Would you Kindly? a VG Quote Thread

Mr.Amakir

Jun 2, 2010
"You speak of knowledge, Judicator? You speak of experience? I have journeyed through the darkness between the most distant stars. I have beheld the births of negative-suns and borne witness to the entropy of entire realities... Unto my experience, Aldaris, all that you've built here on Aiur is but a fleeting dream. A dream from which your precious Conclave shall awaken, finding themselves drowned in a greater nightmare." - Zeratul

You know from when Starcraft still had good writing and a great visual design.

WolfEdge

Oct 22, 2008
Admiral Odesyus says: Hey, Cookie! What's for dinner tonight? And don't say chicken!

"Cookie" McWeaksauce says: Yarr, Admiral. Let me think about it... Arrr... It be comin' into focus.

"Cookie" McWeaksauce says: It looks like it be succulent pork ribs basted with its own
delectable juices and a side o' Captain Sander's Secret Sauce - fer dippin'.

"Cookie" McWeaksauce says: And fer dessert we be havin' cheesecake, flown in fresh from Stormwind on the wings o' angels...

Admiral Odesyus says: Wow! Really?

"Cookie" McWeaksauce says: No. Not really...

<"Cookie" shoots a chicken>

"Cookie" McWeaksauce says: It be chicken...

Admiral Odesyus says: I hate you so much, Cookie.

Championknight

Jun 7, 2010
"Did you think a little thing like the end of the world was gonna do me in?"
Sabin Rene Figaro - Final Fantasy VI.

Jack and Calumon

Digimon are cool.
Dec 29, 2008

Calumon: Yay! I am won! ^^

starwarsgeek

Nov 30, 2009
"But...
the future refused to change
*Lavos scream*"
--Chrono Trigger, "Day of Lavos" Ending/Game Over

"Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope. Statement: This definition, I am told, is subject to interpretation. Obviously, love is a matter of odds. Not many meatbags could make such a shot, and fewer would derive love from it. Yet for me, love is knowing your target, putting them in your targeting reticle, and together, achieving a singular purpose, against statistically long odds."
--HK-47, Knights of the Old Republic II, when asked about his views on love.

I find it funny that, if you ignore the assination context, that last sentence kind of fits.
...funny, and a little creepy.

"I long for the sweet peace of the pasture... but the bright colors of the world taunt me!
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown!
I am so serious about this!
Dull colors are the future!
...The next generation!"
--Bullet Bull, Super Paper Mario

I never found this guy while playing the game, but it's the page quote for "Real is Brown" on tvtropes

"They were like gods."
"Damn right, I do look divine!"
--Juhani and the player character, Knights of the Old Republic

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
My collection:

But I don't really want to talk about that right now...
- Sith Officer in KOTOR, She says this line every time she ends a thought.

A living being above all else seeks to discharge it's strength. Life itself is will to power. Nothing else matters.
- The Jackal (Far Cry 2)

And he said: "Dance for us, atrocious nothing."
- Fable Headstone

"-let em' have it."
- (Dialogue heard from Sergeant Johnson over 9000 times when you're starting the Halo 2 campaign on Legendary for the first time.)

I have no enemies, merely topographies of ignorance.
- JC Denton

Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow?
No, says the man in Washington; it belongs to the poor.
No, says the man in the Vatican; it belongs to God.
No, says the man in Moscow; it belongs to everyone.
- Andrew Ryan

Targets within 15 meters of the flashpoint are not likely to survive.
- BFG 9000 Briefing

Some people are heroes; some merely clap as heroes walk by.
- Some Cook from Jade Empire

It ain't the size that matters; it's how you use it.
- Serious Sam

Shadow and light are two sides of the same coin. One cannot exist without the other.
- Zelda (If you can guess the game, you get 3 cookies.)

Jelly ^.^

Mar 11, 2010
"What a shame."

"Bravery is not a function of firepower"

"I, Garland will knock you all down!"

"You've taken my wollypop!" "And don't you ever forget that!"

"It's a cat! Yuck!"

"I feel like a klepto, taking all of these things."

"Five more steps and you'll be a new person"

"Today, every living cell on earth will die. You had one chance."

"I AM ERROR."

Bios06

Devil's Little Sister
Feb 26, 2011
"Didn't we have some fun though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'NOOOOOOO WAYYY!' and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you'....that was great..."

I swear I cracked up more during Portal than I do during most games.

Cogwheel

Apr 3, 2010
Plenty of great ones, but I think the first place goes to the endgame speech in Planescape: Torment. Followed closely by the "edge of the coin" speech in Soul Reaver 2.

SoranMBane

May 24, 2009
"USE RUN TO MOVE QUICKLY." - Dead Space

"Watch out for the head-humpers, Gordon!" "Don't forget to reload, Dr. Freeman!" - Half-Life 2

"There's a giant tentacle blocking the transport door." "Stick around; I'm full of bad ideas." "Fuck you! And fuck your Marker!" - Dead Space 2

And literally EVERYTHING GLaDOS says in Portal.

Vigormortis

Nov 21, 2007
Trezu said:
What was Your Favourite video game quote or quote's
I've got many, but I'll only list a few.

