What is your avatar...and why?

oktalist

Feb 16, 2009
Mystery Science Theatre, because it's bloody brilliant.

In particular, "The Brain that Wouldn't Die". Not that it's my favourite episode, by any means, but it looks good on a avatar and the riff still kinda makes sense out of context. It reminds me of when the scientist keeps prodding the dead astronaut in "Night of the Blood Beast".

My personal icon in the top right provides continuity with my previous avatar (I changed it to celebrate reaching 1000 posts) and any future avatars I might have.

FunKing

May 17, 2010
TimeLord said:
My avatar is what it is because; Doctor Who, David Tennant and Blank are all brilliant!

Plus, if you watch my avatar then you will be entranced and keep watching it until you have noticeably aged!
so far i havent seen a Doctor Who avatar i haven't liked....even liked 1 so much that i sent that person a message (wish they'd post on this thread)...you my friend were gonna be another person i message...love it

as far as my avatar...well it's what i have atm, it's my DJ symbol for the online station i DJ for, or at least used to (It's been a while since i have due to work and other RL annoyances)

AlexGoBoom

Jul 11, 2010
Mines a bomb-omb... weird someone else has a bomb-omb as an avatar, uh originally i wanted a chibi version of me holding a bomb unfortunately my scanner and main computer conspired to self-destruct at the same time damn technology.

RootbeerJello

Jul 19, 2009
It's from a webcomic called Fanboys that kicked unholy amounts of ass when the writer decided to get off his and update. I picked the specific frame because it's awesome, from the one major plot arc, and perfectly sums up the expression of realized failure. Which I find funny.

Blindswordmaster

Dec 28, 2009
It's a three headed Gatling gun with the words "Seriously Get off my lawn." Why is it my avatar? I work very hard to maintain and sculpt my lawn and I would greatly prefer that you stay off of it. I'm also willing to enforce my preferences with superior firepower. I'm very serious.

Mr. Gency

Jan 26, 2010
My avatar is Sam Fisher doing a Death From Above.

Kindly made by [user]ultimateownage[/user]
TimeLord said:
My avatar is what it is because; Doctor Who, David Tennant and Blank are all brilliant!

Plus, if you watch my avatar then you will be entranced and keep watching it until you have noticeably aged!
People assume that time is a straight progression of cause to effect, but actually, from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbely-wobbily, timey-wimey... stuff.

Addictive...

ICanBreakTheseCuffs

Jun 4, 2010
a reference to one of the greatest books and blend of rpg,fps,and survival horror games ever made ever!METRO 2033 ALL THE WAY!!

PS:if anyone agrees than tell me

Slenn

Cosplaying Nuclear Physicist
Nov 19, 2009
My avatar is of my original character EMily, who is the personification of the electromagnetic force. The EM force is my favorite force out of the four fundamental forces of nature, and plus I made her blue, because blue's my favorite color.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
My avatar is Team Rocket getting pwned by my favourite Pokemon. It basically states my loyalties when it comes to the war between people who hate Pokemon and the people who love it.

Aerodynamic

Feb 23, 2009
A snippet of the cover art of Oceansize's album Everyone Into Position, also A pineapple.

Also I love the album.

natster43

Jul 10, 2009
My avatar is a picture of me dressed as a Hunter from L4D drinking coffee. Why? Hunters are cool.

arsenicCatnip

Jan 2, 2010
Mine is Baby!Dave, from Homestuck [http://mspaintadventures.com]. I picked it because, c'mon, it's Baby Jam! Homestuck is an amazing comic, but I've considered changing both my av and my name to the handle of a character I like even better than Dave: Nepeta.

spartan231490

Jan 14, 2010
It's Heero yue( i don't think i spelled that right) and gundam 01. Why, because gundam wing is awesome, and heero is such a badass, he can sprint with a broken femur.

Wainamoinen

Jan 16, 2010
It features my glamorous and fragnantic facial features, which convolutes every single relationship on this planet, since at least 99,9% of the vaginapeople (also known as women) feel that their boyfriends/husbands/lesbian lovers are inadequate after viewing the picture of my beautiful face.

So yeah... It's me.

MisterShine

Him Diamond
Mar 9, 2010
Mine is a sackboy version of The Nameless One, and in the foreground is the Symbol of Torment.

I thought it was the most amazing thing I'd ever seen, so I figured I'd make it my avatar. I know I'll make someone's week when they realize what it is.