Zero Punctuation: iPhone Games

MBE

Jul 1, 2009
I literally LOL'ed at "Internet Explorer + Cat = YouTube"

I concur with Yahtzee. Screw Sonic. This video was more informative and interesting than that pile of Sonic excrement could be.

Valthek

Aug 25, 2008
Quite simple: Breathe in
Breathe out
don't be on mars

don't buy apple crap...

done!

WaderiAAA

Derp Master
Aug 11, 2009
Hilarius review.

And by the way, I find the best way to breathe on Mars is to imagine that Earth doesn't exist.

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
First one since Other M that made me laugh. A lot.

Also, hooray for me! Apparently I'm a martian.
So I don't have an iPhone, big deal. I'll just use my death ray to obliterate all of yours, so then nobody has them. :p

teebeeohh

Jun 17, 2009
so, those games...ähm...you pay money for? not wow-gold like real money?
because i feel like i played all those. for free. with a mouse as flashgames. to keep me from actually doing stuff

Vrach

Jun 17, 2010
Breathing on Mars is quite easy. As for iPhone games, I don't know, what you described there hardly seems innovative. It's just that the indie market who've been making those games for ages now have moved from making them for PC/internet (and making no money off it) to making their colons spacey enough for Apple to get some cash from the whole thing.

Don't get me wrong, I don't disapprove, hell, I might end up there myself for a while at least, considering I'm going after the games industry, but it's just that I don't consider those things to be "real" games due to their simplicity and lack of pretty shiny things on a big screen. To quote GTA SA "I know, I'm a shallow person - drown me". But to be frank, you had a sort of a similar point of view when you were reviewing Sims 3.

geizr

Oct 9, 2008
Well, this thread is boringly predictable; gamers avoid or dismiss anything Apple. Of course, that's cause gamers are boringly predictable. The funniest thing I've observed about the Apple hatred is that it's mostly people who have been dealing with computers for 5 years or less. Take anyone who's been in IT for 15 years or more, and their response is usually "went Mac and never looked back at anything else." After a while, you learn a very important lesson about computers(and machines in general): you choose either to have the machine work for you, or you end up working for the machine.

Red Pawn

Jun 3, 2009
Dear Dr. Yahtzee,

The trick is to get degrees in Physics and Aerospace Engineering, join up with NASA and then recruit everyone with any ambition or motivation in the company for your own side project when you realize nothing's fucking happening in this institution anymore.

Regards,

Jack Wynand
Head of Actually Doing Shit

Eldritch Warlord

Jun 6, 2008
Breathing on Mars is not too big a technical challenge. I for one have a hydroponic garden for my O2 needs. I get the water from polar ice caps and fertilize the plants with reclaimed organic material and chemical fertilizers manufactured from local resources. All of it is powered by wind turbines and batteries.

Billkwando

Oct 8, 2008
Dear Magic the Gathering: Cookies and Milk,

Showing your ad in the MIDDLE of ZP is a certain way to guarantee that I will NEVER buy your product again.

Sincerely,

Guy with 3 binders full of Magic cards and an entire Dark set

MrMajenta

May 21, 2009
we're discussing breathing on mars and nobody thinks to mention total recall? there's something wrong with this. i like the idea of going ninjitsu on the produce section of my local grocer, and at least i won't get arrested this time.

WolfenD

May 9, 2010
I breath on Mars by....shit I can't breath on Mars *dies*
I was surpised when the Zp said Iphone Games. I really like it when you do the little guy support. Thanks for reviewing somthing I wasn't excpeting.

teh_Canape

May 18, 2010
I don't have an iphone

and, actually, it's easier than you think

just, don't breathe, aliens do it for you ^-^

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
http://www.gamesradar.com/f/10-deliciously-must-have-hardcore-iphone-games/a-201011261249637

I need an iPhone...

DevilishGryphon

Jul 6, 2009
Wow there are more of us on mars than i thought there were, and incidentally i created a giant air dome that now houses four cities.

But anywho, nice review it was a breath of fresh air and a welcome change to all the mainstream games (not that i don't like them it's just nice is all to see something a bit different).

MegzHartie

Dec 18, 2009
I don't own an iPhone since I have a Droid but have played iPhone/iPad games on my boyfriends stuff. I personally prefer Plants VS Zombies to Angry Birds though my boyfriend loses himself in Angry Birds frequently when he isn't sucked into Fallout New Vegas. :0