"Ah, no pit would be complete without a Freeman climbing out of it!" - Vortigaunt

"Oh, and Freeman! If you pull this off, I might just forgive you for that debacle at Black Mesa. You know the one I mean... involving a certain microwave casserole." - Dr. Arne Magnusson

[link]http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0853117/quotes[/link]

Gregg: Conker! Conker! Conker! Yes you, boy! You're dead! You are dead! Dead as a do... dead as a... I can't be arsed with this bloody, ridiculous contraption! Whose idea was this anyway? (pause) Right... hello... um... my name's Gregg... the Grim Reaper, and don't laugh!
Conker: Aren't you a little short to be a Grim Reaper?
Gregg: Well, how many Grim Reapers have you met before, mate? Well, what am I supposed to look like?
Conker: Yeah... that's a good point, and well made.
Gregg: Now... let's see... ah yes, Conker. Surname?
Conker: The Squirrel.
Gregg: The Squirrel... the... oh bloody hell, you would have to be a sodding squirrel, wouldn't you?
Conker: Why? Is there a problem with that?
Gregg: Well yes there is, actually! It's like those bloody cats! Such a pain in the arse! You're one of these special cases!
Conker: Oh really!
Gregg: Yes! Apparently, according to the powers that be... I'm just doing my job. I do what I'm told, and don't even get paid very much. Apprently, squirrels can have as many lives as they think they can get away with!
Conker: Oh, I see! So I'm not dead!
Gregg: You're dead, but not quite.
Conker: Huh! Right! I'll be off then!
Gregg: Tsuh! Just you wait, smartarse! You don't get out of that easily. Now, the thing is, you may not be dead, but that doesn't mean you can't die. You just have a few more, shall we say, chances. Yeah. Like cats! I hate those things! Right! Distributed around your little world are these tail things! Squirrels' tails. If you can get them, I'll give you an extra chance, understand?
Conker: Um... well... sounds a bit strange, but okay.
Gregg: Strange? It's the best bloody deal you're going to get, you little prick! Right! That's it! Piss off! I've got some cats to see! Bloody things... I hate those bloody cats... the way they meow and they piss everywhere... and their shit smells just bloody awful... (mumbles)

[link]http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0279742/quotes[/link]

"They oughta name a school after me for this shit." - Coach

Nick "I'm getting sick of looking at this guy's face."
Coach: "Well trust me - in these parts, he's as famous as....Elvis. Or the president."
Nick: "Really. 'Cause he looks like an asshole."
Coach: "Get yo' ass movin', Nick."

[link]http://left4dead.wikia.com/wiki/Left_4_Dead_Wiki[/link]

Maybe I'll list more later. For now, it's early morning and I need to get ready.

Osaka117

Feb 20, 2011
"This is my grandson. He's been your rival since you were a baby. ...Erm, what is his name again?"

"That's right! I remember now! His name is DOUCHE!"

Aurgelmir

WAAAAGH!
Nov 11, 2009
Guybrush after having met a monkey that did Monkey Kombat to him:

"I have no idea what he said, but I feel mildly insulted"

Also from Warcraft 3 Mage:

"For the end of the world spell, press Controll Alt Delete"

TheSquashedOrange

Feb 8, 2011
"It's a weapon, it's really powerful, especially against living things" gotta love the first resident evil with it's voice acting. Oh yeah, and "one who knows nothing can understand nothing." Everything Ansem says in the first kingdom hearts sounds badass.

Geo Da Sponge

May 14, 2008
Recently Isabella from Dragon Age 2 has come up with some amusing ones:

"If I can get you to stick your thumb up his arse I win."
"What can I say? I love big boats and I can not lie."
"I can whore myself out without any help from you!"

And this gem with Merril:
Random NPC: You don't want to go through there though, there's a huge dragon!
Merril: Are we going through there? I've never seen a huge dragon before.

StraightToHeck

Booby booby bum bum.
Oct 13, 2010
"I've had enough of your disengenuous assertions." *punches reporter in face* - ME2

Ezio's mom - "You need to find more outlets."
Ezio - "I have plenty of outlets!"
Ezio's mom - "I meant other than vaginas." - AC2

"Dear humanity, we regret being alien bastards, we regret coming to Earth, and we most definently regret that the Corps just blew up our raggedy-ass fleet! Hoo-rah!" - Halo 2

"Secrets are like herpes: if you got 'em, you might as well spread 'em around." - ME1

There are more but I can't think of them right now

Anima the Aeon

Sep 21, 2010
"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!"

Auron from Final Fantasy X.

tahrey

Sep 18, 2009
TundraWolf said:
The only two I know for sure are the marine squad and the Dreadnought. The others are educated guesses. I love Dawn of War.
Ahhh, haven't played that in so long, and normally it was on the Orc side, but I know what you mean. I figure they probably had the same scriptwriters and actors as the older Warcraft games (back when it was still single-player, yknow...)

Which does provoke a memory of a pythonesque GEEETT ON WITH IT!!! as an eventual reply when you did that old thing of repeatedly clicking on a newly acquired unit to see what sorts of things it said :D (because soldiers that would chat back with more than one or two stock phrases were pretty new at the time).

I don't remember too many individual speeches and the like, so can I just have little samples?

"Silos needed" in C&C was always nice to hear... we got plenty of tiberium, boys, so just keep holding off the enemy until we can crank out a few more of you...

"Ergonomically terrific" and a bunch of other dumb things from Megalomania :)

"X needs food badly!" "X shot the food!" "X is about to die!" "X is IT"... etc :D

skrkrsWELCMMssfsTEWffsfGOLTRUNAsfkskr...

and, for me, an iconic moment of first turning on and loading up a 16 bit machine: a very plain and simple "SECTOR ONE". Telling you ... THE GAME'S STARTED - GET SHOOTING SOME STUFF!

Oh and though it was only expressed in text and an "ooo" sample, Maria / Celes' opera in FF6 must count for something, alongside all the lunacy from Kefka?