'First 3 Twilight Films are Better than the original Star Wars Trilogy'

trooperpaul

Apr 14, 2009
Has anyone else seen "Vampires Suck"? I thought it was a great movie.
And, as we seem to be on the subject of superhero movies, FLAME ON!

Truehare

Nov 2, 2009
I am not a Star Wars fan; in fact, as trilogies go, I prefer Indiana Jones (yeah, I know it's not a trilogy anymore, and the funny thing is, I loved the fourth movie anyway...) and Back to the Future. But I still think no respected film critic would say that if he weren't looking for a change of careers. Are you sure Mark Kermode wasn't being (heavily) ironic?

Unless, of course, he meant that the Twilight movies are a better adaption from the original books than the Star Wars trilogy. In that case, I would agree with him.

Dimbo_Sama

Mar 20, 2009
Wait...What said:
Well that was said without any thought jsut a quick wikipedia search brought up 'Kermode has been described as "a feminist, a near vegetarian (he eats fish), a churchgoer and a straight-arrow spouse who just happens to enjoy seeing people's heads explode across a cinema screen".
Well it might not of been said with any knowledge of Mark Kermode outside of his criticisim, but I was just interpreting what he said, hence I used the qualifier apparentally
Dimbo_Sama said:
I think he's saying this, just to be incindiary, and also because he is apparentally a mysogonist

Kelthurin

Jun 18, 2009
Do tell how a "critic" like that ends up on bleeding BBC. It's fairly the clear the guy is nearly blind to think the Twilight films are better than anything at all.

AstylahAthrys

Apr 7, 2010
It just means he's a tasteless idiot who's opinion I will never respect...

And also needs to be stabbed in the shin with a spork for such a stupid opinion.

ArMartinez02

Mar 10, 2010
lol, Twilight being better than Star Wars never, not even in a million years,

and surely not in a galaxy far far away!

Cyrax987

Aug 3, 2009
You can't say someone saying a movie is not that good because its overrated is a logical reason for hating it in the first place. So because a lot of people like it and mention, reference, or write about it means you should hate it because of its popularity?

Its just like all the haters on The Dark Knight and Inception or any other movie Christopher Nolan has come out with. People will come out on the first two days of its released and go "It'd be better if it wasn't so overrated." I can't think of a logical reason why a movie would be better if less people liked it.

Wait...What

May 10, 2009
Cyrax987 said:
You can't say someone saying a movie is not that good because its overrated is a logical reason for hating it in the first place. So because a lot of people like it and mention, reference, or write about it means you should hate it because of its popularity?

Its just like all the haters on The Dark Knight and Inception or any other movie Christopher Nolan has come out with. People will come out on the first two days of its released and go "It'd be better if it wasn't so overrated." I can't think of a logical reason why a movie would be better if less people liked it.
Its not bad because its overrated, im just saying its not as good as many people say it is, i never thought i would have to define overrated.

kman123 said:
Wait...What said:
Okay first off, this isn't MY opinion. This is the opinion of Mark Kermode a BBC film critic who i greatly respect. I was just wondering your views on this.

Personally although i disagree, i can see where he's coming from. The original star wars trilogy is overrated and the twilight films do get some unfair hatred.
Ahem, while I agree the original trilogy is fair overrated (I never got into it, which doesn't explain my unhealthy obsession with lightsabers), this hatred of Twilight is justified, sans for all those trolls you usually get. I've read the books and watched the movies, so I'm a perfectly justified person in saying that they really, REALLY, SUCK. Not even the likes of Nolan could bring the series to redemption.
I disagree but i love streetlight manifesto so will leave you be good sir

Lexodus

Apr 14, 2009
ITT: You rage, you lose.

OT: Whoever this guy is, he's a fucktard of the highest order.

May 5, 2010
heavymedicombo said:
Frozen Donkey Wheel2 said:
So.......Discussion?

I mean, OK. This guy has an unpopular opinion............So what?
I hate myself for saying this but he has the wrong opinion. saying that you like one film over another is fair enough. saying that one film is better than another should have proof. and in that respect star wars is better in every way.
Well, you're not wrong, but you kind of missed the point of my post.

You know, the whole "No discussion value, this is a terrible thread and it should die" part.