Bethesda Says People Are Still Buying Horse Armor

EightGaugeHippo

Apr 6, 2010
Horse armour and spell tomes are the only DLC I haven't bought for Oblivion.
No real discussion value, just thought I'd put out that vaguely relevant point.

GotMalkAvian

Feb 4, 2009
To be fair, it was relatively inexpensive, and a lot of people are okay with spending a bit of extra money to customize their gaming experience. Hell, just look at the success of the XBox Live Avatars and their buyable accessories. Plus, I think a lot of people have downloaded the horse armor just because it became such a big joke. Sometimes, something gains novelty value for being so ridiculous that it becomes legendary; after all, that's why we're finally seeing Duke Nukem Forever.

Chal

Aug 6, 2010
I wonder if he counts DLC sold as part of a pack as a recent sale. Otherwise, that's rather pathetic.

BoogieManFL said:
Purely cosmetic?

I was under the impression the armor gave your horse more health.
It's stylish and functional. Bethesda, you so good at DLC.

lockeslylcrit

Dec 28, 2008
FYI: since Andy Chalk is Canadian, both "Armor" and "Armour" are correct spellings, according to Canadian English. Since this website caters to a large number of Americans, using "Armor" is still quite legitimate.

I am amused at how the horse armo(u)r DLC degenerated into discussions on British/Canadian/American English usage.

Sallix

Apr 9, 2008
I got horse armour when I bought Oblivion GOTY edition, never knew there was such an uproar about it.

Labcoat Samurai

Feb 4, 2010
Macrobstar said:
well it was the americans who changed it, armour is not pronounced arm or, so it should not be spelled as such
Devil's advocate: It's not pronounced "arm our" either. Should it be armer?

Caffeine Rage

Mar 11, 2011
How it is spelled aside; I have to wonder just how Bethesda is getting these numbers. Is there really a large number of people who are buying horse armor as a stand alone package? Or, is it people like me who ended up with it as part of a completion package?

I would be more interested in seeing how they obtained these numbers than anything else.

Loonerinoes

Apr 9, 2009
I genuinely get only the credo of prostitutes in my head when I hear news like this, and I mean this with the greatest respect for what other people think is worth forking over your money:

"Ah well...whatever gets you off."

fanklok

Legendary Table User
Jul 17, 2009
geldonyetich said:
Personally, I was hoping horse armor would keep my horse alive a bit longer. Silly Oblivion horses bumble into trouble constantly.
That's why smart people use Shadowmere.

Labcoat Samurai

Feb 4, 2010
Andy Chalk said:
a purely cosmetic upgrade
Well, not *purely* cosmetic. It did double your horse's health, which prevents it from dying so dang often.

Of course, if you get the horse from the assassin's guild, you have an invincible horse, which is even better.

dietpeachsnapple

May 27, 2009
therandombear said:
Bethesda...use the darned money from Horse Armor and update a patch to FO3 so I can play it on my Win7 PC >:|

I'll be honest...I kinda bought the darned horse armor when I first got Oblivion...had some free points leftover so I bought several DLC for Oblivion...I didn't even use the horse, I lost it after 20 mins :>
Perhaps you could assist the habitually uninformed. How do you lose a horse? Plunk it down somewhere and wander off? Lead it to water and tell you that if it wants to leave, it must drink?

Ein987

Jan 15, 2011
Haha, I bought every DLC except for the armor, because it seemed so useless. *sigh* I can't beleive people are still buying it...

C95J

I plan to live forever.
Apr 10, 2010
Lawllerskater said:
C95J said:
hahahaha...

oh wait... I bought horse armour as well...

You spelt armour wrong.
You spelled "spelled" wrong. "Spelt" isn't a word.
Not in my dictionary :)

therandombear

Elite Member
Sep 28, 2009
dietpeachsnapple said:
therandombear said:
Bethesda...use the darned money from Horse Armor and update a patch to FO3 so I can play it on my Win7 PC >:|

I'll be honest...I kinda bought the darned horse armor when I first got Oblivion...had some free points leftover so I bought several DLC for Oblivion...I didn't even use the horse, I lost it after 20 mins :>
Perhaps you could assist the habitually uninformed. How do you lose a horse? Plunk it down somewhere and wander off? Lead it to water and tell you that if it wants to leave, it must drink?
I dismantled and walked bit away from the horse to get something, when I got back it was gone. Couldn't find the horse anywhere at any city or main base in the mountains.