Worst. Weapon. Ever.

Exius Xavarus

Casually hardcore. :}
May 19, 2010
Broken Sword in Demon's Souls. I wanted to be ridiculous and try to run through the game with one...it's not working out. Or the broken Giant's Knife in Ocarina of Time. But my vote is still Demon's Soul's Broken Sword.

demoman_chaos said:
The Broken Sword in Demon's Souls. It is only useful since you can upgrade it into a decent sword, otherwise nil damage and poo range.
The Slaves Shield is also very very useless.
Damn, I got ninja'd.

Double A

Jul 29, 2009
demoman_chaos said:
The Broken Sword in Demon's Souls. It is only useful since you can upgrade it into a decent sword, otherwise nil damage and poo range.
The Slaves Shield is also very very useless.

Double A said:
It's just that swinging a mace is so fundamentally different from a sword. It's too bad Bethesda thought it wasn't realistic and removed it for Skyrim in favor of 1-handed skills and specialization in different kinds of weapons.
Having had experience with a multitude of melee weapons, I can say otherwise. The only difference is the balance, which isn't always a difference (viking longswords are very blade heavy). If you can use a sword well, it wouldn't take but a few swings to learn to use a mace well.
I know, I was being sarcastic.

Xeros

Aug 13, 2008
AlotFirst said:
Varmint Rifle in Fallout: New Vegas.

It felt as if I was playing Morrowind, missing all the time.
If you have high guns skill, the silencer, and the night scope for it, it's one of the funnest weapons in the game.

OT: The F2000 in... everything.

Suicida1 Midget

Jun 11, 2011
I would go as far to say the companion cube from Portal 2. Mostly because i was trying to use it to kill my buddy..... he would always move right when i opend a potal just above him.

PureChaos

Aug 16, 2008
REvolve said:
Klobb from Goldeneye, takes 7 shots to shoot through a pane of glass. Oh the frustration.
i'm with you on that. it was a stupid piece of nothing that had no good side what so ever. actually forgot about that weapon until you mentioned it. CURSE YOU! did like it in Perfect Dark where you could get a KL01313 or something like that

zehydra

Oct 25, 2009
REvolve said:
Klobb from Goldeneye, takes 7 shots to shoot through a pane of glass. Oh the frustration.
hahaha this.

That's why I usually play with low health when I play multiplayer with people. To make the klobb actually half-decent.

Edit: also, fun fact:

This thing is both known as the "Klobb", (I don't know where the hell they got that name) and the skorpion from Call of Duty.

Same gun, only, one game used the correct name.

Oct 30, 2010
Jak23 said:
Basically any rocket launcher in Borderlands, you either hit the guy right on the dot or he hardly get's hurt! Have you ever heard of splash damage Gearbox!
Or you could use my strategy as Brick; run into a pack of guys with punching power, it runs out, die, 5x burst rocket launcher at the clowns standing around me, revive and punching power is off cooldown.

I can't think of any names, but in Mass Effect there were various models off weapons that were worse in all 3 stats than another model, despite being of equal level/availability etc.

ExileNZ

Dec 15, 2007
Urdnot Perplex said:
The survival knives from Resident Evil. If your life is in danger you're better off slitting your throat with it to avoid experiencing what it's like to be eaten.
Amen. Those things are fucking useless.

teh_Canape

May 18, 2010
Jove said:
Easy. The stick from Fable 1. Seriously...a stick. That's as low as you can get!
idk bro

the Prince from Warrior Within made it work rather nicely

sure, they were just crows

but still =P

Simeon Ivanov

Jun 2, 2011
aegix drakan said:
Simeon Ivanov said:
The cane from Dr. Jekyll and Mister Hyde ... it literally does nothing!!!
No no! It can kill bees! :D

......although that still makes it just about the most pathetic weapon in existence...

Incidentally, that may have been the best Angry video game nerd video EVER. XD

ExileNZ

Dec 15, 2007
Mike Laserbeam said:
Yumore said:
The Crowbar in Deus Ex... if your gonna be using melee why kill the person if you can knock them out at the same range silentley
And yet why do I feel so much better using the crowbar than any other melee weapon short of the Dragon's Tooth sword...?
I know I don't - billyclub all the way, baby. I tried using the crowbar because of halflife and the thing's just useless.

Xeraxis

Aug 7, 2011
zehydra said:
REvolve said:
hahaha this.

That's why I usually play with low health when I play multiplayer with people. To make the klobb actually half-decent.

Edit: also, fun fact:

This thing is both known as the "Klobb", (I don't know where the hell they got that name) and the skorpion from Call of Duty.

Same gun, only, one game used the correct name.
The name of Klobb came from Ken Lobb, a producer who helped work on the development of Goldeneye, which was named in his honor.

Though it's ironic they would put his name in honor for the worst weapon in the game hahaha.

Ddgafd

Jul 11, 2009
Stalydan said:
The first one is any shotgun with a scope in Borderlands. Granted the weapon itself might not be that bad but anything that has such a short range should not have a scope! Especially one that could be considered a sniper scope.
All the sniper rifles I've found have less than 2x zoom, but a shotgun I have has 4x zoom.

OT:

Mac-11 or Uzi in Black Ops. Why would anyone ever use those?

Agarth

Jul 14, 2009
The rocket launchers in Borderlands. Absolutely useless. They may boast 421 damage when your current weapon boasts 134 damage (or something like that) but in truth you should just stick with your current weapon. I fired a rocket into a crowd of raiders, it did barely anything to any of them.

Anything in Demon's Souls that wasn't made from a demon's soul. Though it does let you light your weapon on fire... Yes, burn cultist Cythulu faced monster thing... Burn...

Burntpopcarn

May 29, 2011
the navy colt 1911.45 Handgun in Black ops. The darn thing's useless! it takes like 5 clips from it to kill a zombie! ONLY ONE ZOMBIE!!!!

TheMann

Jul 13, 2010
The grenades in Doom 3. They bounce around like they're made of rubber making it impossible to determine exactly where they're going to go. You have to throw them directly at an enemy, meaning there's a good chance you'll just blow yourself up too.

Also in Deus Ex, that ridiculous PS90(I think that's what it was called), a disposable one shot plasma weapon that looks sort of like a bottle of pepper spray. Only good at extremely close range, and even then it didn't deal enough damage. I never even bothered to pick them up.

Pseudoboss

Apr 17, 2011
Castlevania: Symphony of The Night, the Tyrfing, it has -30 attack power, and it's supposed to be able to heal the enemy under certain circumstances.

DaBozz

May 27, 2009
Excalipoor from FF5, nuff said. -_-

It does 1 damage...not matter what you do.