What's your name's origin?

Woeps

Oct 18, 2010
I'm named after my grandfather's and a person in the bible (since I carry three names) of which my first name is named after my father's farther.

My sister is had the same thing only she has carry's my grandmothers names and her first name is my mothers mother name.

Also does my name mean sharp knife in some languages

xyrafhoan

Jan 11, 2010
My name is my mom and my dad's name mashed into a conjunction. Ironically it means that my name means the same as my dad's but feminine, my middle name is my mom's last name, my last name is my dad's last name, and my initials are the same as my dad's.

For the record, my name is Joanna, my dad's is John, and my mom's is Diana. The idea of a conjunction came from my cousin, after my parents were stumped for a name.

jakeblues1295

Jun 6, 2011
Well me and my dad are named for the same people (his granddads, my great-grandads) James Hunter and Charles Bryant. My dads name is James Bryant and mine is Charles Hunter.

Optiluiz

Dec 30, 2010
I'm named after my Grandfather, but my name means Warrior Prince... Rabbit... Long story...

go-10

Feb 3, 2010
Damien my dad was a HUGE fan of the original 1976 The Omen movie... kinda sucks that I'm named after the Antichrist

Chemical Alia

Feb 1, 2011
Shaylyn means "from the fairy palace/fort" :CCCCC

My middle name the one I use in my screen name and it's the female version of Ali.

Jun_Jun

Sep 21, 2009
I was named after a lucky white scottish flower
second name a female off shoot of the latin word 'Patrician' (upper class)

snappydog

Sep 18, 2010
Well... My first and middle name collectively mean something along the lines of 'bearer of Christ, in a valley'. Surname's habitational from a small village in Somerset, where it apparently means 'small farm'. So... I guess I'm the (atheist) bearer of Christ in a valley in a farm, somehow.

lightningmagurn

Nov 15, 2009
My First name comes from Brian Boru, a badass in his day because now Brian means brave, and my middle was the name of my dad's firefighter friend who died right before I was born.

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
Sean is the Irish version of 'John'. John is a Greek name derived from a Hebrew name meaning 'Yahweh is merciful'. So mine name is actually the third or fourth iteration of it. Neat.

SilentCom

Mar 14, 2011
My first name is derived from a Hebrew name from a certain stone cutter in the Bible. My last name is German and means barrel maker.

Funny, because I am neither Jewish nor do I make or consume anything from a barrel...

Errumill

Aug 22, 2011
According to a quick Google search, my name is Old Norse for "ever powerful/ruler of the people" :-D

ELD3RGoD

Apr 23, 2010
Harrison - Named after Harrison Ford because my mum fancied the guy! and apparently it means I can be extremely social yet suffer from self-pity and depression (pretty accurate) and that I would be better company to be around if I could keep my opinion closed. (Very true)

Jay - Named after the bird, or similar to Homer J Simpson?

My surname - Named for Walton's Castle, Yeehaw!