What game did you play today?

ADDLibrarian

May 25, 2008
I'm playing Pokemon Leaf Green ^^; I'm pissed at it too because I have to repeat a part all over again..I thought I had saved it, but I guess I didn't. Grr

Quaidis

Jun 1, 2008
Today I played Rune Factory Frontier. My life ended abruptly under the immense crushing power of a giant peach. Or was it a pumpkin? I can't tell.

I am also playing Wild Arms 5, just not today.

Outside of videogames, I did spend a portion of today emptying boxes of books well over twenty years old for a new bookshelf I made. The game was to find the oldest book. The sad news is that the last one I found, which was made in 1889, is going to be very hard to beat.

13lackfriday

Feb 10, 2009
Worr Monger said:
13lackfriday said:
I beat KOTOR2.
Its ending was the most anticlimatic, psuedo-cliffhangerish bullshit dickslap-in-the-face I've ever encountered.

Yet I thoroughly enjoyed it :)
It's amazingly annoying isn't it? But I still think the game is awesome... if only it had a better ending.

I played me some Starcraft SP.... finishing up Protoss. Might play some Gears of War later.
Yeah, you work so hard to get up to that point, making all your choices so carefully, watching the story unfold- All to have it suddenly cut off with almost zero explanation or sense of closure.
But yeah, like you said, it IS a hellvua journey up to that point.

My biggest gripe with the game (or the entire series for that matter) is that again and again, we are given control over the fate of a disgraced Jedi in search of redemption, and when we finally gain it, after countless battles and the forging of many strong bonds with our comrades (some romantic...), we are forced by the plot (for the sake of canon) to drop everything and abandon all we have accomplished to disappear into some godforsaken abyss, never to return or have our final fate revealed.

Warready

Apr 17, 2009
This mornin when I got home from work I winded down burning some time into Star Ocean 4. This afternoon when I woke up I did me some Dawn of War 2.

Daniel Cygnus

Jan 19, 2009
I played a lot of Fallout 3 today, second time through, my guy's evil.

Tonight I played some FEAR 2 online. Great fun if it weren't for the fire grenade/missile launcher spammers.

dadou_gamer

Apr 29, 2009
I'm actually pmaying Resident Evil 5... This game is awesome!! The graphics, the atmosphere!! It rocks!

Sasha Janre

Apr 30, 2008
Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume. It's currently kicking my arse six ways to sunday. Stupid boss having more attacks to counter with EVERY SINGLE TIME RWAWRLGHRGH.

SyphonX

Coffee Bandit
Mar 22, 2009
Neverwinter Nights 2

Never actually played through the game.. It holds my interest, which I can't say for much games these days.

Worr Monger

Jan 21, 2008
13lackfriday said:
Worr Monger said:
13lackfriday said:
I beat KOTOR2.
Its ending was the most anticlimatic, psuedo-cliffhangerish bullshit dickslap-in-the-face I've ever encountered.

Yet I thoroughly enjoyed it :)
It's amazingly annoying isn't it? But I still think the game is awesome... if only it had a better ending.

I played me some Starcraft SP.... finishing up Protoss. Might play some Gears of War later.
Yeah, you work so hard to get up to that point, making all your choices so carefully, watching the story unfold- All to have it suddenly cut off with almost zero explanation or sense of closure.
But yeah, like you said, it IS a hellvua journey up to that point.

My biggest gripe with the game (or the entire series for that matter) is that again and again, we are given control over the fate of a disgraced Jedi in search of redemption, and when we finally gain it, after countless battles and the forging of many strong bonds with our comrades (some romantic...), we are forced by the plot (for the sake of canon) to drop everything and abandon all we have accomplished to disappear into some godforsaken abyss, never to return or have our final fate revealed.
I hear ya... the original KOTOR was pretty solid. But #2 gave us so much more to work with.... Influencing our comrades, turning them into Jedi or Sith was really cool. Kreia was a great character until it essentially led nowhere.

The game was just really unfinished... I wish someone would just completely revamp it. What really got me... is when I turned the Handmaiden into a Sith (I gave her the dark side speech and all that goodness).... yet she still lectured me... "Be careful or you'll fall to the dark side".. What the hell?

I also thought the romance scenarios were great... having the chicks be jealous over each other was fantastic... but unfortunately... let to nothing.

matsm

Apr 15, 2009
Assassin's Creed. got it cheap last week.
some minesweeper and Empire Total War

Christemo

Jan 13, 2009
nothing yet. but ill play some L4D and maybe some WoW soon. might go to the ps2 and play some fighting games (digimon rumble arena 2 is awesome, had it for 3½ years now and it isnt getting boring) i highly recommend all 3.

Gunn01

Feb 13, 2009
Today I played Left 4 dead as i always do. I also popped in mirrors edge for a bit until i realized i hated it. i'm installing tom clancy's Hawx right now and will play that later.