Why bother making 'friends'?

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
this just kind of reminded me that I dont have any freinds....

or the ones i did have a drifted from..my own fault

JoesshittyOs

Aug 10, 2011
Pandaman1911 said:
AmbitiousWorm said:
High school kids. A source of endless entertainment.

Thanks for making me laugh.
I feel exactly like you do. Does that make me a bad person?
Of course not.

If someone is so destined to make himself miserable, you have free range to take joy in his downward spiral.

OT: Well, Because of fun. Fun feels something like this...

Because F is for friends who do stuff together

U is for you and me!

N is for anywhere and anytime at all!!

Here in the Deep Blue Sea!

bluepilot

Jul 10, 2009
Because...it is not linear-(DS 9)

I took me until 23 to make some good friends but whatever happens I love my friends.

And if the above quote taught me anything, it taught me that life is as linear or as corporal as you make it. The rest is just incidental.

Beautiful End

Feb 15, 2011
Yeah, your opening post sounds completely emo. Sorry, bud, but it's the truth. Although I'm sure you don't mind me saying that.

It just seems like you're going through that phase. Most of us go through the same thing. It will pass. And if it doesn't (Or you're...older than you seem), here's something else, then.
I get what you're saying. I suppose I'm a bit of a misanthrope myself (Not saying you are...directly). I've made tons of 'friends' at school, work, randomly, and so on and none of them proved to be what I was looking for. I wanted what others had: A loyal, true friend who accepted me for who I was and could put up with me no matter what, i.e, if I'm in a bad mood and I tell my friend to fuck off, he's not gonna be offended forever, but he'll understand. Something like what you see on TV. And I never found said people. Most people were too different or wanted something out of me that I just didn't want to give because it didn't feel natural. So I withdrew myself.

And hey, I'm happy by myself. But eventually, I found a couple of people who were nice to me and seemed to like me for who I was, god knows why. So out of all the people I've met in my entire life, I can honestly say I have like less than 5 people I consider good friends. Not awesome, not best, but good friends. Friends I hang out with every now and then and it's fun and then it ends. That's all I need.

Yeah, eventually, we'll all move out and we might stop talking to each other but hey, we had a good run. Like someone said, everything is temporary. Video games make you happy only for a while. Food too. Music, TV, other activities, even this thread might only give you guidance for a while. So if you stop and analyze everything like this, guess what? You're gonna be so miserable. If that's what you're into, go for it. If not, then, and I say this in a respectful way, suck it up and move on.

Almost all of us here have gone through the pain of losing someone for whatever reason; friend, family, possessions, whatever. It hurts, yes. But we're all here. We're stronger now than yesterday. And hey, if you think you don't fit in with anyone else, well, that's okay, I guess. Don't force it. Maybe you'll find a good friend someday or maybe not. You just gotta be comfortable with that idea.

It appears to me you're just afraid of getting hurt again and boy, I cannot begin to tell you how many people go through that everyday. But...sorry, buddy, pain is a part of life. You can either learn to suck it up and carry on with life following your own rules whatever they may be or you can just sit and cry about how lame life is. Your choice.

And believe me, feeling some sort of pain is better than feeling nothing at all. Come on, it's been sung by almost everyone now. This is knowledge that you learn when you go through the emo phase. You should know this.

Ruwrak

Sep 15, 2009
So what is friendship by your definition then?
I mean, what would you and friends do and be according to you?

elvor0

Sep 8, 2008
Look at meeee, give me attention I'm so bitter and angry, I hate you all but I have to make this thread to announce my angst!

Saying that, if you act like your OP I'm not sure why people would WANT to be friends with you in the first place.

KarlMonster

Mar 10, 2009
I'm really not saying this to be mean:

Do these things:
Get a good night's sleep. Go for a long walk. Not the sort of excursion like Tycho Brahe; wearing a motorcycle helmet with a dark visor. Get some sun. On your skin. When you see people do not avoid them. If you pass near enough, say hello. If they want to chat, stick around for a bit, idle banter is not life-threatening.

Repeat as necessary.

This is *good* for you.
I'd like to write 'good' in big neon lights on a stainless steel base, because this font just doesn't have the expressive power.

Look. It's not 'the-world-will-end-if-you-don't' critical that you make friends. If you want to you will, and if you don't want to, that's cool too. There are now seven billion people in the world. If you can't find one or two that you like, then swing by and see me. Cause you must live in my neighborhood!

You don't happen to have a table saw, do you?
Friends share, ya know!

ultimateownage

This name was cool in 2008.
Feb 11, 2009
Emo emo emo, whine whine whine, ***** ***** *****, why does nobody love me.
You're telling this to a SOCIAL COMMUNITY! Stop being so angsty for attention, and if not attention, then grow up.

Aeonknight

Apr 8, 2011
The bad is what helps you truly appreciate the good. Without one, there can't be the other.

Such is life.

Robert Ewing

Mar 2, 2011
Friends are vital if you want to function as a sane member of society.

Sure, you can go without for a few years, but then again you can go without exercising for years. Eventually it will catch up to you, and eventually it needs to be done. Only making friends is a lot harder than exercising.

