Your Pokemon Gym

J4AZero

Feb 8, 2011
Sonic Doctor said:
J4AZero said:
Sonic Doctor said:
No, no we can't. Besides, I heard there was a ton more stuff to do after the Elite Four.
oh so SO much more and no more stupid battle tower YAY!!!!!!!
Actually, the Battle tower is technically still in the game. It is the Battle Subway in Nimbasa City, it runs on pretty much the same premise.
i ment the whole frontier thing that they've made remade and totally killed

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
Charizard
Blastoise
Mew
Zekrom
Gengar
Articuno

I think that pretty much covers everything.

Oh, and my gym would be a massive hole in the floor with a million different invisible dead end paths to the other side and ninja trainers every 3 steps

Odbarc

Elite Member
Jun 30, 2010
If you were a Pokemon Gym Leader what would your Gym be like?
I'd be the gym that, despite in-game directions, would promote using a single Pokemon at ridiculously high levels that one hit KO everything for being 3/4 levels lower due to exclusive training.

What type would you use?
"Sweeper" I believe is the terminology. 100% offensive abilities.

What would your team be?
Starter pokemon.

Asehujiko

Feb 25, 2008
KefkaCultist said:
I'd have a lightning pokemon team composed of (I only know generation 1 w/ a few exceptions):
-Zapdos
-Raichu
-Magneton
-Electabuz
-Jolteon
-Zekrom (He's Dragon/electric :p )

My puzzle thingy would be a grid of like tesla coils and several switches throughout them. Using a switch turns on a coil but turns on another and you have to find the correct pattern to get to me while still fighting trainers (I have no idea if this has been done in any generations other than 1 since thats all I've played)
It has been repeated in every single game except possibly gen 5, which I haven't played.

GroovyV

Feb 23, 2011
I've thought about this before, and now that i can post about it, nothing's coming to mind.
I think i'd have a ghost/normal type gym, allowing me to use two of my favorite types, Haunter and Snorlax, or a ghost/dark/bug type? (the phobia gym :p )

There would be at least twice as many gym trainers as you see in the usual game gyms, some of which are double/triple battles. Fighting me would result in a triple battle with 6 pokemon, or double, with 6 still. I think i'd like a maze of sorts, (no invisible walls) with several wrong choice/dead ends, that results in getting double or triple teamed.

RoyalSorceress

Jun 15, 2010
Sonic Doctor said:
J4AZero said:
Sonic Doctor said:
Oh, I know I will do fine, I haven't had any trouble with a Pokemon gym since the 7th gym in Ruby.

White has been a fun game, but for the most part it has been very easy.
it has been a fun game and there are still some things to do and we can't forget the artwork can we
No, no we can't. Besides, I heard there was a ton more stuff to do after the Elite Four.
I have the guide and after the Elite Four you have
your final confrontation with Team Plasma
catching Zekrom/Reshiram
get the national pokedex
do a bunch of little sidequests
and then fight the Elite Four and Champion again (they use the same pokemon just 20 levels stronger.)

So yeah, there are a lot of things to do after.

I don't know what I'd choose as a Gym Leader team, probably my current team in Diamond.

Blaziken
Scizor
Gallade
Sneasel
Luxray
Crobat

My gym would have a series of logic puzzles and optical illusions in it.

ILUV2YIF

Jan 15, 2010
I would run bidoof gym. All my pokemon would be bidoof. My challenge would be a large amount of bidoof statues in suggestive poses to throw my opponents off their game.

iNsAnEHAV0C

Sep 20, 2009
My Gym would be like the evil guys floating base from Pokemon 2000. I would have all the pokemon from the red/blue and gold/silver. And I could randomly select any 6 before any battle with a trainer. Since my gym is a floating base only the elite of the elite trainers could face me. I would be more like the Final Boss-esque character.

animemetalhead

Dec 15, 2009
Electrics:

Pikachu w/ Light Ball
Magneton
Electrode
Ampharos
Emolga (To mess with all the ground types)
Jolteon

J4AZero

Feb 8, 2011
Asehujiko said:
KefkaCultist said:
I'd have a lightning pokemon team composed of (I only know generation 1 w/ a few exceptions):
-Zapdos
-Raichu
-Magneton
-Electabuz
-Jolteon
-Zekrom (He's Dragon/electric :p )

My puzzle thingy would be a grid of like tesla coils and several switches throughout them. Using a switch turns on a coil but turns on another and you have to find the correct pattern to get to me while still fighting trainers (I have no idea if this has been done in any generations other than 1 since thats all I've played)
It has been repeated in every single game except possibly gen 5, which I haven't played.
no for once that trap wasn't made...instead we get a roller coaster gym and electric pokemon that can do high ammounts of damage to rock types

A Gray Phantom

Mar 4, 2011
I stopped playing after silver and gold, but I did start my own gym. I drew and designed my own badge and even drummed up a series of rules. I didn't really have a puzzle, but I did give a brain-scratchingly hard quiz based off of the game/anime.

