Videogame characters you're afraid of.

PirateKing

Nov 19, 2008
Jeronus said:
PirateKing said:
The Regenerators from Resident Evil 4. Without a thermal scope I wouldn't stand a chance against them...even with a thermal scome I probably wouldn't stand a chance against them.
I agree. Regenerators freaked me out so bad that it was a week before I had the nerve to face them again. Especially when you blow off their legs and as you try to run past their fallen bodies they hop up liked the demon possessed bunnies and start feasting on your neck meat. Plus the way their bodies convulsed as they walk and put my freakometer through the roof. Don't even get me started on the spiky ones.
I thought: "Hey! I'll blow off its legs and run past it...Damn it! It can move faster without legs! What a tease!"
I hate the raspy breathing that you can hear from some distance away and you're like: "Oh crap. There's a regenerator around here."
Well, about the spiky ones...Did one ever use that hug attack on you? The one where they shoot spikes through pretty much every part of your body, but for some reason is not a one hit kill? I was glad it wasn't. It just seemed weird.

white_salad

Aug 24, 2008
In Mass effect, when the Rachni queen takes over the Asari, that was just so..unnerving. It wasnt really scarry, but just the way her face jittered and shook about just made me feel...unsafe for some reason.

In the begining of Bioshock, the splicer that attacks your submarine or whatever. Jesus crhist I just got here. No need to roll out the welcoming party already.

Jeronus

Nov 14, 2008
PirateKing said:
Jeronus said:
PirateKing said:
The Regenerators from Resident Evil 4. Without a thermal scope I wouldn't stand a chance against them...even with a thermal scome I probably wouldn't stand a chance against them.
I agree. Regenerators freaked me out so bad that it was a week before I had the nerve to face them again. Especially when you blow off their legs and as you try to run past their fallen bodies they hop up liked the demon possessed bunnies and start feasting on your neck meat. Plus the way their bodies convulsed as they walk and put my freakometer through the roof. Don't even get me started on the spiky ones.
I thought: "Hey! I'll blow off its legs and run past it...Damn it! It can move faster without legs! What a tease!"
I hate the raspy breathing that you can hear from some distance away and you're like: "Oh crap. There's a regenerator around here."
Well, about the spiky ones...Did one ever use that hug attack on you? The one where they shoot spikes through pretty much every part of your body, but for some reason is not a one hit kill? I was glad it wasn't. It just seemed weird.
The raspy breath did leave me within a second of peeing my pants. My first encounter had me scared out of my wits especially after he kept coming after I blew his freaking head off. I know Lord Saddler was the final enemy but the Regenerators will remain in my mind long after I forget Lord whathisname.

Rolling 20

Jan 1, 2009
Mario.......... Seriously, Wtf is an Italian-American plumber doing taking shrooms and weed and various other 'performance enhancing drugs' and running around in sewers jumping on stuff. I have had a nightmare with him in it, he kept saying "Itsa Me-a...MARIO!"....and from there things get a little weird. Also, why does he keep going after the Princess, he's popular enough to be able to pick up any babe now right?

- LockedUp

GregorV

Aug 22, 2006
geldonyetich said:
Honestly, I think James was creepier than the rest of the characters in Silent Hill 2.
James killed his wife in a mercy killing and came to Silent Hill because he thinks she sent him a letter to meet her there. He's contemplating finishing the job. How screwed up is that?
You definitely should play Silent Hill 2 some more! Not because it would get much more scary (though it does), but because it seems you're approaching it with the right mindset (i.e. not as a monster bashing game).

rokudan

Dec 20, 2008
Any character from GTA 4. Not only is taking a human life mean nothing, there is no punishment for it.

Omnidum

Mar 27, 2008
The Flesh Eaters in Hellgate: London. They give me the creeps, especially because they are pack hunters.

Thaepheux

Dec 30, 2008
That cracked out, obese, half naked, chainsaw wielding, pig headed psycho from Manhunt.

