[UPDATE] Ocean Marketing Attempts To Extort Former Client

ChildofGallifrey

May 26, 2008
Neverhoodian said:
Sheesh, some idiots just don't know when to quit. He could very well be looking at jail time now with this latest stunt...and I honestly hope he does at this point.
Almost certainly, especially after all the media attention that this debacle has accrued. Counting these current accusations of extortion (I'm assuming that Chiullan had the good sense to record any phone conversations as well as keeping a paper trail) this would be AT LEAST the second [http://i.imgur.com/36h7p.jpg] provable felony[footnote]Possibly third, but I'm not sure if charging the customers months before sending the product was his fault or not.[/footnote] that he has committed, on top of the list of petty crimes.

InsomniJack

Dec 4, 2009
Looks like someone's getting the real world confused with Ocean's Eleven world.

But that's OK, cause this is the most entertaining thing to watch this (post) Christmas season.

cthulhumythos

Aug 28, 2009
i just... words e3scape me. i mean gog damn. howe supid can you even be? fuck. this is so reatrded i can't even type right.

rob_simple

Elite Member
Aug 8, 2010
I am loving this story more and more as it progresses; there has never been a more unambiguous villain in internet history.

bootz

Feb 28, 2011
I was wondering how he got a job. Did he spell check his resume. Did he list wwebsiting as a skill. Was the governor of the moon one of his references.

I might have to redo my resume.

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
vansau said:

I am just speechless.

This is just stupid on so MANY levels I can't even comprehend it.

You choose to conmint two felonies at once (hacking and extortion) while your both the most hated and visible person on the internet?

REALLY?

-_-

This isn't stupidity, this is INSANITY.

josh4president

Mar 24, 2010
It's only going to get better

If this fellow had any sense he would have fled when he had the chance

Now he gets to go down in flames and take his family with him

Sovvolf

Mar 23, 2009
GeorgW said:
Not only has he guaranteed that he will never have a penny to his name again (Hard to get a job, plus a possible loss of damages lawsuit), now he may put himself in jail.
This is better than any sit-com!
-eats popcorn- Well its been my entertainment for the last few days... Though I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not :/.

Indeed, I doubt after this debacle he'll be doing much more than sweeping floors or collecting glasses for a living. Giving this guys attitude and apparent lack of intelligence I have a feeling that this fellow would actually put N-control down as a reference on his C.V...

Adding to that, having a criminal record (specially for reasons of trying to extort your former clients) doesn't help in the employment area. All in all, I think this fellow is pretty screwed and, short of winning the lottery or robing a bank... May have doomed himself to a life of poverty. All in the space of a few days. Almost tragic when you think about it.

ResonanceSD

Guild Warrior
Legacy
Dec 14, 2009
Country
Australia
I'm not too sure why everyone mentions his family, why are they involved?

ChildofGallifrey

May 26, 2008
ResonanceSD said:
He claimed that his 'wife' (the fact that they're actually married was called into question) and child were receiving death threats.

Given his track record and knowing how the internet at large reacts to things, I'd wouldn't be surprised either way.

ResonanceSD

Guild Warrior
Legacy
Dec 14, 2009
Country
Australia
ChildofGallifrey said:
ResonanceSD said:
He claimed that his 'wife' (the fact that they're actually married was called into question) and child were receiving death threats.

Given his track record and knowing how the internet at large reacts to things, I'd wouldn't be surprised either way.

Same dde who claimed he knew the mayor of Boston, I don't buy it.

baconbaby299

May 7, 2011
Does anyone know the episode of South Park with the breast cancer? He reminds me of Cartman off that. Surely by now he understand the implications of his actions?

ResonanceSD

Guild Warrior
Legacy
Dec 14, 2009
Country
Australia
baconbaby299 said:
Does anyone know the episode of South Park with the breast cancer? He reminds me of Cartman off that. Surely by now he understand the implications of his actions?

I doubt it, I just read his Forbes interview. Blaming mike for not giving him the heads up on who he was? Priceless stupidity.

lordjiggly

Aug 8, 2011
If Einstein were alive today, might be surprised at how infinity can become human stupidity.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
ah, stupidity ..... i do hope he gets locked up for this, since ya know, he's breaking the law at this point. or some one throws him under a bus for real ....

Jack and Calumon said:
Oh, and this is illegal, right? This HAS to be illegal.

Calumon: ...I don't like him. I thought he just might be having a bad day, but he's just a really big meanie.
yes, yes it is, and by my (very limited) understanding, i think its a federal offense (again, not sure)

*gives Calumon a couple cookies so he's not left out and for being cute*

Noble_Lance

Sep 4, 2011
Can someone in the government just claim he has ties to a terrorist group so we can rendition him someplace far far away.