I based my gym on a yin-yang theme. Half was physical, the other have spiritual/special.

I opened with the physical:

Foretress - Spikes, sandstorm, and explosion to start off with, followed by...
Aerodactyl
and Kabutops? Although I wanted to replace him with a Tyrannitar. I stopped playing before I could breed him with the move set I wanted.

My second half was my favorite half. I actually gave trainers the option of just having a 3 vs 3 match, and this was always my favorite 3:

A Gengar named Deimos: Nightshade, Confuse Ray, Hypnosis, and Dream Eater. This pokemon was pretty much my best friend. I used him to take down Mewtwo's, too!

A Lapras named Neptune: I basically just used Rain Dance and Thunder with this one.

Finally, a Mewtwo named Phobos.

I was one of the only kids in my school that played Pokemon, but I loved it anyway. I had even raised a Poliwrath that knew Mind Reader AND Fissure XD!

But my favorites (besides Gengar) were a Wobbuffet and a Blissey:

I named them Tanha and Nirvhana, respectively. The Blissey I was particularly proud in, because it used attacks like Counter and Bide, essentially using its hit points like ammunitino :D.

Gosh this all takes me back. I might just go and dust off my old Pokemon Silver game...

cahtush

Jul 7, 2010
The Herp Derp gym
magikarp Lv 7
magikarp Lv 3
kakuna Lv 2
magikarp Lv 2
magikar Lv 8
Gyarados Lv 100 <-knows only healing moves

Darkauthor81

Feb 10, 2007
My pokemon gym would have trap doors that drop unsuspecting trainers into the building's basement where my pokemon horde would devour them.

That's how my pokemon would grow stronger. On the flesh of 12 year old children.

nuba km

Jun 7, 2010
the co-operation gym:
each puzzle is based on a different pokemon:
1. dusknoir (ice/fire/thunder/shadow punch)
the puzzle will be on ice and you have to slid to certain buttons to change a electric maze so you can light 4 lanterns and dusknoir will sometimes apeare and if you slid into him he punches you back to the start of the puzzle.
2. excadrill (sword dance/ earthquake/ metal claw/ rockslide)
you have to go through a tunnel system were you will wither fall through a hole or get sucked up it if it's above you if it is a dead end you have to fight a trainer who will have a drilbur or diglett
3. glavantula (thunderbolt/ electro ball/ agility/ bugbuzz)
it is a maze were you have to push over torches to burn away spider webs.

after that you will have to take me on in a rotation battle, when you win you get the team work badge which is in the shape of two hands shaking each other, you after wards can go to me to teach the punches to your pokemon.

entering battle phrase 'a perfectly united team can beat any challenge, even magicarps could beat arceus if they were working perfectly with each other'

if I win the battle phrase 'you need to know your foe and plan ahead'

if I lose the battle phrase 'Know you must ask did you win with brains or with muscles'

Sonic Doctor

Time Lord / Whack-A-Newbie!
Jan 9, 2010
J4AZero said:
Sonic Doctor said:
Actually, the Battle tower is technically still in the game. It is the Battle Subway in Nimbasa City, it runs on pretty much the same premise.
i ment the whole frontier thing that they've made remade and totally killed
Oh, when you said Battle Tower, I thought you were talking about the tower from Diamond/Pearl.

I know they remade the Battle Frontier for Heart Gold/Soul Silver, but I hadn't gotten to it anyway. In Heart Gold, I had only just defeated Champion Lance for the second time, and I was in the process of a grueling training session with my team because I still need my team to be at least 10 levels higher to face Red on Mt.Silver. I don't know if you noticed, but if you compare Red's team levels from the original Gold and Silver to the remakes, they boosted each of his team members by 7 levels in the remakes.

Fuselage

Nov 18, 2009
Legendary Gym on the outside to scare real challengers away and cocky little individuals come in and vs my entire team.
Bidoof-Defensive
Bidoof-Defensive
Bidoof-Defensive
Bidoof-Defensive
Bidoof-Defensive
Magikarp-Offensive

SamuelT

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2009
Country
Nederland
I would have no Pokemon. I would just stand on a pedestal without stairs or ladders. The trainers in the gym would, after battle, just point and say "That's the Gymleader."

I'd laugh as all the trainers would run circles around the pedestal, desperately trying to 'catch my eye'.

teqrevisited

Mar 17, 2010
Psychic type and a gym designed to confuse.

Alakazam
Venomoth
Espeon
Starmie
Gallade
Metagross

The gym would be set up like a hall of mirrors. You'd have to walk along to find the passageways through them where there isn't a reflection and there'd be buttons on the floor that rotate and move some of the mirrors when you step on them.

NuclearPenguin

Oct 29, 2009
Grass type.
Sawsbuck (Sword's Dance, Heal Bell, Baton Pass)
Virizion
Shaymin-S
Whimsicott
Simisage
Serperior