What is your avatar...and why?

bak00777

Oct 3, 2009
Sir Shmoopy, because I love Unforgotten Realms, and i wish it was still in production(its kinda in limbo last i checked) It is what got me to come to the escapist.

skitzo van

Mar 20, 2009
ooknabah said:
Mine is Eh! Steve which a)Really made me laugh the first time I saw it and b)is obscure enough that not a million people use him.
Well time to constantly wear my Eh-Steve shirt (If I still have it)
OT: Its a guitar that looks like a foot, with bee stripes and wings sticking out, I chose it because its my favorite artist's ex-main guitar.

Irony's Acolyte

Back from the Depths
Mar 9, 2010
Mines an edited version of Glad to Be Back by George Grosz. I really like the painting so I cropped it to make it a better avatar.

Here's the full version

Don't really know what it means, but it looks really cool to me.

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
It'a Pikachu.

Why? Because it's just so cute, and I got tired of that Pinsir picture.

jaythedogg

Jan 28, 2010
tlozoot said:
You may recognise mine from the art-deco loveliness of Bioshock. I think it's a visualisation of the lighthouse leading down to Rapture and may just symbolise the greatness that Rapture was meant to be...or some such crap. Either way, it's round and looks quite nice, so it's my avatar.

Your collective turns.
<==== Default avatar. Why? My avatar does not define me.

The Free Wind

Jul 12, 2010
Mine is a picture of the Green Flash (probably not really, but it's what I google searched for), because I like the color green, and it's tough to get a picture that combines green with the sky.

Eclectic Dreck

Sep 3, 2008
It's a fencer. I chose the avatar because I'm a fencer. Like the little man in the graphic, I too use a foil though I do not employ the "classical" stance.

Stuntcrab

Apr 2, 2010
Its a H.E.C.U. Marine from Half life 1

Why you may ask I fucking love the grunts!!
You know the soldiers that the drunk generals said Kill everyone!! and they ended up getting their ass kicked (or eaten by a barnacle) by the aliens

LemonMelon

Jul 10, 2010
I rather love Pin-Ups. Not in a sexual way (being a straight female) but I love how easily they mixed class and sex appeal. Varga and pin up art is my favorite.

Axle_Bullitt_19

May 29, 2009
Mine is Lelouch and Shirley dressed as cats because the whole love story between the two really got to me and was the first romance story that I ever enjoyed.

era81

Jun 11, 2009
Mine is a Mossberg Roadblocker it's in a place of honour because my real Roadblocker saved me from having my head removed on tv and I like my head where it's at I know it's not much to look at but I've grown attached to it.

archvile93

Sep 2, 2009
It's Vile from Mega Man X. I always just thought he was awsome despite the fact he was completely out of his mind.

War Penguin

Serious Whimsy
Jun 13, 2009
ooknabah said:
Mine is Eh! Steve which a)Really made me laugh the first time I saw it and b)is obscure enough that not a million people use him.
... But not obscure enough for me not to know that it's from the Homestar Runner cartoons, the best cartoons online. :D

You, sir, have good tastes.

OT: My avatar is the result of me failing to fight off flying monkey's for my avatar. The reason why it is there has two answers. A joke answer and a real answer. I'll just let you choose which one to believe.
It's not like I had a choice. The flying monkeys stole it!
I just thought it was really funny when I saw it and decided that it would be a good avatar.

Skorpyo

Average Person Extraordinaire!
May 2, 2010
Mine is the logo for the defunct video-card manufacturer 3DFX.

They operated from the late 90's to the year 2000, when they went through the most epic bankruptcy in the PC hardware industry and were bought by nVidia.

However, they were far in the lead during the PC hardware "arms race", and actually are responsible for the MSAA and SLI features found in modern graphics cards.

If you want to thank anyone for the shiny, beautiful graphics we have in games today, they are responsible.

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
The Brain Salad Surgery album cover because I love the album and reckon the picture looks awesome. Also, it's kind of like advertising, listen to the album dammit!

Xpwn3ntial

Avid Reader
Dec 22, 2008
My avatar is Yuki Nagato in her witch costume. The reason being I thought I'd never get a moving avatar, then this came along. Changed it to see if it would work, and voila! Yuki is now my avatar. I keep her because she's standing in the wind. What's not to like?

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
<-This is Wakko Warner, of the 90's animated series, "Animaniacs."

I love the show, I use his photo in every site I have a profile on.

no oneder

Jul 11, 2010
tlozoot said:
You may recognise mine from the art-deco loveliness of Bioshock. I think it's a visualisation of the lighthouse leading down to Rapture and may just symbolise the greatness that Rapture was meant to be...or some such crap. Either way, it's round and looks quite nice, so it's my avatar.

Your collective turns.
It's really nice.