What if the last Two Games you played share the same Universe?

sidhe3141

Jun 12, 2008
Fallen London and The Magic Circle.

Probably something involving a Correspondence-based Analytical Engine.

sageoftruth

Jan 29, 2010
Xerosch said:
Sonicron said:
The last two games I played are Bloodborne and Yoshi's Woolly World.
Yeah, I'm in a similar position. In my case it's Demon's Souls and Broken Age. Hmm... now that I think about it, this could actually work. In Broken Age you find a knife early on and there's a monster that terrorizes the world with no one except you questioning the offerings.

If you take this setup/different locales from Broken Age and combine it with the gameplay of Demon's Souls, you'd get a very pretty slaughterfest.

That being said: I'm honestly surprised about how the basic setup of Broken Age could fit to be a side story in the Souls-franchise...
I wonder if someone could insert adventure puzzle elements into a game like Demon's Souls. These games usually have lots of moving from one place to another in search of the answer to some puzzle. Why not stick a ton of traps and monsters in the way?

sidhe3141

Jun 12, 2008
Fallen London and The Magic Circle

Something involving the Correspondence and an Analytical Engine, probably.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the Batman.

Sounds fucking awesome. Game developers should use this strategy to come up with new IPs!

SweetShark

Shark Girls are my Waifus
Jan 9, 2012
Silvanus said:
Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the Batman.

Sounds fucking awesome. Game developers should use this strategy to come up with new IPs!
Not a good strategy if the most users play Batman, Witcher and Fallout....

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
Space Marine + State of Decay.
Bring those fucking zombies on! I'll chainsword the shit out of them! And I'd like to see the Big 'Uns survive a thunder hammer! ...bastards...

Chefsbrian

Jun 25, 2012
So.... Red Orchestra 2 and Borderlands the Pre-Sequel? I don't think I could handle borderlands style weapons in a red orchestra game... I can just imagine realizing "That's not artillery, thats a shotgun firing rockets that explode into acid".

On second thought, I want this game.

RyoScar

May 30, 2009
Binding of Isaac Rebirth and GTA 5....

hmmm well I guess that could work, imagining Michael being chased and attacked by horrific gorey monsters could make quite a fun mod xD

Dirkie

Feb 3, 2009
Pharaoh/Cleopatra and Saints Row 4.
Superpowered egyptian city themed mayhem.

Serious Sam 3 comes close.

generals3

Mar 25, 2009
EVE Online and Civilization 3... Hmm, so an MMO Space civ with lots of scamming and griefing? Would be rather weird.

votemarvel

Elite Member
Legacy
Nov 29, 2009
Country
England
The Walking Dead and Mass Effect.

Shepard has already fought zombies in the forum of Husks and (s)he's highly armoured and has near infinite ammo.

Lee Everett is screwed.

Amur El Bey

Sep 2, 2013
League of Legends + Skyrim

That's actually a pretty decent idea right there. A MOBA game set in the universe of Elder Scrolls. You can have Ulfric Stormcloak doing battle with Mannimarco in a nice big battle royale. Elder Scrolls does have it's fair shair of powerful and interesting characters to draw from it's lore.

Rebel_Raven

Jul 24, 2011
Zachary Amaranth said:
Rebel_Raven said:
Samurai Warriors Chronicles and Pokemon conquest... But it's already pokemon fused with Samurai warriors. I guess it'd be a genre change? From grid style tactical to koei styled brawler? Or a more standard pokmon game with samurai Warriors characters?
Actually, I really like the idea of a Pokémon game done in classic Warriors style. Especially if you can swap out like Warriors Orochi.

It's not really a combination of the games you mentioned, though. Not directly, anyway.

It'd still be pretty neat.
I agree. There kinda is a game like that in Pokemon Rumble World where you have a top down view, and scoot about as a wind up pokemon fighting swarms of other wind up pokemon with assorted attacks all in favor of a king. You can swap pokemon provided you don't get interrupted in the process.
Game's free with some microtransactions that don't really impact the game.
The battles are pretty bite sized.

It's no Koei game, though.

Captcha:
<youtube=wSmYSZGMZj0>

UmberHulk

Jun 4, 2014
Payday 2 and deadly premonitions
The payday gang goes to Greenvale to hide out but then weird shit happens....how does that sound Zach?

Zeraki

WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOOOOOOR!?
Legacy
Feb 9, 2009
New Jersey
Country
United States
Mega Man X4(Zero's story) and Metal Gear Rising.

I can just imagine playing a Mega Man X game with Rising's gameplay, especially as Zero. It would be one of the most satisfying things I could ever hope for in a video game... I want this to exist now.

Xan Krieger

Completely insane
Feb 11, 2009
Depth and Empire Total War
So basically Depth just takes place 200 years after Empire Total War. Alternatively, steampunk Depth, someone make that a texture pack.