Your brain needs social interaction, it needs to find affection in other people, and to be gratified. You really don't want to hear the Hikkimori horror stories. Bottom line, friends are important, and if you don't want a friend strictly speaking, have a 'mate' then, a buddy to get this human requirement filled at the very least.

holy_secret

Nov 2, 2009
Mikodite said:
It sounds like you've never experienced love with a friend.

There are different kinds of friends. There are those you need to hang around with all the time in order to maintain the relationship. There are also those you meet whenever you can, be it months in between or years. The person will always be happy to see you.

And the reason people do these things that will always end in complete disaster (like getting close to another person when we know that the one thing living creatures have in common is death) is because life is short, and it is singular. Everything we do is what we can do, so what we can do should be what we want to do. You don't get second chances.

My point is; Just because you haven't experienced the real deal doesn't make it meaningless nor unreal.

Tizzmarelda

Jul 1, 2010
DarkRyter said:
Friendship is magic, ************.
That made me laugh verily sir, free hugz for you! Its true too.
http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2009/8/12/128945502973139889.jpg

predatorpulse7

Jun 9, 2011
I tend to have strong acquintances so to speak, not friends in the classical sense(that will be there for you all the time and such). It's somewhat funny cause I have kept in touch with people I've known since highschool and we do share common interests(mostly games), we hang out from time to time(mostly to game but we do stuff outside of that as well, going to a pub etc.) and while I do enjoy myself, after 1-2 hours, my brain(which supposedly craves social stuff) is telling me "this was nice but why don't you go do something else". As in I enjoyed it but not THAT much.

For me, the George Carlin method still works best "I like people, but in short bursts". I don't claim that I am some enlightened being but most people bore me to death after a while, even people I like and want to be around again. Maybe I am more of a lonesome person that I thought. I don't think being a hermit is an option but there are people who don't really crave social interaction all that often.

Dreamer of Theaters

Jun 15, 2011
Shycte said:
Dreamer of Theaters said:
Shycte said:
Dreamer of Theaters said:
This thread is so stupid that I'm not gonna respond to the question. I WILL however, read the hilarious responses from other people who can see through this misanthropic bullshit. Honestly, misanthropy is pathetic unless your Daria. (then it is hilarious) Go Daria!
Tell me, do you play Korn or Disturbed at full volume in your room? GO LISTEN TO SOMETHING ELSE! (perhaps Zeppelin, Yes, Sabbath, Metallica, Slayer, Beatles, Blur, Jethro Tull, Deep Purple etc.) I suggest Jethro Tull and Beatles, they are uplifting and happy. At least MOST of their stuff.

WE ALL LIVE IN A YELLOW SUBMARINE! (that got bombed by Jimi Hendrix when he was snorkelling underwater on a pony) See Yahtzee for that last part.
I RATHER SEE YOU DEAD LITTLE GIRL THAN TO BE WITH ANOTHER MAN.

And when you get to the corus you cut yourself. While naked. In the shower. On the floor.
Mate, what the fuck are you on about?
If you get to scream out random Beatles lyrics, so do I. Freedom!
That's odd. It didn't pop up on my tabs that you responded. Wtf?
I AM THE EGGMAN! I AM THE WALRUS SITTING ON A CORNFLAKE THAT COMES TOGETHER WITH A YELLOW SUBMARINE, AND I SAY HELLO AND YOU SAY GOODBYE!

And don't worry, that last part was not meant torwards you, but the OP. But if you feel like it sounds like a pleasant afternoon I suggest you try it.

Syzygy23

Sep 20, 2010
Mikodite said:
Of anything I've learned in my short stay on this planet its that people are temporary, disposable, and possibly garbage.
Wow, you could not sound any more like a sociopathic serial killer if you tried.

EeveeElectro

Cats.
Aug 3, 2008
That's an awful state of mind.
Some friends do come and go, so then you make new ones. Out of my old ones, maybe 1 or 2 still talk to me. Instead of crying, I made new friends.
I still can't believe people think, "All people are shit until they prove themselves worthy" so those self righteous twats seem to think it gives them the right to treat everyone like shit.

Gonna guess OP is younger than 20 years old. They should hopefully grow out of it, I used to be really miserable and attention seeking years ago too.

ultrachicken

Dec 22, 2009
You say that every human being on Earth is a pile of garbage, so I ask you: do you think that of yourself? You don't seem to, so what makes you think you are better than every other human being on the planet?

Come back to this thread in a few years and see if you can view your post as anything other than a collection of teenage angst in text form.

Radelaide

May 15, 2008
Oh, you're going through that phase. The little "woe is me; the world is shit and no one is worth my valuable time" thing gets real old, real soon when you realise that no one likes that kid and you're lonely. It's easier to accept that life isn't short, it's the longest thing you'll ever do and it's a fuck tonne better when you've got friends and family who love you and actually want to be around you.

Generalissimo

Your Commander-in-Chief
Legacy
Jun 15, 2011
Country
UK
Mikodite said:
I admit that I sometimes feel lonely and I do have a few people I hang around with.
then make friends out of them! honestly this is beyond reasonable cynacism and has now descend into baawwing. (not other posts, just the first one) yes i know i'm gonna get a warning for this, but you REALLY need to take your head out the cave and look at the good side of life.

off topic: i have some music that will make you happy; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7g8V_jJHYE off topic, but meh.