Will someone please explain why hitting a girl is bad but hitting a guy is fine?

Pegghead

Aug 4, 2009
Women aren't as physically strong as men and it is the traditional, gentlemanly thing to be kind to a woman. Besides, you shouldn't be hitting anybody.

Xanadu84

Apr 9, 2008
Because from an evolutionary perspective, Women A) Take priority over men, because they are capable of reproducing B) Have the power of Mate selection to offset the weaker position they take on from the more aggressive men. When either gender abuses its evolutionary strength, it is perceived as unsustainable, and therefore highly immoral. This is why men abusing physical dominance through violence is considered so unacceptable, and why women abusing Mate Selection through cheating is seen as much worse compared to men, who are just programmed to screw anything that moves. Both double standards have an evolutionary basis. Also, C) Violence and control being visited on a female from members of your, "Tribe" would, from the perspective of evolution, be a frequent precursor to Rape. Evolution selects for individuals who are extremely aggressive against perpetrators of rape, as it takes away a woman's power of mate selection, and cuckolds the male. Basically, domestic violence implies rape in our lizard brain, and males must disapprove strongly of rape, for the express purpose of avoiding being forced to raise another persons child.

This is why I laugh when people talk about evolution like its some kind of benevolent force. Evolution is a very real thing. Its also cruel, evil, and dumb as shit. It would be difficult to design a more cruel, or less efficient process.

TPiddy

Aug 28, 2009
Hmmm, I haven't hit anyone in such a long time... haven't really needed to. But if a woman came at me with serious intent to injure / kill me.... you bet your ass I'd clock her one. Only enough to get her to stop though, I wouldn't wail on her or anything.

II2

Mar 13, 2010
- There is abuse, but also, self defense

- Double standards exist for both sexes.

- Acts of aggression are unique moments, with at least two subjective views.

I think everyone can agree on those basic principles. That said, the topic could be expanded on in all directions, but I think those points are a solid foundation.

Edit:
Removed "- Only extreme circumstances justify violent force." - too subjective.

the lapalminator

Jul 27, 2010
Thedayrecker said:
Marter said:
Males are usually stronger. They can do more damage.

That's the way I look at it anyway.

And it's a societal thing. It has always been worse, so that thought is in people's minds.
This pretty much sums it up. Also, girls have a lower pain threshold, so you're causing more pain.
girls actually have a higher pain threshold due to child birth

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
hitting anyone is bad, what you really want to do if it comes down to it is knife them

Citrus

Apr 25, 2008
There are more ways than punches and kicks to take a woman down. You can do it without really hurting her or leaving a mark. Trip her and catch her, catch her hand and twist it behind her, etc. It lets you defend yourself without dealing too much damage or being "shocking".

Paksenarrion

Mar 13, 2009
Depends on the situation and your definition of the word "hit".

Also, if you're strong enough (this applies to either sex), you can subdue your opponent without hitting them.

That is, if you're strong enough...

Harrowdown

Jan 11, 2010
Xanadu84 said:
Because from an evolutionary perspective, Women A) Take priority over men, because they are capable of reproducing B) Have the power of Mate selection to offset the weaker position they take on from the more aggressive men. When either gender abuses its evolutionary strength, it is perceived as unsustainable, and therefore highly immoral. This is why men abusing physical dominance through violence is considered so unacceptable, and why women abusing Mate Selection through cheating is seen as much worse compared to men, who are just programmed to screw anything that moves. Both double standards have an evolutionary basis. Also, C) Violence and control being visited on a female from members of your, "Tribe" would, from the perspective of evolution, be a frequent precursor to Rape. Evolution selects for individuals who are extremely aggressive against perpetrators of rape, as it takes away a woman's power of mate selection, and cuckolds the male. Basically, domestic violence implies rape in our lizard brain, and males must disapprove strongly of rape, for the express purpose of avoiding being forced to raise another persons child.

This is why I laugh when people talk about evolution like its some kind of benevolent force. Evolution is a very real thing. Its also cruel, evil, and dumb as shit. It would be difficult to design a more cruel, or less efficient process.
I think you win.

RobfromtheGulag

May 18, 2010
This query falls under the same blanket as the abortion debate in my book, but I'm bored;

Assuming I'm in a situation where I deem physical violence is absolutely necessary, gender is going to be irrelevant.

Exius Xavarus

Casually hardcore. :}
May 19, 2010
For the same reason that men are looked up to by their peers most times for getting as much ass as he can, and women are usually frowned on for it and called whores/sluts and the like. Though on the man hitting woman thing, I'd say it's more of a chivalry type deal. I, however, believe that as we are equal, that a woman can be hit back if she is out for your life, or to inflict serious harm.

Dr.Sean

Apr 5, 2009
Hitting a girl is bad because it has been drilled into our heads for centuries that women are not people, they are animals, and hitting them is animal abuse.

WorldCritic

Apr 13, 2009
Well in an actual fight I think hitting a girl is fine. Refusing to hit them because they are girls is sexist after all.

Xero Scythe

Aug 7, 2009
It's 'Hitting first'. Women have a different musculature than men, and so receive more damage while dealing less with every blow. Men can take the damage and deal it out, so they're even on that standpoint. Also, chivalry and all that. Self-defense, it doesn't matter though.

Flunk

Feb 17, 2008
Hitting anyone is wrong, it's just worse if you hit people weaker than you because they can't defend themselves (at least not that well).

Midnight Crossroads

Jul 17, 2010
It's because of the perception that women are weaker than men, and that a man should shrug off anything a puny woman can dish out. Yay sexism.