What was the last game you found yourself seriously addicted to? - CHAT WITH THE STAFF!

The Shade

Mar 20, 2008
Well, let's see now:

A week or so back I stayed up for 32 hours to play through Dreamfall: The Last Journey. But that may have been due to boredom.

Whenever DLC for Fallout 3 drops I go into crack addict mode and start itching around waiting for it to download so I can start playing it.

And I spent a good two years neglecting my high school work in favour of Runescape a few years ago.

So, looking over this list, I'd say "Yeah, I have a problem."

Spirultima

Jul 25, 2008
No idea why, but Endwars is damn addictive, i start a match, thinking "Why not, its been a while" now after you 100% (after about 2-3 months inactivity) some dude you tend to reply with "BOOYA FOR EUROPA!" and end up looking at your match count and notice you have won about 10 matches and lost about 2.

o_0 where does the time go!?

Yegargeburble

Nov 11, 2008
My last serious addiction was Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones.

I logged over 100 hours on one file, then something happened to the cartridge and it deleted it, so I started again.

That game is awesome.

TOO S0BER

Jan 5, 2009
Most recently? Dead Space. I haven't clocked no 100+ hours or anything like that, but I had the longest one-sitting play time that rivals the time I would sit and play TES IV or FO 3.

Couple years ago it was Diablo 2: LoD. And I'm ashamed to admit, I actually spent real money for a set of items *groan*.

After Diablo is was Cod 4 multiplayer, and when WaW came out, it was WaW Multiplayer and Zombies.

PeaceFistCreations

Feb 19, 2009
The demo for inFAMOUS had me hooked so bad.
I very literally had a go to work/play inFAMOUS demo/sleep schedule for a good week or so.
I played it so much, that by the time the game itself came out, I already was tired of it.
I made a note to myself to avoid doing this ever again.
If I start doing this to some new demo in the future, I'll delete it, and wait for the game.

masterkeaton

Sep 3, 2008
Most Recently... Oblivion, But I have to say I spent an Ungodly amount of time on Fallout 3 too

May 28, 2009
It's been a while since I was last addicted to a game. I think the last one I was addicted to properly was Saints Row 2, playing it every day, before I had to give it back (borrowed games take up a lot of your time seeing as you don't have much to play them).

My largest addiction I think was with KOTOR. I had three hours reserved a day to play it, from 6 to 9, and every day I would always make sure I had everything sorted out, then I'd relax, settle down and play. Nowadays I wake up too late and am busy all evening, then go downstairs, watch Scrubs or something (recorded) until a terribly late time, then realise that if I play a game now I'll wake everyone up, so I go to my room and watch Red Dwarf DVDs, before falling asleep halfway through one. I am not very good at going to bed.

OpiateChicken

Jul 2, 2009
No one else was addicted to Diablo 2 LOD? I spent a shameful amount of time playing that...

Other than that,

Fallout 3
Probably Oblivion and Fable 2 when I get a disc that isn't scratched
Mass Effect
Halo 1-3, beating everything on legendary and getting all the achievements
...and no one else was addicted to Zelda OoT and Majora's Mask when they first came out?

Azraellod

Dec 23, 2008
either chess or aq worlds. chess was the last game i was addicted to, right now it is aq worlds.

dudehead

Jul 21, 2008
Since February Vacation it has been Fallout but now my 360s busted up the nuts so Im stuck with inFamous...

... which is amazing...

Dr Mango

Diabolic Fruit PhD
Jul 2, 2009
Probably spent 150+ hours on Okami for the PS2, though it probably didn't help that I was stopping every 10 minutes to dash around and enjoy the scenery.

Conveant0

Feb 4, 2009
tendo82 said:
I'll also get addicted to WoW for about a month at a time then not play it at all for two months.
Do have to admit, I've gone back to WoW four times for a month each time, over about 2 years. I couldn't say why, I just felt drawn back before finally quitting.