Will someone please explain why hitting a girl is bad but hitting a guy is fine?

Druyn

May 6, 2010
cheftacular said:
twasdfzxcv said:
Women don't want equally. They want to be paid like men and treated like women.
We were having a discussion about this in my English class. I brought up this exact point, but I forgot my teacher was a feminist-hippie-creep. Big mistake.
Yeah, likewise for me earlier in the year. I mean seriously, feminists need to lighten the fuck up. Yes, we get it, women have been treated unfairly, we are all for you getting equal rights. Just dont be bitches about it, or nothings gonna change. Know why? Because thats what makes men hate you. And other non-feminist women.

Also, I cant tell if that sounds absolutely terrible or not.

The_Eskimo

Mar 4, 2010
FargoDog said:
There are guys who will hit their girlfriends for no other reason than to show dominance and blow off steam, because they think they can get away with it. That, in my opinion, is just cruelty.

If a girl is genuinely attacking you there's no reason not to hit her back, but abuse against women is something I can't stand.
cruelty to animals?
i kid...sorta

twasdfzxcv

Mar 30, 2010
cheftacular said:
twasdfzxcv said:
Women don't want equally. They want to be paid like men and treated like women.
We were having a discussion about this in my English class. I brought up this exact point, but I forgot my teacher was a feminist-hippie-creep. Big mistake.
Bring up the idea of male abortion and see what her reaction is. It's the test of hypocrisy for these kind of people.

Mstrswrd

Always playing Touhou. Always.
Mar 2, 2008
I always laugh at that rule. I was taught "Defend yourself. It doesn't matter if that means against a girl or boy. If they hit you, hit them back."

There's the key. They have to hit your first. Once they hit you, all bets are off. Hell, my first scuffle was with a girl. She hit me, and for some reason, I was kind, and warned her not to do it again. She did. That didn't turn out well for her, let me say that (I actually only tripped her onto her ass, but it was still a major embarassment for her).

Never hit first, because the one who initiates the attack is the legally viable one.

HarmanSmith

Aug 12, 2009
It's called a double-standard, they're fucking everywhere in society. Racism, medicare, social security, and feminism are all examples. The only thing you can do is learn to deal with it. I just laugh, Joker-style.

AugustFall

May 5, 2009
WanderFreak said:
I love how the arguments FOR generally include things like "men are physically stronger than women" or "woman have less upper body strength."

So you're saying ALL women are weaker than men?

Oh, you're not? Some are stronger?

Well then you don't have an argument.

If hitting one is fine, hitting the other is fine. I'm not advocating going around hitting people for no reason, but if you give me a reason, male or female, I will put you down.
By that logic since there are strong mentally handicapped people it's okay to hit people with learning difficulties.
Your logic is flawed, and tbh you sound like an asshole.

Hitokiri_Gensai

Jul 17, 2010
because we're weak and vunerable and guys are strong and capable of fighting better. so now ignore the 15 years of martial arts experience, three competition shooting trophies and the Glock 19 i have in my purse xD

Eri

The Light of Dawn
Feb 21, 2009
jonhozierb said:
Are you serious OP? I really, really hope this is trolling. Otherwise, I'll explain it. ONLY SCUMBAGS HIT WOMEN. Equality has nothing to do with it. Fairness between the sexes is based on opportunities afforded each gender being equal. It isn't a physical thing. Most sports aren't co-ed, certainly no contact sports are. No-one pretends men and women are physically equal. Any man that hits a woman is the very worst kind of scum imaginable.
You have no idea what you're talking about. If a woman was to hit me for no reason, if I hit her back I'm scum? Rethink your life. It's on the wrong track.

cgride555

Aug 15, 2008
eggy32 said:
Marter said:
Males are usually stronger. They can do more damage.

That's the way I look at it anyway.

And it's a societal thing. It has always been worse, so that thought is in people's minds.
Usually stronger? What about those of us who aren't stronger? Those of us with weak and flabby arms who can barely bruise a peach?

dude... just... dude! lift some fuckin weights! I'm no barbarian, but that last statement was just embarrassing for you. You don't hit girls cause they tell they're friends and you never get laid. nuff said.

Thaius

Mar 5, 2008
Because women used to be respected, if a bit oppressed. Then they fought for political freedom, and they were no longer oppressed, but still respected. Then feminists decided being equal wasn't good enough, they had to be identical. Thus, women lost all the respect they used to have by their own free will and design.

I have nothing against women. But I think feminists took it way too far, to the ultimate and intense detriment of women and their standing in society.

joshuaayt

Vocal SJW
Nov 15, 2009
If a girl hits me, and I believe that there is a good chance that the current level of physical abuse my body is taking will continue, or escalate, I will attempt to engage and remove the threat, using precisely as much force as I must.
If a boy hits me, and I believe that there is a good chance that the current level of physical abuse my body is taking will continue, or escalate, I will attempt to engage and remove the threat, using precisely as much force as I must.
I despise violence, though, so I'll try not to retaliate anyway, and this is regardless of gender. I will say that girls who go around hitting guys in various places, then hide behind the "OMG GIRL BASHER" shield and laugh with their girlfriends, should probably take a long walk off a short pier.