What kinds of things keep you up at night?

Rusty Bucket

Dec 2, 2008
When i've been sat on my laptop (not literally) for 3 hours with my ipod on shuffle repeat. All i can think about while i'm trying to sleep is bits of random songs.

Lord_Ascendant

Jan 14, 2008
the voices.....they never stop!!!

in all seriousness though, usually i sleep fine if its with my girlfriend. i usually cant sleep without her. is that a sign or something?

MercenaryCanary

Mar 24, 2008
But there were exceptions.

Yeah, I guess. Maybe not all the time but there'd be this one person, this angry face in the crowd screaming shit at you. "What the fuck took you so long?" "My husband died two weeks ago!" "My mother died waiting for you!" "We lost half our people last summer!" "Where were you when we needed you?" People holding up photos, faces. When we marched into Janesville, Wisconsin, someone was holding up a sign with a picture of a smiling little girl. The words above it read "Better late than never?" He got beat down by his own people; they shouldn't have done that. That's the kind of shit we saw, shit that keeps you awake when you haven't slept in five nights.

Extra points if anyone here can tell me where this quote is from.

Thespamanator

Aug 20, 2008
Mercanary57 said:
But there were exceptions.

Yeah, I guess. Maybe not all the time but there'd be this one person, this angry face in the crowd screaming shit at you. "What the fuck took you so long?" "My husband died two weeks ago!" "My mother died waiting for you!" "We lost half our people last summer!" "Where were you when we needed you?" People holding up photos, faces. When we marched into Janesville, Wisconsin, someone was holding up a sign with a picture of a smiling little girl. The words above it read "Better late than never?" He got beat down by his own people; they shouldn't have done that. That's the kind of shit we saw, shit that keeps you awake when you haven't slept in five nights.

Extra points if anyone here can tell me where this quote is from.
Damn It's familiar....
And I bet someone's ninja'd it while I type this =[

EDIT: Gears of War?

Thespamanator

Aug 20, 2008
Mercanary57 said:
Thespamanator said:
Damn It's familiar....
And I bet someone's ninja'd it while I type this =[

EDIT: Gears of War?
Nope. Not Gears of War. But keep thinking apocalyptic.
http://www.scribd.com/doc/7370872/World-War-Z-Max-Brooks - That's all I can find ^^

Splyth

Jan 30, 2009
Country
United States
I usually don't have a problem going to sleep. But there was this one time I was bunking with a guy whom was later given the name "Buzzsaw" he hit every snoring note imaginable then all of sudden he just stop. and just as you start to doze off. BAM! he starts again.

ultimateownage

This name was cool in 2008.
Feb 11, 2009
Khell_Sennet said:
Currently I suffer from a condition where my stomach produces too much acid, and when I sleep, it makes its way up my throat and burns the shit out of it and my mouth. Typically this makes me wake up (which is good, because severe cases of this can cause you to drown in your own stomach acids), and I spend the next two+ hours in pain, deprived of sleep and very irritable. Only the soothing cries of my victims can lull me back to sleep.
That would probably burn through your esophagus. I don't have problems with sleep any more, and when I do I can never remember why, usually stuff I can't stop thinking about, like a book.

wewontdie11

May 28, 2008
Just the question "Why?" about pretty much everything. And I have the habit of going back and over analysing what some people have said to me over the course of the day.