Fenixius

Feb 5, 2007
Gotta agree with Michael McCloud... the Tank and Witch in L4D both inspire fear, for me. Not because I'm scared of them because they're horrible zombies, but because they are a lot more powerful than me. They're faster, stronger, and if I have to fight them, I'm probably going to die. That's not too common these days in the games I play, which are either singleplayer or PvP multiplayer. The whole atmosphere in Left 4 Dead helped a lot. The... tension. You don't get that in games, ever, really. So yeah, Tank and Witch.

Now, games that scared me? Super Metroid. Going into Maridia, the underwater section, when I was about 8? Freaked me out. Underwater is not a fun place. And Bioshock was pretty good. Nice creepy atmosphere the whole way, but the bit that got me was the room full of those 'statues', which were actually people who'd been killed, posed, and quickly papier-mâchéd. But that happened to them so quickly that they still had time to bleed into the paper, so they were bleeding statues. Oh, and the room had splicers in it. That was kinda freaky.

Enemies don't really inspire a lot of fear for me, 'cause I know the point is that I can beat them. And if I can destroy them, how can I be scared of them? Even if they beat me a couple times 'fore I get them, I still knew from the outset that I was supposed to waste 'em.

Dr Faust

Dec 9, 2007
Yeah, Giygas kind of freaked me out.

And the nurse from Silent Hill. Especially her FMV.

There was a guy in Xenosaga who ripped his own head off and then squashed it like a ripe orange while laughing maniacally. I missed a 20 minute cutscene a couple hours later and couldn't follow the story anymore, so I stopped playing and never found out what his deal was or even his name. My mind has probably filled in some details so that I remember it worse than it really was. It haunts me.

Russian_Assassin

Apr 24, 2008
Pretty much any enemy that chases me in a sequence where you can't fight, but have to run for it. Even more scary is when you have to quickly crawl into a hole while the monstrosity chases you and you do anything possible to escape before the monster chops your ass off (the Antlion Guard in HL2 Ep2, the bear in Condemned 2 -I never played the game, but I watched a video on youtube and I was TERRIFIED!- etc). Also any enemy that can kill me with one hit (usually by chopping-biting my head off).

Tryzon

Jul 19, 2008
Easily the best thing about Resi 4 was the chainsaw bloke: anytime I saw him, I knew to run, because he could take heads off in an instant. I just wish the rest of the game was thrilling...

sirdanrhodes

Nov 7, 2007
Jack Black from Brutal Legend, only because of a video I have recently watched that made me never want to use my console again...

EvilJester1214

Dec 24, 2008
eatenbyagrue said:
EvilJester1214 said:
2 characters will always terrify me more than any game characters ever
Khorn and Nurgle
*shudder*
Going by that train of reasoning, any Inquisitor, the Dark Eldar, Eldar Harlequins and Fabius Bile. And Kharn, despite the fact that he's such a great guy.
Chaos: So Kharn, we were wondering if you could calm the hell down?
Kharn: MAIN KILL BURN! MAIN KILL BURN! MAIN KILL BURN! MAIN KILL BURN! MAIN KILL BURN!
Chaos: .....that's a no then?
Kharn: *buries axe in collective faces* MAIN KILL BURN!MAIN KILL BURN!MAIN KILL BURN!

Ace of Spades

Jul 12, 2008
Lucien Lachance from Oblivion. He scared the crap out of me when he showed up at my house to invite me into the Dark Brotherhood.

Heroic One

Aug 29, 2007
Super Mario 64.
Big "spooky" mansion, but the Boo are more of a campy kind of scare. Nothing to worry about! Okay, the music is a little creepy... still, nothing to get worked up about.

Hey look, a red coi- OH MY GOD MONSTER PIANO AAAAH WHAT WHAT JESUS CHRIST IT HAS TEETH

barryween

Apr 17, 2008
I have afew
1.Michael J. from Captian EO
2.Nights, man or woman or...
3.The mutant freak babies from dead space. they're just... EW!
4.&5.Bowser and Peach together. What do they do in all that time? Where did Bowser's "children" Come from?