: thestor and CM156

Kwak

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2014
Country

I don't know how accurate this is but holy shit if this is remotely true I'd be terrified to be invvoled in the Russian military in any fucking way. Especially on the upper levels where any and possibly every piece of info you get might be complete garbage based on everyone trying to make themselves look good.

The premise of feeding data into calculations to figure out chance of sucess in combat ops makes logical sense but if most of your data is error prone and inflated by the lower ranks to make them look better, I mean, holy shit. I'm not a math nerd but knowing any if not all of my data was suspect would keep me up at night.

Well, at least Russia doesn't have THOUSANDS of nuclear weapons which are surely all present and accounted for and those numbers are mostly if not completely accurate, RIGHT?
The ancient law of garbage in, garbage out.

Seanchaidh

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 21, 2009
Country
United States of America
It's already been established that Russia has repurposed air defence batteries for offense. They already used S-300s in the assault on Kharkiv most recently.
Kharkiv is not in Poland. Then again, you'll believe any accusation made against Russia.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Kharkiv is not in Poland. Then again, you'll believe any accusation made against Russia.
Yes, Kharkiv is not in Poland. That's very obviously not the point. The point is that since we know Russia has been using the S-300 for offensive roles, therefore the fact that it was a S-300 wreckage doesn't provide strong evidence that it wasn't Russia.

And I didn't "believe any accusation". I literally posted twice that it was likely to be Ukrainian-fired. The difference is that I gleaned that information from figures with actual access to the site (Polish authorities) rather than far-right Twitter nobodies.

Reactions: thestor and CM156

Seanchaidh

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 21, 2009
Country
United States of America
Yes, Kharkiv is not in Poland. That's very obviously not the point. The point is that since we know Russia has been using the S-300 for offensive roles, therefore the fact that it was a S-300 wreckage doesn't provide strong evidence that it wasn't Russia.

And I didn't "believe any accusation". I literally posted twice that it was likely to be Ukrainian-fired. The difference is that I gleaned that information from figures with actual access to the site (Polish authorities) rather than far-right Twitter nobodies.
You were able to resist believing one lie about Russia because even imperialist media said it wasn't true (eventually).

Satinavian

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 30, 2016
You were able to resist believing one lie about Russia because even imperialist media said it wasn't true (eventually).
The imperialist media claimed it was Ukrainian from the beginning.

Aside from that, most of us, including Silvanus tend to check many different sources before forming an opinion and have quite a good track record of being proven right in the end. That does include skepticism towards stuff that comes only from the Ukraine and is in the end wrong.

It is you, who, after deciding that all media that is not pro-Russia was basically the same and untrustworthy, lacks any capacity to double check and confirm.

Last edited:

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
The imperialist media claimed it was Ukrainian from the beginning.
Actually, it's arguably even better than that, as the very early take from Polish authorities was that it was a "Russian-made rocket", but it was unclear who fired it. There was at that moment more reason to suspect Russia than Ukraine, and they still shied away from pointing the finger.

In contrast, the Russian propaganda site linked to earlier was making strong, affirmative claims about Ukraine shooting down random countries aircraft and the US using Ukraine to host biological weapons labs.