What was the last game you found yourself seriously addicted to? - CHAT WITH THE STAFF!

Strategia

za Rodina, tovarishchii
Mar 21, 2008
Red Orchestra. I'm not really addicted as in I'm mainlining it straight into the bloodstream with needles I found lying next to a dead hobo in an alley, but these days rarely two or three days go by without at least one game. I also can't seem to shut up about it - the majority of my recent posts are at least partially about the game.

wwjdftw

Mar 27, 2009
irishstormtrooper said:
I was addicted to playing Battlefield: Bad Company multiplayer for a while.
*cries* its... its OK i, i know your pain you just think you have to get to level 25 and keep going and going an going *crying*

Apr 28, 2008
Civilization 4 and its expansions.

I once started playing it, lost track of time, and before I knew it I spent 12 hours straight on that damn game. Its just so damn addicting to me, I have no idea why.

Whenever I start the game I spend about 4 hours a day on it. Its that "just 1 more turn" mentality that I get into, its bad -_-

Booze Zombie

Dec 8, 2007
Much as I hate to admit it, during my more bored days, I've allowed myself to become addicted to Runescape.

Not to mention I was determined to run Prototype into the ground for a week solid and then did so.

Also: YOUR MUM!

VincentMm

Feb 13, 2009
Tony Hawk's Proving Ground.
For the whole day and a half it took to complete...

Before that I'd have to say skate. had me hooked for a few weeks.
And of course FFVII which had me pulling 30hr weeks all the way through at least one summer.

Whistler777

Nov 14, 2008
Unfortunately, Runescape.

I'm currently in the throes of MMO crack addiction, and let me tell you, I am in deep...

Fluga

Jan 10, 2008
Diddy Kong Racing for me. Why? Adventure mode 2 and T.T.

T.T makes everything his *****.

Gyrefalcon

Jun 9, 2009
EMFCRACKSHOT said:
i have about 400 hours gametime on olivion i think. It may be more XD
And i have a couple of hundered on Mass Effect too. My Mass Effect time keeps increasing, i just cant stop playing it. It doesnt help that i spend about ten hours just doign the Citadel when you first arrive there XD
Ugh. Exactly. I adore Morrowind/Oblivion/Elder Scrolls in general. Maybe it's because you can ignore the main story and make a living as a potions maker or relic hunter pretty much. You get an open world and can do what you want and if you get bored you can pick up a side quest or do the main quest. I just never tire of that.

And I will give Myst props for its ability to lure you in and allowing you to explore and figure out the story on your own.

Finally: Master of Monsters, Culdcept, Rock Band, Pokemon Colosseum, and Mario Party 5-these are all great hours eating games to play WITH FRIENDS! The vast majority of games out there encourage people to sit alone and block out everything else. It is great to find games that remind you what being social is about.

A side note to developers-games like Rock Band get groups to pool their resources to get downloadable content to share just like they will pool money for pizza for a group. I don't think it is always realized that group games can draw group support.

gabdewulf

Sep 12, 2008
COD4 is the latest enjoy too much. But, the all time classic is counter strike. It seemed just when you got bored on one build a new mod would come out and keep the game going.

SamuelT

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2009
Country
Nederland
Pokémon, when I was younger.

Prototype and Oblivion at the moment.